DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Matrix Trilogy Box Set Details (merged) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/365262-matrix-trilogy-box-set-details-merged.html)

TK-421 05-20-04 10:11 AM

Matrix Trilogy Box Set Details

Did a search and saw nothing..

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/227483

Extended version of Reloaded – 1 hour of additional footage
All new documentaries
All new commentaries
All new HD film transfers
Amazing amounts of new content
Matrix (3 discs), Reloaded (3 discs), Revolutions (2 discs), Animatrix
Lots more!
Not confirmed yet, but looks interesting. Guess this means that the "Enter the Matrix" VG footage will be in Reloaded.

silent 05-20-04 10:26 AM

9dvd's? :banana: :banana: :banana:
I'm hoping for an ultra release in R3 or R2J with some sweet packaging

PixyJunket 05-20-04 10:29 AM

That sounds incredibly fake.

EPKJ 05-20-04 11:06 AM

It is listed as a Region 4 release as well.

flashburn 05-20-04 11:15 AM

Sounds way too good to be true.

kar10 05-20-04 11:20 AM

Looks like it might be legit. There are four Matrix Films, right?

Look what they did with Aliens! There is 9 Disc Box Set.

I woudn't doubt that we are going to get something similar.

Fok 05-20-04 11:22 AM

I'll probably stick with the current releases. The box set does sound nice though.

theneobez 05-20-04 11:36 AM

If it's true that sounds interesting. . .one hour of additional footage though? Not sure if that would help the film at all.
Anyway, I hope they give each an individual release, I just want the original.

Philip Reuben 05-20-04 11:37 AM

An extended version of Reloaded sounds plausible - it'd probably use the footage from the Enter the Matrix game.

danicus007 05-20-04 12:02 PM

That is a very good Austrailian (R4) dvd site. I've purchased several titles from them. I don't expect they would post a fake DVD set.

Not that I care anyway....the last movie was shit as far as I'm concerned. So I won't be buying any super duper collector's edition with all the movies from any region.

Bill Geiger 05-20-04 12:23 PM

I agree...used EZYDVD many times and they are classy!

Dr. DVD 05-20-04 12:26 PM

Any chance of getting the Sex and the Matrix short?

Mike Lowrey 05-20-04 12:31 PM

Well, I'm there. 9 disc set. But how are they getting 3 discs each for Matrix and Matrix Reloaded?

fumanstan 05-20-04 12:59 PM

Sounds good to me, i'd definitely get a 9 disc Matrix set.

Michael Corvin 05-20-04 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
Well, I'm there. 9 disc set. But how are they getting 3 discs each for Matrix and Matrix Reloaded?
Well, you have The Matrix and Matrix: Revisited as two discs. So maybe one more full of features.

Reloaded: Already two discs, if they add an hour back into the film, that would make the movie take up one whole disc, I would assume. Then the features from the current release on one and new features on another.

karnblack 05-20-04 01:23 PM

Woo hoo! An extra hour of rave scene! J/K. Hopefully this set will aspire to be as good as the Alien Legacy set.

TylerDurden_73 05-20-04 01:52 PM

I'll believe it when I see it...

JuryDuty 05-20-04 02:15 PM

Not sure if I believe it, but if it happens, I'll ebay what I've got in a heartbeat and get the new ones. I'd love them to incorporate the Enter the Matrix videogame footage with the movie. Cool idea.

Duder 05-20-04 03:06 PM

Niiiiiice! I've hoped they would put the videogame footage on a DVD video disc, cause I've never been a big fan of this mixed-media thing where you have to play a video game to view more (arguably essential) story. The funny thing is that Reloaded has always felt like half a movie to me--just a bridge between the first and third movies--but maybe this footage will help it out story-wise. Assuming that this is legit, I also like that Animatrix will be included. I already own it along with the first Matrix DVD, but I think including it in the boxset will make it "canon" to most mainstream viewers, and will continue to raise the acceptance and appreciation level of anime in the US.

palebluedot 05-20-04 04:27 PM

There is an EZYDVD shop across the street from me...I will go have a chat with them about this.

ThatGuamGuy 05-20-04 04:30 PM

So all that "no commentary" talk was just BS to get people to buy the early versions and then buy these to hear people explaining the Matrix?

I don't know, I'll believe that announcement when it's official, no offense to the site that posted it.

metaridley 05-20-04 04:36 PM

I've been holding off on buying the first releases of the Matrix DVDs, in hopes of an eventual boxset being released. Looks like I'm about to be rewarded for my patience.

Pelayu 05-20-04 04:55 PM

Originally posted by metaridley
I've been holding off on buying the first releases of the Matrix DVDs, in hopes of an eventual boxset being released. Looks like I'm about to be rewarded for my patience.
You are not alone! :)

purplechoe 05-20-04 05:00 PM

Not sure how accurate the info is, but I'll be getting The Matrix box set regardless.

PalmerJoss 05-20-04 06:06 PM

I had planned on buying the inevitable boxed set anyways, so this sounds like good news to me if true.