Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-07, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno2006
My Ratatouille steelbook doesn't have the title on it's spine.
my bad. I thought he was referencing the Pirates 2 Steelbook in the message above his. I didn't see the subject line.
Old 11-13-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It appears that the Ocean's Thirteen Steelbook is the hot one. There was only four left at the store when I left and one of the case had a floater.

Lots of Shrek the Third Steelbooks left. They had a huge display setup.
Old 11-13-07, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by howwon
It appears that the Ocean's Thirteen Steelbook is the hot one. There was only four left at the store when I left and one of the case had a floater.

I concur. My Futureshop also has <10 Ocean's 13 left. However, there are plenty in the online store.

Last edited by @TOMMY@; 11-13-07 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-14-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by @TOMMY@
I concur. My Futureshop also has <10 Ocean's 13 left. However, there are plenty in the online store.
Recently, one of my orders, which consisted on four Steelbook titles, arrived in a bubble mailer with three floaters inside.

I was able to replace two of the titles at the store but the third titles can only be ordered online.

I dislike placing small orderes online, as the Columbia House Canada (CHC) factor comes into play - almost 100% floaters.
Old 11-14-07, 01:32 AM

Recently, one of my orders, which consisted on four Steelbook titles, arrived in a bubble mailer with three floaters inside.

I was able to replace two of the titles at the store but the third titles can only be ordered online.

I dislike placing small orderes online, as the Columbia House Canada (CHC) factor comes into play - almost 100% floaters.
May I ask what are floaters?
Old 11-14-07, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
Anyone know what is on the 2nd disc and why no other R1 release is 2-discs? i thought FS usually at least has the same # of discs as all other releases and only their packaging is special...
The second disc is a "Masters of the Heist" Bonus Disc. This is no different than when Best Buy Canada/USA have bonus discs/gifts.

Best Buy Canada has a free deck of playing cards with their copies.
Old 11-14-07, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by @TOMMY@
May I ask what are floaters?
Loose disc inside the case.
Old 11-14-07, 07:28 AM

It really is, after I grabbed mine there was only 2 more of the Ocean's Steelbooks left. There were plenty of Shrek's though.
Old 11-14-07, 08:03 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
My Ratatouille steelbook doesn't have the title on it's spine.
I don't have all the disney steelbooks, but I can say the ones I do have, none of them have a title on the spine...must be because they come side by side with the reg. cased DVD so you can't see the inside spine of the steelbook...strange why Disney would cheap out on that

ps - the future shop I went to to grab my Shrek 3 and O13, 90% of the O13's had corner dents! and like yours, had only about a dozen or so...I got lucky that there was at least one perfect one!
Old 11-14-07, 08:41 AM
Banned

I just saw on Ebay one of the Pirates Of The Carribian steelbooks is going for big money and it was just listed a few days ago! Is this the rarest Disney steelbook to find?
Old 11-14-07, 10:16 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by JLBkret
I just saw on Ebay one of the Pirates Of The Carribian steelbooks is going for big money and it was just listed a few days ago! Is this the rarest Disney steelbook to find?
prices on ebay usually have little indication on how rare a DVD is, a Hannibal Steelbook DVD went for over $80 when they first came out, and they were available everywhere in North America...X-Men 3 is usually considered the rarest North American Steelbook, and POTC 2 might be the rarest Disney Steelbook, but Cars & Little Mermaid are probably right there as well
Old 11-14-07, 04:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
Originally Posted by Taker316
It really is, after I grabbed mine there was only 2 more of the Ocean's Steelbooks left. There were plenty of Shrek's though.
the FS site says it still has 74 copies, so it can't be that hard to get...
Old 11-14-07, 09:12 PM

As you can see, I bought A LOT of Steelies over the past week! lol

Old 11-15-07, 02:39 PM
Cool New Member

very rare Steelies to collect:
X men 3 -
Cars
Oceans 13
Pirates 2
Cars
Little Mermaid
Old 11-15-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by TOMHOLJEN1
X men 3 -
Cars
Oceans 13
Pirates 2
Cars
Little Mermaid

Cars is so rare that it's listed twice.
Old 11-15-07, 03:48 PM

X men 3 -
Cars
Oceans 13
Pirates 2
Cars
Little Mermaid
i still don't understand this "Ocean's Thirteen" being rare. it just came out and the online site still lists 73 as available. am i missing something?
Old 11-15-07, 04:18 PM

has anyone else taken other region steelies and made them R1 by inserting the R1 dvd from a standard case? i did that with "12 Monkeys" and "Pan's Labyrinth" and now "12 Monkeys" is the pinnacle of my collection bc i just love that case.

