Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Damn!! RVD in his ECW attire! Now I want to get it! Personally I'm not too interested in the DVD!! I wonder if I can buy the DVD with the figure, keep the receipt, and then after 2 weeks give the DVD back. Or maybe I could get it then sell/trade the DVD on the Internet.
Old 11-01-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Well,i will have to pick this one up now.Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-01-04, 10:31 AM

Re: free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Originally posted by Class316

Damn!! RVD in his ECW attire! Now I want to get it! Personally I'm not too interested in the DVD!! I wonder if I can buy the DVD with the figure, keep the receipt, and then after 2 weeks give the DVD back. Or maybe I could get it then sell/trade the DVD on the Internet.
I'm curious since you're a big fan too, why wouldn't you want to see the DVD? Also, a little off topic...but did you ever recieve that TV in your sig?
Old 11-01-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Re: free limited RVD action figure with Rise & Fall of ECW DVD

Originally posted by CaseyB
I'm curious since you're a big fan too, why wouldn't you want to see the DVD?
Because there are proper ECW DVDs released in both R1 and R2 are much better. The 1 hour documentary will not be all that (as with most 1 hour WWE docs on DVDs) and the extra matches are nothing special at all. Almost any ECW DVD has better matches.

Also, a little off topic...but did you ever recieve that TV in your sig?
No because I still don't have enough referrals for it yet. BUT I did get my free 20gb ipod (from the same company).

My order was shipped FEDEX on 10/23/04

And I got it 10/26/04

And the whole thing wasn't just free, it cost me -$10 (I got a $10 amazon gift certificate using the infone offer, used it on my Disney Treasures pre order on top of the STL discount)

Best Internet deal EVER!

I can confirm that is 100% legit. If you want to do the free ipod please ask me for some referrals and I can send you some as I know people still doing it (they might get upset if I post on here). If you want to do the free flat screens or PC then look no further than my sig
Old 11-01-04, 10:53 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually its a 3 hour doc from what I read in an internet review somewhere. According to what I read it was quite good.

I am getting this for sure!

Greg
Old 11-01-04, 10:55 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ripped from another site

This post contains a huge amount of information regarding the upcoming Rise and Fall of ECW DVD, set for a November release...

Chapters:

Early ECW
The Public Enemy
Taz
Sabu
Terry Funk
The Night The Line Was Crossed
Paul Heyman vs. WCW
Tommy Dreamer
The Sandman
Sandman-Dreamer Feud
ECW Evolution
Cactus Jack
Mikey Whipwreck
The Extreme Begins
Philadelphia
Technical Wrestlers
Production Value
The Fans
Raven/Dreamer
Sabu Gets fired
Taz breaks his neck
The Monday Night War
Lucha Libre
Steve Austin Comes to ECW
Promos
Cactus Jack Leaves ECW
Taz returns
Sandman/Raven
The bWo
Beulah & Dreamer
ECW & WWE
The Crucifixion
The importance of PPV
ECW loses the PPV
The PPV is back on
WWE Co-promotion
Barely Legal: Lance Storm vs. RVD
Barely Legal: Taz vs. Sabu
Barely Legal: The Main Event
Raven goes to WCW and Jerry Lawler invades ECW
A Locker Room mole?
The Superstars' Roles (a discussion of everyone's out of the ring responsibilities)
Paul Heyman's creativity
WCW & WWE's ECW Imitation
Taz & the FTW Title
The Dudleys: the most hated tag team
Financial Woes
The TNN Deal & Taz Leaves
The Dudleys Leave ECW
Disappointment with TNN
RVD - the whole F'n show
Mike Awesome controversy & Tommy Dreamer wins the title
The Demise of ECW
Paul Heyman debuts on Raw

Easter Eggs

The Public Enemy training Mikey Whipwreck for his ECW World title match against the Sandman

Michael Cole being shown an injury by Rob Van Dam from his feud with Jerry Lynn

The build to Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Tazz tells a story about a phone call he made to Paul Heyman while on his way to Madison Square Garden for his WWE debut.

