Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone find "The Matrix" UE standalone eBay auction?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-04, 02:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

from the Ultimate collection of course that was just released. Just want the one movie of course as many do...I have done searches but cannot find any, if there are any to be had that is. If someone could e-mail the link or post that would be great. I am not sure if this thread is legit so I will delete ASAP if not. Thanks.
Old 12-08-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
from the Ultimate collection of course that was just released. Just want the one movie of course as many do...I have done searches but cannot find any, if there are any to be had that is. If someone could e-mail the link or post that would be great. I am not sure if this thread is legit so I will delete ASAP if not. Thanks.
This doesn't make much sense. Why would someone do this?

You could just buy the UE and not watch any of the extras or sequels.

I doubt you will find anyone who buys the UE and decides to sell only the first movie. There just doesn't seem to be much profit in it.
Old 12-08-04, 03:11 PM

The WB 1999 Disc of the Matrix is perfectly fine in my eyes.
Old 12-08-04, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by supersonicx
I guess it is possible that someone would sell the first disk and keep their old copy of the Matrix.

If you found someone, what price are you willing to pay? Just curious.

I for one, think the old matrix picture quality is not that good now compared to newer releases. A new transfer for it is great.
Old 12-08-04, 03:16 PM

It would be nice to see some screenshot comparisions, to see how much difference there really is, if any.

BTW, The Matrix was the first DVD I ever bought. Got it along with my first player.
Old 12-08-04, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
It would be nice to see some screenshot comparisions, to see how much difference there really is, if any.

BTW, The Matrix was the first DVD I ever bought. Got it along with my first player.
The review here on DVDtalk has some general pics that show the color changes and they discuss the overall improvement of the pic quality. Ill see mine tomorrow, but it sounds like a major difference.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13432
Old 12-08-04, 03:25 PM

Although it looks better, I still want to stick with my old Matrix disc.
I am not a fan of buying $90+ box sets when I can get the movies (The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions -- although I have the Matrix already) for less than $50.
Old 12-08-04, 03:27 PM

I am not a fan of buying $90+ box sets when I can get the movies (The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions -- although I have the Matrix already) for less than $50.
And I already have all three, so there is really no chance of me buying this, unless money suddenly is no longer an object, and I have every other DVD I want.
Old 12-08-04, 03:27 PM

I am not a fan of buying $90+ box sets when I can get the three Matrix movies for less than $50.
I sold my old Matrix movies for $8 each at BBV on trade in ($32). Then, bought the new UE (without Ted Logan bust) for $45.98 shipped at BN.com.

Not bad for an upgrade in picture and all the extras.
Old 12-08-04, 04:28 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pretty happy with my original Matrix DVDs, they have lots of extra's which I have and will only watch once.
Old 12-08-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just wait it out... WB is bound to eventually release the first film as a stand alone. I'd wager on 6 months from now, if that, if I were a betting man. There's a market for a Matrix re-release, the suits at WB must realize this...

>>> Just want the one movie of course as many do...

Yup. I'll wait and upgrade when WB puts it out. No interest here in anything other than the first film... And, if I'm wrong, so be it. Time marches on.
Old 12-08-04, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am not a fan of buying $90+ box sets
You'll be glad to know, then, that this box's *suggested* retail price is under $80. I, too, figured this would be a $100 (or more) box, so I was really surprised when I was in Virgin (Virgin, for God's sake! The most expensive store that I even bother to go to) and saw it for $65. I figure, with a little shopping around, you could get it for $50 or less.

Still a bit more than I want to pay, but a far cry from expectations.
Old 12-08-04, 05:16 PM

Amazon lists it for $55.94, oddly enough...two days before it was out, they listed it as $89.99.
Guess they changed their minds.
Old 12-08-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DV2 has it for 47.99 and the Ultimate edition for 77.99
Old 12-08-04, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why are people trying to do this? The set itself is not that much. For 10 disc, $50 isn't that bad. I don't see why Anyone would sell their single disc on ebay...

actually with this deman, I would.

I would like to anounce that my "THE MATRIX" UE first disc is for sale.. price $49.99.

I sold my old Matrix movies for $8 each at BBV on trade in ($32). Then, bought the new UE (without Ted Logan bust) for $45.98 shipped at BN.com.

Not bad for an upgrade in picture and all the extras.
Exactly! I got rid of my single disc for $10 each and the extra I spent on the other 6 disc was worth the $20 or so I spent on it.
Old 12-09-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
I did the same thing.
Old 12-09-04, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd really really like to upgrade my original WB Matrix DVD, but I want to own the sequels even less. Maybe they'll eventually release these separately.
Old 12-09-04, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This doesn't make much sense. Why would someone do this?

You could just buy the UE and not watch any of the extras or sequels.
It makes enough sense to me.

You could buy the UE for fifty dollars, but if the original is all you really want, and that disc is going for ten on eBay, why pay the fifty? And really, stranger things have been auctioned off. I doubt there'll be a huge surge of these, but I'm sure at least one will show up.
Old 12-09-04, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Corvin
It makes enough sense to me.

You could buy the UE for fifty dollars, but if the original is all you really want, and that disc is going for ten on eBay, why pay the fifty? And really, stranger things have been auctioned off. I doubt there'll be a huge surge of these, but I'm sure at least one will show up.
I understand that their is a small demand, but it seems to me that the price is not worth it.

If I pay $45-60 for the complete set, selling the first disk for $10 just doesn't seem that feasible.

Most people buying the complete set, want the new upgraded original matrix.

You are correct that stranger things may have happened, but I would think that it probably wont happen. Just like you probably are not willing to pay $45-60 for the first disk.

It just doesnt seem worth it to go into the hassle of setting up an auction, watching it, packaging it up and shipping it for all of about $10-20. Thats just me though.
Old 12-09-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree Rock, it's beyond strong for someone to buy the UE and then want to sell the first movie instead of keeping that updated version and selling their original disc.

I can see what the benefit for those who don't want to buy the UE have, but I have no idea what sort of benefit it would have for the person who buys a UE.
Old 12-10-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not saying it isn't weird---just that weirder things have happened.
Old 12-10-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree that $50 for a 10 disc set is very reasonable, but in actuality it's a 3 movie set with the added anime disc and some specials. Again, still a pretty good deal, but unless I run into it dirt cheap used I'm going to wait on a single release.
Old 12-10-04, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by nightmaster
I agree that $50 for a 10 disc set is very reasonable, but in actuality it's a 3 movie set with the added anime disc and some specials. Again, still a pretty good deal, but unless I run into it dirt cheap used I'm going to wait on a single release.
This makes alot of sense for those of you who want only the first movie.

I am almost sure that Warner will release them seperately in the future.
Old 12-10-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most people buying the complete set, want the new upgraded original matrix.
Seems like there are a lot of people on E-bay who are the sorts who'd buy a few copies of the ultimate box, then split it up and sell them seperately to get higher prices on the specific stuff which you can't get any other way, most especially the original 'Matrix' disc.
Old 12-10-04, 02:16 PM
Banned

Amazon lists it for $55.94, oddly enough...two days before it was out, they listed it as $89.99.
Guess they changed their minds.
Huh? It's still listed with a discounted price of $55.94 with a SRP of $79.92.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.