Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone find "The Matrix" UE standalone eBay auction?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone find "The Matrix" UE standalone eBay auction?

Old 12-10-04, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
Seems like there are a lot of people on E-bay who are the sorts who'd buy a few copies of the ultimate box, then split it up and sell them seperately to get higher prices on the specific stuff which you can't get any other way, most especially the original 'Matrix' disc.

It may SEEM to be like that, but from doing a couple of quick searches on ebay right now, people are trying to unload the entire Ultimate Matrix collection itself. Not just trying to part it out. That takes to much work and effort in finding a buyer for each item and getting a price that would actually warrent selling them seperate. It just doesn't make much sense on the sellers stand point. I can understand why a buyer would want that, but there is no real benefit to sell the first dvd at 10 bucks more and run the risk of not even selling the other films.
Old 12-10-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
It may SEEM to be like that, but from doing a couple of quick searches on ebay right now, people are trying to unload the entire Ultimate Matrix collection itself. Not just trying to part it out. That takes to much work and effort in finding a buyer for each item and getting a price that would actually warrent selling them seperate. It just doesn't make much sense on the sellers stand point. I can understand why a buyer would want that, but there is no real benefit to sell the first dvd at 10 bucks more and run the risk of not even selling the other films.
Agreed.

If I had a bunch of the UE boxsets, I would be selling them complete.

The only scenario that I think is possible, is that someone who has the original matrix who buys the 10 disc set, then decides to sell the UE version of the first disk and keep the original disk in its place.

BUT, it seems like waaaay too much trouble to make an extra $10-20 bucks.

I highly doubt it will happen.