DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Matrix Trilogy Box Set Details (merged) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/365262-matrix-trilogy-box-set-details-merged.html)

Mikko Rasinkangas 07-03-04 04:26 AM

No commentary from the first release of "The Matrix"?
No isolated score from the first release of "The Matrix"?
No theatrical cut of "The Matrix Reloaded"?

Mike Lowrey 07-03-04 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Mikko Rasinkangas
No commentary from the first release of "The Matrix"?
Haven't the Wachowski's pretty much refused to do commentaries on any of their stuff. Hell, they won't even do behind the scenes stuff.

No isolated score from the first release of "The Matrix"?
Now why would you want that?

No theatrical cut of "The Matrix Reloaded"?
Who knows, could be done via seemless branching much the same way the Alien movies were in the Quadrilogy.

Zodo 07-03-04 08:14 PM

I'm having doubts on whether this list of extras is real, but it does sound like a decent set if it is real.

That being said, the only thing I'm going to do is rebuy the first one if they decide to release that on it's own with the new transfer.

theneobez 07-03-04 08:37 PM

I hope some of this crap will be available separately. . .all I want is the original film and the extras having to do with it. I already have the Animatrix.

Mike Lowrey 07-03-04 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Zodo
I'm having doubts on whether this list of extras is real, but it does sound like a decent set if it is real.
Well, I entered/updated this info into the DVDAficianado listing for "The Matrix Trilogy" Friday night and it was approved, so....

That being said, the only thing I'm going to do is rebuy the first one if they decide to release that on it's own with the new transfer.
I wouldn't bet the house on this, but I highly doubt they'll release these separately. But it's possible they'll re-release the original with the new transfer.

Dead Star 07-03-04 10:29 PM

I dont think theyll sell it seperately. They know the sequels arent as popular as the first, so theyll keep it in the set in efforts to sell more copies of the box.

or I could be completely wrong :P

Mikko Rasinkangas 07-04-04 12:48 AM

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
Haven't the Wachowski's pretty much refused to do commentaries on any of their stuff. Hell, they won't even do behind the scenes stuff.
I'm not talking about a Wachowski commentary. There was a commentary by the fx crew and Carrie Anne Moss on the original release of "The Matrix". Granted, it's not a very good commentary, but I would still like it to be included in the new release. It is not listed in the trilogy box set specifications.

Now why would you want that?
I happen to like film music and and the isolated score was included in the first dvd release.

Who knows, could be done via seemless branching...
I hope the box set will contain both versions via branching, but the theatrical cut is not listed in the current specifications.

Since this trilogy box is supposed to be an "ultimate" release, why drop features that were on the original dvd?

Mike Lowrey 07-04-04 09:50 AM

Originally posted by Mikko Rasinkangas
I'm not talking about a Wachowski commentary. There was a commentary by the fx crew and Carrie Anne Moss on the original release of "The Matrix". Granted, it's not a very good commentary, but I would still like it to be included in the new release. It is not listed in the trilogy box set specifications.
Oh OK, I see what you mean. Well, there could be the possibility as aren't the movie discs supposed to contain some special features, which could be a commentary by somebody.

I happen to like film music and and the isolated score was included in the first dvd release.
Well, I do to, but isolated scores aren't that big of a thing for me. It'd be nice if all DVDs had isolated score tracks, bu they don't and so I really don't worry about that aspect.

I hope the box set will contain both versions via branching, but the theatrical cut is not listed in the current specifications.

Since this trilogy box is supposed to be an "ultimate" release, why drop features that were on the original dvd?

Well who knows, until we get confirmed details anything is possible.

Snowmaker 07-04-04 10:32 AM

Looks like I'll be getting rid of my current DVDs.

MovieFan999 07-04-04 10:46 AM

I really hope they offer Reloaded in it's originail format. While I am in the minority that was my favorite of the three and I want to be able to watch the originial. Well if they don't I will be buying The origianial relodaded DVD.

Josh Z 07-04-04 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
Haven't the Wachowski's pretty much refused to do commentaries on any of their stuff.
They did a commentary for Bound, but after that they decided they weren't doing any more. I guess they didn't like the experience.

Fok 07-07-04 02:56 PM

It looks like a lot of trilogies are following the Alien example. Glad LOTRs was done right the first time.

I hate double dipping :grunt:

pagansoul 07-08-04 11:10 AM

I'll worry about it when it gets here. :)

DVD Josh 08-02-04 03:31 PM

Well people, it's official -

The domestic arm of Warner Home Video has officially acknowledged the existence of the ten-disc The Matrix Ultimate Collection box set. The "may-be-cool-as-hell-or-may-turn-out-to-be-overkill" collection is due just in time for the holiday shopping season. No exact street date has been announced yet.

Info from Davisdvd.com.

Who said this was the worst year for DVDs? As one member says - ninjas are en route to your location :D

eau 08-02-04 03:46 PM

The freaking 10-disc ultimate is gonna kick the Alien Quadrilogy 9-disc, at least in disc count :)

I really hope they will include DTS, which will seal my decision to upgrade.

harosa 08-02-04 05:14 PM

I hope the packaging is better than the Aliens set, I hate opening that ridiculous set all the way to get one disc sometimes. As for individual sales, the Alien set was an exclusive box set for a bit then the individual discs went up for sale, Matrix might go this way.

DVD Polizei 08-02-04 07:34 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Warner most likely wants to target not only the wealthy fan who can purchase a 10-Disc set, but also the one who only wants to commit to one particular movie.