Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Eerie Indiana - Tommorow??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it's the mistake on the back of the box that made them delay the set? The comment that the series "comes to DVD for the first time with three original episodes" is a wildly inaccurate description of the box set.
Yeah, that's the text from the original release, in fact. The one with three episodes (not original in the sense that they were new, original in the sense that they weren't "The Other Dimension" or whatever the spin-off was).

Let's all cross our fingers and hope that the reason for the delay is that they're going to add 'The Jolly Rogers' (the lost episode).
Old 01-22-04, 11:50 AM

Does anyone elses order status at ddd show this. PREORDER 1 $45.78 0 ~01/27/04
It doesn't even a listing of the title on it anymore. It just says preorder. I hope mine actually ships on 1/27
Old 01-23-04, 04:12 AM

jonathan.e

Are you already selling your box set?
Dissapointed?

Deleted link at request of jonathan.e - Static
Old 01-23-04, 04:41 AM

I'm still upset by all of this and also no one has answered my question if they knew it was coming to stores? My favourite show is on DVD and I can't get it.
Old 01-23-04, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dmras
Are you already selling your box set?
Dissapointed?

With copies going for $270-$400 I’d have to be stupid not to see what it can go for. It’s still sealed so it’s got nothing to do with being disappointed with it, more of having some bills to pay!
Old 01-23-04, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Which Button?
I'm still upset by all of this and also no one has answered my question if they knew it was coming to stores? My favourite show is on DVD and I can't get it.

As present it appears that it is not. Whether that’s down to rights problems or packaging errors is not known. Seems strange that DDD and DVDPlanet seemed to have the only stock available but maybe they negotiated an exclusive and this could have now run out. DDD say the set has been discontinued with no new date showing for re-release and they have 0 copies in stock. I ordered this way back in November and hoped it would ship then. This was well before the price started going nuts.
Old 01-23-04, 10:34 AM

Yeah it really sucks therte not sellingf it anymore, not like I could have gotten it anywau. It really sucks i'll never be able to get Eerie Indiana
Old 01-23-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Which Button?
It really sucks i'll never be able to get Eerie Indiana
It is not definitely gone. It could be just delayed, there is probably an issue that needs to get worked out. I still don't think the few that did get out were supposed to when they did. Don't give up hope yet.
Old 01-23-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still upset by all of this and also no one has answered my question if they knew it was coming to stores?
What are you talking about? This entire thread has been about how NOBODY KNOWS when it's coming or what's up with the delay. So the answer to your question is "No, nobody knows".

It really sucks i'll never be able to get Eerie Indiana
I would say the fact that it's already had one release and has had a major release in the pipeline for more than a year which, despite a short delay, has obviously been produced to the point where they began shipping before stopping for some reason is a pretty good indicator that it will happen soon. I could name a dozen shows off the top of my head which I'd love to own as much as I'd love to own 'Eerie' which have had absolutely *no* buzz. Just be patient, dude.
Old 01-23-04, 05:19 PM

Which Button?

Here is yesterday correspondence with BMG

"To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Online Contact

Hi Jennifer, Jennifer!

Please say something-

Any news about Eerie Indiana DVD box set release?

ANSWER-

As of today, the release of the Eerie Indiana boxset is on hold indefinitely. Unfortunately, I do not have any information as to when this will be available to the public. Just keep checking back with us.

Have a good weekend.

Jennifer"

Good that I was one those who got it!
Old 01-25-04, 05:40 AM

TVshows on DVD says this is completely cancelled for now (the story mentions a similar note to the one above):

This week the word started drifting in from those retailer contacts: the set is no longer planned to be released at all. "Cancelled" was the word, over and over again. And then, to seal the deal, TVShowsOnDVD reader Eddie Brock forwarded a note to us the other day. He had asked BMG directly about the set, and what the proposed date this month would be. The reply was short:

Dear Eddie,

The Eerie Indiana release date has been put on hold indefinitely.
That is all of the information that I have at this time.

Please check back at a later date.

