Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Star Wars DVD change?

Star Wars DVD change?

Old 07-29-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Rivero
Yes, so by that rationale you'd probably be ok with an updated version of 2001: A Space Odyssey with all new digital effects and a better-looking StarChild. Maybe Ray Harryhausen can ok an update of the effects in the films he worked on. They could replace the skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts and the Cyclops in Sinbad with brand-new CGI versions. Lang's Metropolis? Needs SERIOUS fixing, a complete overhaul.
Actually Rivero, I think it's time we demand the new season boxed sets of the original Star Trek be completely redone in CGI so all the ships and special effects better match with the Enterprise TV series. No wait - that might upset all the fans. I forgot only Star Wars fans are expected to accept these kind of changes and like them.
Old 07-29-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by chanster
I never knew that you can only discuss DVDs only if you intend to buy them.
Now ya know and knowing is half the battle.
Old 07-29-04, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EDIT: Uh, double post!

Last edited by Terrell; 07-29-04 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-29-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by El-Kabong
so why the F do you gotta keep crapping all over the place. GO AWAY!

Christ, some people.
I don't understand what you people have against Rivero. What the hell else is this person doing besides posting his views on a subject? A view that differs than yours, otherwise you wouldn't be crying like a little girl. Is he posting personal attacks? NO. I'd rather read Rivero's posts that tell me how he feels about a certain topic than reading constant whining from people about how you THINK his opinions are threadcraps. Perhaps deep down you guys all agree with him, but you just don't want to admit it.

Originally posted by mzupeman2
So what is the problem with the fixing of the lightsabers though? What exactly has been done to that, that is makign people upset?

Last edited by Lara Means; 07-29-04 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-29-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vader was always the Emperors bitch-
Vader's also is coy with Palpatine in the ESB. I've always thought he's had a different agenda, but just couldn't not serve his master. It's also well known that Palpatine wants to get rid of Vader and have Luke take his place.

I don't understand what you people have against Rivero. What the hell else is this person doing besides posting his views on a subject? A view that differs than yours otherwise you wouldnt be crying like a little girl.
The only problem I have with Rivero is he keeps dumping in the thread, without adding any useful discussion to the topic. It's obviously he really doesn't want to discuss anything with anyone. He just wants to use this thread as a dumping ground for his slams against the changes. He went apeshit about a change that actually wasn't a change at all. But all he did was call the change idiotic. That's basically thread farting. Voice your criticism, explain why you don't like the change, and do it in a respectful tone rather. Not only that, he keeps repeating himself. Okay, we get it. Do we need to hear it another 50 times. Other than that, I have no problem with Rivero. I even agree with him on a couple of SE changes.

For his sake, I hope he's got the original trilogy. I'm not all that concerned because I have DVD-Rs of my Definitive Collection LDs, and damn good ones. But I would also like them on DVD as well. But enough is enough. Makeyour point, and move onto a different one.

Perhaps deep down you guys all agree with him
Oh perhaps a frog will jump out of my butt. But it won't
Old 07-29-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Lara Means
I don't understand what you people have against Rivero.
I think it's the countless threadcraps in each and every single Star Wars thread that has some members upset. I used to get annoyed by it but i put him on ignore and it rocks.

Old 07-29-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lara Means, I'm not exactly sure what that shaking of the head icon is for. There's been a couple of people that had said they were concerned about the lightsaber changes, so what part of my question lost you?
Old 07-29-04, 10:21 AM
Retired

I don't understand what you people have against Rivero. What the hell else is this person doing besides posting his views on a subject?
Problem is he posts them in every SW thread, even when their off topic.

I have no problem with his opinions in this thread, as it's perfectly relevant to discuss opinions both ways on Lucas' changes.

But he doesn't limit posting these types of opinions in the appropriate SW threads, but every single one which gets old and breaks forum rules when it is offtopic and thus a thread crap.
Old 07-29-04, 10:35 AM
Suspended

I don't understand what you people have against Rivero. What the hell else is this person doing besides posting his views on a subject? A view that differs than yours, otherwise you wouldn't be crying like a little girl. Is he posting personal attacks? NO. I'd rather read Rivero's posts that tell me how he feels about a certain topic than reading constant whining from people about how you THINK his opinions are threadcraps. Perhaps deep down you guys all agree with him, but you just don't want to admit it.
Fine then - I thnk Lord of the Rings is the biggest piece of shit ever to be put on film. I think I'll go into EVERY single thread and post the same tired old argument again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and . . . .

I got no problem with people thinking that Lucas is a baby eating demon, that the special editions are a crime against humanity and that Episode 1-3 suck more than a black hole on a good day. Fine. Great - whatever floats your boat. But why does EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMNED STAR WARS THREAD have to turn into a "How much ass does Luca$ suck" bashfest?

It gets really old after a while people.
Old 07-29-04, 12:05 PM
Retired

Ok, this thread is wrecked. To prevent these arguments among those that love SW and are looking forward to the DVDs and those that hate the SEs and new changes and want the OT I posted seperate threads for each.

If you're looking forward to the DVDs, post here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=377377

If you're pissed about more changes and no OT, post here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...postid=5139538
Old 07-29-04, 12:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Ok, this thread is wrecked. To prevent these arguments among those that love SW and are looking forward to the DVDs and those that hate the SEs and new changes and want the OT I posted seperate threads for each.

If you're looking forward to the DVDs, post here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=377377

If you're pissed about more changes and no OT, post here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...postid=5139538

Ok, it can't hurt to try.