Old 11-15-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

X men 3 -
Cars
Oceans 13
Pirates 2
Cars
Little Mermaid
I have only seen eBay listings for 300, Ocean's Thirteen and Pirates 2. I think that, it is too early to say that Ocean's Thirteen Steelbook is rare. It was only released two days ago. Depending on your location, it may be hard to find, but I wouldn't say rare yet.

Pirates 2 is in play right now and I predict that it will top $100, easy. I can only imagine what the final bid will be, if you get a couple of Steelbook collectors sniping during the last five seconds.
Old 11-15-07, 10:18 PM

I have only seen eBay listings for 300, Ocean's Thirteen and Pirates 2. I think that, it is too early to say that Ocean's Thirteen Steelbook is rare. It was only released two days ago. Depending on your location, it may be hard to find, but I wouldn't say rare yet.

Pirates 2 is in play right now and I predict that it will top $100, easy. I can only imagine what the final bid will be, if you get a couple of Steelbook collectors sniping during the last five seconds.
That's incredible! I should have started my steelbook collection years ago before these titles became so rare lol

Last edited by @TOMMY@; 11-15-07 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 11:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
X men 3 -
Cars
Oceans 13
Pirates 2
Cars
Little Mermaid
Damnit i knew i should of splurged and bought both the 300 Best-buy helmet exclusive(that's the one i finally chose after alot of debating!) AND the steelbook!

Glad i have the X3 and Cars though. I didn't even know Little Mermaid and Pirates 2 had steelbooks until couple weeks ago! I never saw them advertised at all.
Old 11-16-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The one that I really wanted was the Cars steelbook. I had no idea they had this until it was too late. Also I missed out on the Chronicles of Narnia and X3: The Last Stand. However, I passed on the following:
Da Vinci Code
Mission Impossible 3
Superman Returns
Underworld Evolution

Actually, I saw the Superman steelbook in my local Future Shop store this week and you can still get the Mission Impossible 3 steelbook online.
Old 11-16-07, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
has anyone else taken other region steelies and made them R1 by inserting the R1 dvd from a standard case? i did that with "12 Monkeys" and "Pan's Labyrinth" and now "12 Monkeys" is the pinnacle of my collection bc i just love that case.

those are pretty nice! and no ugly "18" in a circle thingies
Old 11-16-07, 08:27 AM
Cool New Member

Oceans 13 will be very rare, take my word for it.
X3 is by far the rarest. Embossing on the front and the debossed claw mark on the back plus the comic book. 300 not far behind
Old 11-16-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Live Free or Die Hard Steelbook has been released a week early at Future Shop.

Best Buy (USA) release date is Nov 20.
Old 11-17-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
is there any info on hd dvd steelbooks?

The 1st ever steelbook that might look like designed for Blu Ray and HD

Though this one houses a DVD, the height itself is shorter than the standard steelbook and same height as the bluray and HD ones...

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
PS3 Collectors Edition: DVD behind the scenes, Lenticular Rey Mysterio Card, Kelly Kelly trading card, Inside of steel book has Kelly Kelly from game, back of steel book has Rey from game, stripped down version of signature moves book out out by WWE a while ago, and slip case. Sorry no chance yet to check contents of dvd.

Originally Posted by throwback
Woah that's the PS3 Exclusive! I never thought that I already have the EBGames/Gamestop exclusive in advance. I received it last week (friday) as a complimentary game, packaged with my brand new Playstation Underground Game Advisory Panel welcome kit...

i think i shall open this one upon seeing the contents, been playing the 360 version since last week (via flea market) since both ps3 & 360 have same graphics, thanks for the loose pics l8nerduke.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.