free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-04, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to let everyone know, I preordered this online from BestBuy.com and it arrived with the figure. The box was a little banged up since it shipped in a crappy bubble mailer, but I guess its better to have a dented box than none at all.
Old 11-18-04, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
No mention of Pillman, eh? That sucks. No Eliminators? They had to have mentioned The Gangstas and the Dudleys...why no Eliminator clips?
There are several clips of the Eliminators, hell they show them on Raw.

Those that the DVD 'went into' we/are under WWE contract. Notice Styles is throughout the doc, but Heyman only mentions him regarding the PPV.
Old 11-22-04, 03:03 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Re: Re: free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Originally posted by Class316
Because there are proper ECW DVDs released in both R1 and R2 are much better. The 1 hour documentary will not be all that (as with most 1 hour WWE docs on DVDs) and the extra matches are nothing special at all. Almost any ECW DVD has better matches.

No because I still don't have enough referrals for it yet. BUT I did get my free 20gb ipod (from the same company).

My order was shipped FEDEX on 10/23/04

And I got it 10/26/04

And the whole thing wasn't just free, it cost me -$10 (I got a $10 amazon gift certificate using the infone offer, used it on my Disney Treasures pre order on top of the STL discount)

Best Internet deal EVER!

I can confirm that is 100% legit. If you want to do the free ipod please ask me for some referrals and I can send you some as I know people still doing it (they might get upset if I post on here). If you want to do the free flat screens or PC then look no further than my sig
Hi,

I'm interested in the IPOD one so here's my email : [email protected]
Old 11-23-04, 10:36 AM

I'm an ECW fan since I first saw them on Boston area TV in 1996. I went to about a dozen Boston area shows and continued to watch and record the TV shows religiously into 1999 when the product started to suffer. I ate this DVD up. Disc one is awesome but there were many more characters I wished would have been represented. You guys touched on some of the biggest omissions already. The Gangstas, The Eliminators, The Full Blooded Italians, Joel Gertner, and FRANCINE "The Queen of Extreme" were criminally underrepresented. And even though these six Japanese performers made only a few performances, what about the amazing showcase of talent from Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada, Gran Naniwa, Taka Michinoku, Sho Funaki, and Dick Togo? The personalities who are covered most on this DVD are those under WWE contract, so what about Funaki? And is Taka Michinoku still under contract?

All in all, this is a must-have DVD for ECW fans who might not own any other ECW DVDs, like me.
Old 11-23-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Joshua B
I'm an ECW fan since I first saw them on Boston area TV in 1996. I went to about a dozen Boston area shows and continued to watch and record the TV shows religiously into 1999 when the product started to suffer. I ate this DVD up. Disc one is awesome but there were many more characters I wished would have been represented. You guys touched on some of the biggest omissions already. The Gangstas, The Eliminators, The Full Blooded Italians, Joel Gertner, and FRANCINE "The Queen of Extreme" were criminally underrepresented. And even though these six Japanese performers made only a few performances, what about the amazing showcase of talent from Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada, Gran Naniwa, Taka Michinoku, Sho Funaki, and Dick Togo? The personalities who are covered most on this DVD are those under WWE contract, so what about Funaki? And is Taka Michinoku still under contract?

All in all, this is a must-have DVD for ECW fans who might not own any other ECW DVDs, like me.
If you're such an ECW fan how is it you don't own more DVDs?? I don't think I'm the fan you were/are and I have a about 4 R1 and 1 R2 (not including this one).
Old 11-24-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well just to update everyone. I finally was able to get to Best Buy last Friday and as I figured they didn't have any ECW DVDs left. According to one of the managers, they received 20 DVDs with the RVD action figure and they were soldout by Tuesday afternoon. (Uggh, I should have went out of my way that morning!) He said they were supposed to get another shipment later in the day but he wasn't sure if they were going to come with the RVD figure. I then came home and ordered one via the 20% sale on DDD and got it for $14.51. (Unfortunately its on backorder-supposed to be shipped Nov 29.) I was thinking of ordering one online, pick instore pickup and perhaps I would get the RVD figure. (Then I could return the DVD and keep the figure.) But I'm glad I didn't.

Fast forward to this Tuesday. On my quest to get to Seinfeld DVDs pricematch with the Hollywood Video ad, I was at Best Buy and decided to check the WWE DVD section. Sitting there on the top shelf, was a RVD figure in its box. However there was no DVD attached to it and after looking for five minutes, there was no DVD anywhere on the shelf. I took the RVD figure with me to customer service (since I had to do the Seinfeld pricematch there) and asked if I could purchase it without the DVD since there was none on the shelf. He tried scanning it, nothing came up so he said I could have it for free if I did the RVD pose/"yelling Rob Van Dam" and doing the spinning kick RVD does. I did it and he gave me the figure! The box was slightly damaged on one of the corners but hey I got the figure so thats all that matters!