And that's all she wrote, folks. "Don't hold your breath" seems to be the advice to follow here. Perhaps the release got caught up in rights issues, like so many have before. If so, BMG ain't sayin'. Frankly, that note is the first indication we've seen from the company that admits the release even existed. For the few copies that leaked out before the recall, I expect they will turn into prized collector items.
There's more, but that's the improtant part.
Old 01-27-04, 01:28 AM

This news is really disappointing. The first eerie indiana dvd was my first tv show that I bought on dvd and one of the first dvds that I bought. I put my order in at ddd on 10/30/03. It shows a shipdate of 1/27. I guess I'll see tomorrow if it ships. I have a feeling that it won't
Old 01-27-04, 02:08 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Looks like I will be ebaying this. Im sure it will be released later in, and when it is, I will pick it up.
Old 01-27-04, 05:32 AM

I thought you got it already Gizmo
Old 01-27-04, 08:56 PM
Suspended

I do. Which is why I said "Looks like I will be ebaying this"
Old 02-04-04, 04:14 AM

The link for those who were not so lucky to get the set-

http://www.petitiononline.com/1972IN/petition.html
Old 02-04-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The link for those who were not so lucky to get the set-
I'll sign it if you add something to call their attention to the fact that there's a lost episode they should add to the release.

I mean, if you're gonna send them the petition anyway, they should be told about that, I think.
Old 02-04-04, 10:13 AM

Has anyone else who received this set noticed that the 5.1 Surround sound mix on the second disc is horrible? The voices come out of the left and right front speakers, and all sound effects are echoey and come out of the rear speakers for no reason.
It reminds me of the crappy 5.1 mix BMG did for "My So-Called Life." It's so distracting that I've been selecting the Stereo mix instead.

The 5.1 mix on the first disc is much better. I haven't checked the sound on the other three discs yet, but I'm not expecting it to improve.

I doubt this is the reason BMG pulled the set, but it is inconsistent and bothersome.

Also, for anyone who's wondering, the video quality of the episodes on disc two seems identical to that of the first disc, which means it's not great -- way blurry for a show that's only 12 or 13 years old.
Old 02-04-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ASAPadam
Has anyone else who received this set noticed that the 5.1 Surround sound mix on the second disc is horrible? The voices come out of the left and right front speakers, and all sound effects are echoey and come out of the rear speakers for no reason.
It reminds me of the crappy 5.1 mix BMG did for "My So-Called Life." It's so distracting that I've been selecting the Stereo mix instead.

The 5.1 mix on the first disc is much better. I haven't checked the sound on the other three discs yet, but I'm not expecting it to improve.

I doubt this is the reason BMG pulled the set, but it is inconsistent and bothersome.

Also, for anyone who's wondering, the video quality of the episodes on disc two seems identical to that of the first disc, which means it's not great -- way blurry for a show that's only 12 or 13 years old.
Yeah I noticed the 5.1 mix on the second disc was terrible as well. Very echoy... The other three discs are fine though, if I remember.
Old 02-08-04, 09:08 PM
Suspended

No lost episode. Only a few scenes were shot before. So unless you want to watch a 3-4 minute random thing....
Old 02-26-04, 12:16 AM

It seems to me that the set has no region mark and no macrovision.And it's interesting if BMG doesn't confirm that it realeased the set what about copyright of this set?
Old 02-26-04, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I signed the petition. I'd like to get my hands on this too. Not for resale at exorbitant amounts of money, but this was a damn good show. T

I'll be honest, though, the fact that it's so elusive makes me want it more now.
Old 02-26-04, 06:01 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Any chance we can change the title of this thread? Eerie Indiana has been coming out "tomorrow" for months now!
Old 02-26-04, 02:21 PM
Suspended

Well, after debating for a while, I decided to sell/trade mine. Please go here if interested. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...92#post4598992
Old 07-10-04, 02:21 AM

Any news on a reissue of Eerie?

Peace and Love,

Hermey the Elf

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.