Community
Search

Matrix Revolution DVD Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Matrix Revolution DVD Discussion

Posting early in case some of you already got your copy. I won't be picking up mine until Wednesday, so wanted to know what everybody thought of the DVD.

From DVDEmpire

Widescreen:

Full-Screen:

Make sure you get the right one.
Old 04-06-04, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on the content itself... but that is still some ugly cover art
Old 04-06-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by nemein
I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on the content itself... but that is still some ugly cover art
The second one is anyway.
Old 04-06-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up my copy at midnight and watched all the extras before I started the film.

It's better than the Reloaded set but having the White Rabbit feature during the the Revolutions Recalibrated is a stupid idea because I clicked the rabbit and then later on realize the other page of extras was stuff I had already seen. That was pretty lame and caused me to be a bit let down with the extras. I'm just happy to finally have the trailer for the first film. I went and saw the first movie on opening day without even seeing a trailer for it so it was nice to finally see it.

Now that I'm done with this set I can go back to the Panic Room set.
Old 04-06-04, 12:35 PM

I just picked up a copy at WalMart for $15.76, IIRC. Somewhere around that price.

What made my eyes roll is that in that cardboard box near the front of the store they have the movie in, they put the full-screen version at the top, and you've got to bend down to find the wide-screen copies.

I don't know why anyone with a DVD player and a shred of common sense would buy full-screen. Nor do I understand why WalMart would put full-screen on top of wide-screen.
Old 04-06-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OMG??!! You had to bend over? Horrible!

The easy answer is: Many people don't have a shred of common sense. See my sig. Duh.
Old 04-06-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by nemein
Yeah, I'm not sure what that is supposed to be in the second top box.
Old 04-06-04, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked it up at BB. I had the wide-screen in my hands when I went to check out. I get to the register and the girl asks if I would like the one that comes with the free cd-rom of extras. Stupid me, I said yeah sure, without looking at it and it was of course the full screen version. Now I have to go fight traffic again just to exchange this piece of crap. Funny thing is the girl made the comment "I don't why they want us to swap these out as people check out". I guess that should have clued me in that something was amiss but I was in a rush and not paying attention. This seems like a pretty underhanded way of inflating their full-screen sales numbers.
Old 04-06-04, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Altimus Prime
What made my eyes roll is that in that cardboard box near the front of the store they have the movie in, they put the full-screen version at the top, and you've got to bend down to find the wide-screen copies.
Usually buying the full-screen version involves bending over.
Old 04-06-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kninestile
Just picked it up at BB. I had the wide-screen in my hands when I went to check out. I get to the register and the girl asks if I would like the one that comes with the free cd-rom of extras. Stupid me, I said yeah sure, without looking at it and it was of course the full screen version. Now I have to go fight traffic again just to exchange this piece of crap. Funny thing is the girl made the comment "I don't why they want us to swap these out as people check out". I guess that should have clued me in that something was amiss but I was in a rush and not paying attention. This seems like a pretty underhanded way of inflating their full-screen sales numbers.
I rarely buy from best buy but I've noticed that every time I check out they try to throw something in or give you some special offer. They always try to push an additional something on you at the last minute. They just waste my time and piss me off. But like I said, I try not to shop there anyway.
Old 04-06-04, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Somehow i don't think anyone there cares which version they sell more of
Old 04-06-04, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Oh, and i picked mine up at Target just now. It oughta hold me over before the Laker game tonight
Old 04-06-04, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I get to the register and the girl asks if I would like the one that comes with the free cd-rom of extras. Stupid me, I said yeah sure
when I was in sales...I loved coming across people like you.

you actually let the BB employees get a word in...aside from hello and goodbye? when I get to the register, the first thing I say after they say hello, is....NO, I dont read those stoopid magazines you offer, NO, I didnt find everything I want because you never get my films in stock when you are supposed to...and NO, I dont need a gift card. while I'm hunting for dvds prior....I just hold the hand up to the little kid whos asking me evry 2 minutes if he can help me find something. "talk to the hand, harry potter...talk to the hand".
Old 04-06-04, 02:02 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Ranger
Yeah, I'm not sure what that is supposed to be in the second top box.
Isnt that Ripley in the Power Loader?
Old 04-06-04, 02:16 PM

IMO, that bonus stuff Best Buy offers is usually crap. I remember some bonus CD-ROM disc came with Star Trek Nemesis. It was shaped like the Romulan warbird symbol.

