Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

STAR WARS - DVD GLITCH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the skip/jerk at the beginning of TESB. Will Wal-Mart replace the set for this problem? thanks
Old 09-27-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I had a glitch with ESB, at the end of the opening crawl some green pixelated blocks showed up, and then one scene in Dagobah completely paused, I went back and it played back normal.
Old 09-27-04, 12:31 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Watched everything except the commentaries and had no problems whatsoever. Looked great. Sounded great. Didn't even notice the layer changes (and my player doesn't have a buffer).
Old 09-27-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I have a jump/pause right after the crawl in ESB. When the Star Destroyer comes into view it pauses, and then jumps back a couple seconds. No problems after that.

I didn't try cleaning the disc. I'll try that out. It's not a big enough deal to return the disc though. I've watched all the movies now and that was the only problem I noticed.
Old 10-03-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a glitch on the ANH disc between 58:00 - 1:03:00. There was about 3-4 glitches. I returned them to the store to get a new one. All the glitching is fixed. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-04, 12:20 AM

Also experienced a skip around 58:07 in ANH. Went back to the store and exchanged the set for another one. No more skipping! I guess a bad batch of DVDs for ANH went out and it has been fixed.
Old 10-07-04, 08:27 AM

I had the problem at the layer change at about 1:03. The movie would freeze. I took it back, got a new boxset and the new one works fine. The first dvd didnt work in my Panasonic DVD-S35S player but it did work in my xbox and a real cheap player my sister has. None of my other 200 or so dvds have the same problem in the panasonic.
Old 10-07-04, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by shizawn
I have a jump/pause right after the crawl in ESB. When the Star Destroyer comes into view it pauses, and then jumps back a couple seconds. No problems after that.

I have the exact same problem with my ESB DVD. I have exchanged the disks three times now, still happens. Happens on 4 out of my 5 players.
Old 10-07-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by sugartune
I had the problem at the layer change at about 1:03. The movie would freeze. I took it back, got a new boxset and the new one works fine. The first dvd didnt work in my Panasonic DVD-S35S player but it did work in my xbox and a real cheap player my sister has. None of my other 200 or so dvds have the same problem in the panasonic.
Strange that you are having the problem in the Panny. I have the same model and haven't seen any problems.
Old 10-08-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by spazz276
I have the exact same problem with my ESB DVD. I have exchanged the disks three times now, still happens. Happens on 4 out of my 5 players.
I bought my trilogy at CompUSA. I had the problem with one of their stores. I was actually able to return it at a different CompUSA store and the problem was fixed. I was hoping to get a set from a different batch so that maybe I wouldn't get the same problem.

But, if returning it three times hasn't helped, others who have the same player as you don't have that problem, then it might actually be a lens problem with your player or some other problem with your player.

I knew mine was a disc problem since it glitched in every single DVD player I played it in (I tried it in 5 different players).