Complete matches as extras:

ECW World Tag Team chanmpions Raven & Stevie Richards vs. The Pitbulls - Best of Three Falls Dog Collar Match (Gangstas Paradise, September 1995)

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis - Best of Three Falls (October 1995, ECW Arena)

ECW World champion The Sandman vs. Mikey Whipwreck - Ladder Match (10/28/95 ECW Arena) - First Time Ever released in its entirety.

ECW World Television champion 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu (Cyberslam '96, 30 minute draw, February 1996)

Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer - the final confrontation (WrestlePalooza '97, June 1997)
Scheduled to feature alternative commentary

ECW World Television champion Tazz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (Living Dangerously '98 PPV, February 1998)
Scheduled to feature alternative commentary

ECW World Television champion Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn (Hardcore Heaven '99 PPV, May 1999)

Extras:

Steven Richards Apologises for Leaving ECW

Tazz Seeks Paul Heyman's Blessing

Paul Heyman: Travel Agent

- In addition to the above, the never before seen angle where The Sandman was crucified by Raven and his nest does appear on the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD.

The angle is seen in several clips with Kurt Angle (Angle was at the show and was very angry and upset about the angle) and Steven Richards discussing it.

People featured on the DVD for comments include Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon, Tommy Dreamer, former ECW producer Ron Buffone, Mick Foley, Nunzio (Little Guido in ECW), Bubba Ray Dudley, Chris Jericho, D-Von Dudley, Tazz, Mick Foley, Al Snow, and Spike Dudley.

Apparently, Vince McMahon confirms that Paul Heyman was under WWE payroll during ECW's run, partially in return for talent that left ECW for the then-WWF.

The main feature of the DVD is said to run close to three hours total in a documentary-style presentation.

Full Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com
Greg
Old 11-01-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So basically a bunch of highlights.
Old 11-01-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BestBuy.com has a price for the DVD as $23.99 (plus tax) which includes the Rob Van Dam Action Figure.

Deep Discount DVD has it priced at $16.18 which of course doesn't include the Rob Van Dam Action Figure.

Any chance of Best Buy lowering the price of the DVD the week its scheduled to come out? Otherwise that will be like $8-$9 more just to get the Rob Van Dam Action Figure when ya compare it to the DDD price.

LB...
Old 11-01-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by LaxBandit
BestBuy.com has a price for the DVD as $23.99 (plus tax) which includes the Rob Van Dam Action Figure.

Deep Discount DVD has it priced at $16.18 which of course doesn't include the Rob Van Dam Action Figure.

Any chance of Best Buy lowering the price of the DVD the week its scheduled to come out? Otherwise that will be like $8-$9 more just to get the Rob Van Dam Action Figure when ya compare it to the DDD price.

LB...
I'm at work. Can someone phone DDD and ask if it comes with the figure?
Old 11-01-04, 01:36 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

So basically a bunch of highlights.
Huh????

Its a 3 hour documentary and 7 complete matches. Looks pretty decent IMHO, but to each his own.

Greg
Old 11-01-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The matches aren't that great compared to all the ECW matches. And highlights are just....highlights!!

Also, I called DDD and the woman I talked to said it's just the DVD. Although she didn't seem like she knew everything. If anyone else wants to call and ask, the number is 800-264-5076

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WWE056509
Old 11-01-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The matches aren't that great compared to all the ECW matches. And highlights are just....highlights!!

Also, I called DDD and the woman I talked to said it's just the DVD. Although she didn't seem like she knew everything. If anyone else wants to call and ask, the number is 800-264-5076

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=WWE056509
are there any repeat matches from other ecw dvds?
Old 11-01-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
are there any repeat matches from other ecw dvds?
I think 4 or 5 are repeats.
Old 11-01-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Taz vrs Bam Bam Bigelow
ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Living Dangerously-Asbury Park, NJ (03-01-98)
(This match is also on the ECW-Deep Impact-Uncensored DVD.)

