Search this Thread

Old 10-26-04, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
to put it blunty...no
Um. No as in...

Is there actually a 4th Robocop DVD?

or...

Is the Image Robocop the same as the MGM Version?

Thanks.
Old 10-29-04, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by StrTrkker
Um. No as in...

1. Is there actually a 4th Robocop DVD?

or...

2. Is the Image Robocop the same as the MGM Version?

Thanks.
1. Yes (Image version, used to own it)
2. Not exactly, but pretty much. The Image is in a snapper, has the theatrical poster cover and probably a different menu. They both have the theatrical cut, possibly different transfers.

Now for my original question, are the transfers for the RoboCop trilogy version and MGM single version the same, minus the new scenes?
Old 10-29-04, 09:23 PM

Oh yeah, and StrTrkker, have any way of scanning that snapper cover? I want to use it for my MGM version. I can trade you scans of the snapper Robo 2 and 3 (from the Image RoboBox) which I recently traded to Blockbuster.

Originally I bought the RoboBox when it was released. I then sold part 1 sealed on Amazon auctions and bought a used Criterion version for about the same amount as what I sold it for. Until recently I still had parts 2 and 3 from this set. I still have the cardboard RoboBox box. Later I decided I wanted both the director's and theatrical versions, so I bought the MGM as the Image is OOP. Then the Trilogy set came out and I bought it.
Old 10-30-04, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by marioxb
Oh yeah, and StrTrkker, have any way of scanning that snapper cover? I want to use it for my MGM version. I can trade you scans of the snapper Robo 2 and 3 (from the Image RoboBox) which I recently traded to Blockbuster.

Originally I bought the RoboBox when it was released. I then sold part 1 sealed on Amazon auctions and bought a used Criterion version for about the same amount as what I sold it for. Until recently I still had parts 2 and 3 from this set. I still have the cardboard RoboBox box. Later I decided I wanted both the director's and theatrical versions, so I bought the MGM as the Image is OOP. Then the Trilogy set came out and I bought it.
Yeah...I'll try and get it scanned for you this weekend. I have the Image Robobox...got it at Borders a long time ago for $30 (+ using a 10% off coupon) so I did aok I think.
Old 10-30-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
If you really just want the first Robocop, and you have a region-free player, you could purchase the R3 MGM DVD:
http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=24887

I think it's basically the same disc as the one in the R1 boxset, although after shipping it may not be much cheaper.
Old 10-30-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Yes, yet another reason why I don't get the draw to Criterion when they release non-anamorphic discs."

Not only non-anamorphic but the MORONS over at Criterion flagged it as FULLSCREEN. So you either have to have a manual zoom on your player or tv, neither of which I have. So on my 16:9 TV it displays with black bars all around it. I couldn't believe it when I put it in the other night.

Last edited by C_Fletch; 10-30-04 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-30-04, 09:41 PM

Thanks StrTrkker!