It took me a while to figure out how to just get the thing to run in my computer, and when I did get it to run, it sounded like a broken down lawnmower. All it had on it were routine screensavers and wallpapers, nothing extraordinary - I believe the Matrix "bonus" is the same, just shaped like a credit card instead. I won't run the Nemesis thing again because I'm afraid it's going to damage my PC.
Old 04-06-04, 02:27 PM

I've got a question as to whether my disc is acting up or if it's supposed to sound like this -- at the 14:15 mark, when the scene ends and the train moves across the screen from right to left, there's a distinct "wop wop wop" sound in the L speaker, then followed by the train sound in the R speaker. Does everyone else's DVD exhibit this? Just wondering, as it's a unique sound...
Old 04-06-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So the bonus cd-rom only comes with the full-screen version?
Old 04-06-04, 02:41 PM
Retired

Originally posted by The Void
I rarely buy from best buy but I've noticed that every time I check out they try to throw something in or give you some special offer. They always try to push an additional something on you at the last minute. They just waste my time and piss me off. But like I said, I try not to shop there anyway.
That's not the case her at all. They just have a limited number of Reloaded dvds (both Widescreen and Full screen) that are bundled with a FREE cd-rom with some extras on it. So the employee wasn't pushing anything extra on him, just trying to help him get the version with the free extra disc.

But it does suck that they gave him the FS instead of the WS, but he should have double checked.
Old 04-06-04, 02:42 PM
Retired

Originally posted by eatntae
So the bonus cd-rom only comes with the full-screen version?
No it's with both, I got the widescreen with it a little while ago. They don't have a ton of either with the cd-rom so just dig through the display.
Old 04-06-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Somehow i don't think anyone there cares which version they sell more of
I'm with you, I'd say it's more likely related to the misguided belief among the corporate world that people *still* prefer fullscreen, even though the numbers clearly show how untrue that is. There are some people who prefer fullscreen ... and their numbers dwindle every year.

As well they should.

EDIT: I guess this is kind of a moot point if they aren't actually only packaged with fullscreen, isn't it?
Old 04-06-04, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
Oh, and i picked mine up at Target just now. It oughta hold me over before the Laker game tonight

damn working full time suckers, today's such a big day for dvds, and i have to wait until after 7pm to go to best buy because of traffic, get back around 8. then i got 3 whole hours to spend my time before i get super tired to sleep and do it all over again the next morning. can't wait to watch Revolutions, although i heard it sucked, haha i saw the matrix in the theaters, i now watch about 2 movies a year at the theaters.
Old 04-06-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Nor do I understand why WalMart would put full-screen on top of wide-screen.
Merchandising strategy to their target market.
Old 04-06-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up my copy at Newbury Comics, and after watching it I must say that I'm pleased with the AV quality. Near-reference material here folks.

Now I'm just awaiting an official announcement of the Matrix Trilogy boxed set.
Old 04-06-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
That's not the case her at all. They just have a limited number of Reloaded dvds (both Widescreen and Full screen) that are bundled with a FREE cd-rom with some extras on it. So the employee wasn't pushing anything extra on him, just trying to help him get the version with the free extra disc.

But it does suck that they gave him the FS instead of the WS, but he should have double checked.
You're right. I guess it just made me think of my last few purchases at Best Buy. They did push extra junk on me during checkout. Last time it was magazine subscriptions.
Old 04-06-04, 05:04 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

You're right. I called and they have both versions with the CD-ROM (not that I really need it). Just let this serve as warning for others to check the disc first (like I should have done).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.