Tommy Dreamer vrs Raven
WrestlePalooza-Philadelphia, PA (06-06-97)
(This match is also on the WrestlePalooza DVD.)

Rob Van Dam vrs Jerry Lynn
ECW World Television Championship Match
Hardcore Heaven-Poughkeepsie, NY (05-16-99)
(This match is also on the ECW-Extreme Evolution-Uncensored DVD.)

So there are three matches that also appear on other ECW DVD's. The only difference you have option of hearing alternate commentaries on those matches respectfully with Taz, Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam on the "Rise and Fall Of ECW" DVD.

The Tommy Dreamer vrs Raven match has to be on the DVD. There are other matches featuring Taz-Bam Bam Bigelow, Rob Van Dam-Jerry Lynn that were just as good as the ones that appear above. (Didn't RVD-Lynn have a classic match on ECW's final PPV?) But I read somewhere that those two are Taz's/RVD's favorite ECW matches vrs Bigelow/Lynn so thats why they were chosen.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-01-04 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-01-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was a HUGE ECW fan. I have ECW TV taped from like...95 through almost '97 and most of the R1 and R2 DVD's.

And I'm getting it. Looks like a good set.
Old 11-01-04, 07:24 PM

Is this available with an in-store purchase or just at bestbuy.com? Thanks.
Old 11-01-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SteveOVig
Is this available with an in-store purchase or just at bestbuy.com? Thanks.
I think both.
Old 11-11-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by LaxBandit

LB...

Update: Best Buy has lowered the price to $16.99 so with taxes (NYS), it will come to about $2.20 more for the action figure when compared to DDD. Not bad, I'll be getting it at Best Buy.
Old 11-11-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess a lot of the former ECW wresters were encourage to talk badly about Heyman on this DVD.
Old 11-11-04, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just found out RVD and Dawn Marie will be at a DVD signing session for that DVD! Looks like I'm getting it! I just hope the RVD figure comes in a box on its own so I can get him to sign that (otherwise I'd have to buy a separate figure for him to sign).
Old 11-11-04, 08:51 PM

I'm picking this up at Best Buy too. With my 20% Madden coupon it sweetens the deal for me. Let us know how the signing goes Class316...where is it at?
Old 11-11-04, 09:09 PM

I just read the review here on the site. It's nice to see some wrestling DVD reviews popping up on here lately.
Old 11-12-04, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's signings in several places.

November 15th - TAZZ & PAUL HEYMAN will be signing the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD from 4-6pm @ FYE - 2700 MIAMISBURG CENTERVILLE RD STE 376, DAYTON OH 45459-3705.

November 16th - TOMMY DREAMER will be signing the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD from 4-6pm @ FYE - 5065 MAIN ST STE 178, TRUMBULL CT 06611-4202.

November 20th - RVD & DAWN MARIE will be signing the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD from 4:30-6pm @ FYE - 6180 GREENBELT RD, GREENBELT MD 20770-1020.

November 21st - RVD and DAWN MARIE will be signing the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD from 2:30-4pm FYE - 9854 CAROUSEL CTR, SYRACUSE NY 13290-9801

November 22nd - REY MYSTERIO will be signing the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD from 4-5:30pm @ FYE - 3300 CHAMBERS RD, HORSEHEADS, NY 14845-1404

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=20410

I'm going to the one on the 20th.

I just hope the RVD figure is in a box and not some lame bag so I don't have to buy an extra figure.

Though word is this is how it comes:

Old 11-13-04, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The figure is indeed packaged in his own box, wrapped with the DVD. The only bad thing is that you don't get to see the DVD content.

Can't wait until Tuesday on this one.
Old 11-13-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
The figure is indeed packaged in his own box, wrapped with the DVD. The only bad thing is that you don't get to see the DVD content.

Can't wait until Tuesday on this one.
GREAT! As long as I can open the DVD and keep the figure in the package [and get the figure box AND the DVD cover signed] then I'll live with not seening the back of the DVD at the store

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.