LB...

Of course I'm kidding about doing the RVD pose/"yelling Rob Van Dam"/spinning kick RVD does. He just gave me the figure for free.

Question: What ECW DVDs are available via Region 2?

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-25-04 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-24-04, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow!! Congrats on the free figure!!

As for R2 ECW DVDs, go to http://www.amazon.co.uk and do a search for "ECW" under DVD.

The first few will be R1, then all R2.

Some horrible news regarding the DVD:

Many of the original ECW theme music tracks were not used in the Rise and Fall ECW DVD. WWE do not have the licenses for these tracks, which is the reason why.
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2004...1101312219.php

Last edited by Class316; 11-24-04 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-24-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Regarding the autograph session I went to at FYE.

RVD was replaced by Spike Dudely! That angered me off cause I got RVD stuff to sign and not Spike Dudely stuff.

While in line the asshole guy working there asked if I bought an ECW DVD or the new Music CD cause I had to have at least one to be in this line. I show my ECW DVD. He asked if I got it from here I of course said yes. He asked for the receipt I said I didn't have it. He then said you have to buy one today or have a previous receipt. So I was stuck buying the new Music CD for $17.

I also had the 2003 and 2004 Diva magazine with Dawn Marie's pages book marked.

I reached them, both signed the DVD and the CD (even though neither Dawn nor Spike is on the CD). I had Spike sign my copy of ECW Barely Legal DVD (even though he's not on the DVD but RVD is and that was meant for him). Dawn signed some pages on the magazine and I took my picture with them.

I stood in line a second time. I reached again Spike said "you're back". I told Spike I would have had more for him to sign but I thought RVD was going to be here. He was like "ahhh" and slapped his hands together.

I had Dawn sign me more pages from those magazines. One of the pictures showed her ass and she's like "oh my ass showing" I told her that's why I chose it. She also flipped to what she said was her favorite picture and said "I have to sign that" and signed it.

Overall I'd say those 2 were the coolest ever in terms of autographs.
Old 11-24-04, 11:00 AM

Regarding the autograph session I went to at FYE.

RVD was replaced by Spike Dudely! That angered me off cause I got RVD stuff to sign and not Spike Dudely stuff.

While in line the asshole guy working there asked if I bought an ECW DVD or the new Music CD cause I had to have at least one to be in this line. I show my ECW DVD. He asked if I got it from here I of course said yes. He asked for the receipt I said I didn't have it. He then said you have to buy one today or have a previous receipt. So I was stuck buying the new Music CD for $17.

I also had the 2003 and 2004 Diva magazine with Dawn Marie's pages book marked.

I reached them, both signed the DVD and the CD (even though neither Dawn nor Spike is on the CD). I had Spike sign my copy of ECW Barely Legal DVD (even though he's not on the DVD but RVD is and that was meant for him). Dawn signed some pages on the magazine and I took my picture with them.

I stood in line a second time. I reached again Spike said "you're back". I told Spike I would have had more for him to sign but I thought RVD was going to be here. He was like "ahhh" and slapped his hands together.

I had Dawn sign me more pages from those magazines. One of the pictures showed her ass and she's like "oh my ass showing" I told her that's why I chose it. She also flipped to what she said was her favorite picture and said "I have to sign that" and signed it.

Overall I'd say those 2 were the coolest ever in terms of autographs.
Show us the pics?
Old 11-24-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The pics are in a magazine so I don't want to ruin things by scanning.

I'll post a picture of the DVDs when I get the chance.
Old 11-24-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and I took my picture with them.
How about that pic?
Old 11-25-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
How about that pic?
It's not developed yet (yes I'm lame don't have a digital)
Old 11-30-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's some autographs:

iceworld2.netfirms.com/ecw1.jpg

iceworld2.netfirms.com/theme.jpg

iceworld2.netfirms.com/ecw2.jpg
Old 01-05-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do apologize for bringing this back from the dead, but if anyone is interested in this set including the BB RVD figure Ill be glad to sell/send it to them for $20. This has been watched once and is in great shape, including the box containing the figure.
Old 01-05-05, 08:31 PM

Class316,

Are you going to post the picture of you with Spike and Dawn Marie?