Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Any chance of seeing the Lone Gunmen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance of seeing the Lone Gunmen?

Does anybody know if there are any plans on bringing the short lived Lone Gunmen series to DVD? Those guys were some of my favorite characters from the X-Files series.
Old 08-28-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would think FOX would release it next year around the same time a X-Files: Season 9. They had the some what official series finale for the show on The X-Files.
Old 08-28-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I'd love to see this series on DVD but I've often wondered if Fox would release the Pilot Episode intact or at all. The story dealt with crashing a plane into the WTC.

Andrew
Old 08-29-03, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by The Valeyard
I'd love to see this series on DVD but I've often wondered if Fox would release the Pilot Episode intact or at all. The story dealt with crashing a plane into the WTC.
More specifially SUCCESSFULLY PREVENTING a plane from crashing into the WTC.
Old 08-29-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think we'll see it in November of 2004, with season 1 of Millenium coming May 2005.
Old 08-29-03, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I'll bet we'll see this one next year after the X-Files sets are finished. Chris Carter has to earn $$$ somehow.
Old 08-29-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never seen TLG - was it any good?
Old 08-29-03, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To justify the $150 MSRP of the lackluster season nine, FOX should throw The Lone Gunmen in with The X-Files in May 2004. Maybe more people will pick up season nine. As an indirect result of this, people would then pick up season eight this November. I have a feeling a lot of people will decide to let season seven be their last one purchased. My decision on whether to purchase eight/nine is still up in the air.
Old 08-29-03, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's no decision for me. The shelf would feel incomplete knowing I was missing 2 season of my favorite show. I'm a completist. And these last 2 seasons really had some cool episodes. I didn't catch many of them during their initial run, knowing I'll be getting the DVD anyway, but the ones I saw I liked a lot. But then again, I never really disliked a single episode of the series. I've always found good things in each. My favorite episode of Season One is "Genderbender", so there.
Old 08-29-03, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Squirrel God
I've never seen TLG - was it any good?
It was a great, underrated series that got crapped on by Fox, as Fox seems to be prone to crap on their best shows. If the set comes out, I suggest a blind buy, especially if you enjoyed the LG episodes on X Files. I found this series to be a thousand times more enjoyable than the last three seasons of X Files combined.
Old 08-29-03, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
It was a great, underrated series that got crapped on by Fox, as Fox seems to be prone to crap on their best shows. If the set comes out, I suggest a blind buy, especially if you enjoyed the LG episodes on X Files. I found this series to be a thousand times more enjoyable than the last three seasons of X Files combined.
Thanks. I do love the LG episodes on the X-Files so I think I'll get this - if and when it appears

I still have 5 more seasons of the X-Files to buy first though
Old 08-29-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As much as I liked The Lone Gunmen I'd be ok if they never came out.

I thought they were better minor characters. The show was good but I preferred them on Th X-Files.

But if it did come out I know I'd buy it just so I have all of their material.
Old 08-29-03, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
They dumped it because it didn't star any hot young actors.

I don't know why everyone craps on the last couple of seasons of X files. I (to my recollection) found it to be around 50-50 in the quality department. One week would be excellent, while the next week a total disaster. i.e. focusing on fleshing out Dogget = , giving Annabeth Gish ANY screen time = They were hit or miss but I don't think they are as bad as everyone claims.
Old 08-30-03, 10:58 AM

The biggest problem I had with the Lone Gumen TV show was that it was played for laughs too much. The Gumen on the X-Files were often humorous but often dealt with deadly serious situations. Their own show was often silly.

Still, I'd pick up a box set of that show, and would like to see it more than X-Files Seasons 8 and 9. (Especially that dreadful last Lone Gumen appearance in Season 9. So bad.)
Old 08-30-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i only ever got to see 2 eps of this show, but I really liked it a lot. Seems to me with just 13 eps, they could prolly make this a pretty cheap set if they went with a dual layer dual sided 2-disc arrangement. I dont see much of a need to make a full blown x-files style box set... them things are $pendy.

BTW, I think chris carter will probably be able to scrape by without the income that might be generated by a Lone Gunman set...

j
Old 08-30-03, 04:27 PM

I sort of disagree with your assessment. Fox promoted the heck out of this show. It's not their fault no one tuned in to watch. If I recall correctly, they even ran the pilot in a few different time slots on the first weekend of the premiere.
Old 12-10-04, 02:26 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Yay! Amazon lists a 3-disc Lone Gunmen set for March 29!

The Edward Woodward chimpanzee episode will be MINE!

(TVShowsOnDVD says: The Lone Gunmen wrap-up episode from the 9th season of The X-Files, "Jump The Shark", will also be included in the Lone Gunmen set. No big spoilers here, but it most effectively concludes The Lone Gunmen series.)

Last edited by G. Noel Gross; 12-10-04 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-10-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, and it will have the pilot that was oh so edgy because of 9/11
Old 12-10-04, 02:48 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
yup, and it will have the pilot that was oh so edgy because of 9/11
Yeah, huzzah to Fox for including it! For the uninformed, the episode focused on foiling a plot to fly a passenger jet into the WTC.

191 days before it actually happened. 1-9-1 ... 9-1-1. Ooooooooo.

PS: Fun with "Search" a.k.a. The Way Back Machine (forgot all about Titus):
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showpos...54&postcount=8

Last edited by G. Noel Gross; 12-10-04 at 03:28 PM.