Star Trek VI no insert?

Old 01-22-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Star Trek VI no insert?

I got my ST 6 Collectors edition today from DVDSoon but there was no insert and it came in a white case, is it supposed to be like that? All the other ones came in the standard dark grey/black case and came with inserts.
Old 01-22-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm beginning to wonder if people would care less that the actual DVD was missing than whether or not an insert came with it.
Old 01-22-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I paid money for something I expect to get the whole package. What's wrong with that?
Old 01-22-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by wfujosh
I'm beginning to wonder if people would care less that the actual DVD was missing than whether or not an insert came with it.

No kidding. I personally could care less about an insert.
Old 01-22-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got a scan of your box cover? The ones I've seen are in the silver box like Star Trek II, III, IV & V.
Old 01-22-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The reviewer from the Home Theater Forum mentioned that his copy was in a white case with no insert.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...18#post1987518
Old 01-22-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can anyone confirm the specs on the special edition. Is it Anamorphic?
Old 01-22-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cartload
The reviewer from the Home Theater Forum mentioned that his copy was in a white case with no insert.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...18#post1987518
Seems like the copy I have is meant to be like that.
Old 01-22-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Adrenaline
I paid money for something I expect to get the whole package. What's wrong with that?
Nothing at all! There are just a ton of posts about "missing" inserts. We don't have to debate it but there's always two camps - those that want them and those that don't care. We call the ones that want them Deanies
Old 01-22-04, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by FaustBos
can anyone confirm the specs on the special edition. Is it Anamorphic?
Yes, it is anamorphic!
Old 01-22-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to ask those who want inserts. I am being serious. Why do you want an insert? Why does it matter? Do you keep the insert by your side as you watch the movie, reading each chapter name as the movie plays? I'm just trying to understand this.

I mean I can understand when someone doesn't like the packaging of a movie, or even cover art ---- but I just don't get the insert thing.

So, if you are an insert fan, please fill me in.
Old 01-22-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordinarily don't care unless it's really nice like the one in the 2 disc Manhunter LE from Anchor Bay. But for the Star Trek flicks, I'd like to have a little consistency, that's all. I will be waiting to see if they put in a black case later. There may have just been a shortage of black ones, so they sent them in whites. Besides I haven't picked up 4 or 5 either, so I'm kinda behind.
Old 01-22-04, 06:06 PM

I don't post much, but thought I'd just put in my opinion...

I have about 1260 DVDs, and I am always wanting an insert--or whatever else comes with the DVD. Many people just want the movie, and that's it. And that's fine. But I'm a collector--I don't want to collect something and not get everything I paid for. An insert is part of what I paid for--I expect to get it. That's all. I don't understand why people that don't care about inserts have to get so mean towards those that do.
Old 01-22-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have to ask those who want inserts. I am being serious. Why do you want an insert? Why does it matter? Do you keep the insert by your side as you watch the movie, reading each chapter name as the movie plays? I'm just trying to understand this.

I mean I can understand when someone doesn't like the packaging of a movie, or even cover art ---- but I just don't get the insert thing.

So, if you are an insert fan, please fill me in.
David -

Give me a break. You don't have belittle folks that like inserts and/or care for them. I have seen plenty of posts from you over details of DVDs that a lot of people personally don't care about

Secondly, if you pay retail price for your item, you should expect to get whatever full package it is. Looks like some folks got very early runs that were DEFECTIVE and were not in the right case and did not have an insert. It matters for people who care about lining up the DVDs in their cabinets and there is an "odd white one" out

Finally, having an insert helps with re-sale value on these, as they "prove" usually that they are not bootlegs.

Why do insert people get persecuted here? Its like we are all a bunch of DVD geeks, but people have to find other people who may have a "niche" obsession and belittle them.
Old 01-22-04, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by chanster

Why do insert people get persecuted here? Its like we are all a bunch of DVD geeks, but people have to find other people who may have a "niche" obsession and belittle them.
Exactly.

If I pay for a car with Power Steering and don't get it, I care. If I buy a lasagna dinner and there are no noodles, I care. Granted, an insert isn't THAT important in the long run, but not everyone is a casual movie buyer--collecting is a serious thing, and DVD has exploded due in no small part to collectors. But insulting and belittling people who prefer to have inserts seems counterproductive and just plain stupid, IMO.
Old 01-22-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A better question would be, Why isn't this thread in the very prominent DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts area? It does get tiresome wading through all the "Did (Insert Movie Title Here) come with an insert?" threads day after day.
Old 01-22-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A better question would be, Why isn't this thread in the very prominent DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts area? It does get tiresome wading through all the "Did (Insert Movie Title Here) come with an insert?" threads day after day
Well in this case it is more than the insert. The box is messed up as well.
Old 01-22-04, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Give me a break. You don't have belittle folks that like inserts and/or care for them. I have seen plenty of posts from you over details of DVDs that a lot of people personally don't care about
Not belittling anyone. Just an honest question.

Since you seem to remember my posts so well, you will see the common theme in many of my posts is concern of optimal video and audio quality.

So, if what you are saying is true about me, you are saying, in essence, that a lot of people don't care about optimal video and audio quality. Whatever.
Old 01-22-04, 07:27 PM

How much money can the studios possibly be saving from NOT putting in a fricken insert? At the very least, give us a 1-sheet copy of the cover - that can't cost more than a few cents in mass quantity.

The DVDs without inserts just look...wrong - like something is missing (which it is). They also just seem cheap - like those $5 disks you pick up at Walmart.

Ask any good chef, and he'll tell you its all about the presentation.
Old 01-22-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by masetodd
...Ask any good chef, and he'll tell you its all about the presentation.
...yeah, and look at the bill the 'good chef' presents you with at the end of the meal...

. . . . . .
Old 01-22-04, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll shy away from twisting people's words around and say ST6 damn well better look like the rest of the Trek SE's. But it looks like it probably won't. I really don't care about inserts all that much, but I sure wouldn't knock those who do.

There, that was productive.
Old 01-22-04, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by wfujosh
Nothing at all! There are just a ton of posts about "missing" inserts. We don't have to debate it but there's always two camps - those that want them and those that don't care. We call the ones that want them Deanies
Okay, why do you call them "Deanies?"
Old 01-22-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So, if what you are saying is true about me, you are saying, in essence, that a lot of people don't care about optimal video and audio quality. Whatever.
Not really, but thats besides the point.

The point is that Adrenaline's copy is defective..
Old 01-22-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by chanster
Not really, but thats besides the point.

The point is that Adrenaline's copy is defective..
I think Adrenaline's copy is just like every other one out there on the market.

Anyway, I wish they did include an insert with this DVD not because I think DVDs should have inserts, but because I think there should be some consistency throughout the Trek SEs. All the other movies came out in black cases and had inserts. Now with the last movie, they change it up.

Ah well, I guess they point is moot since there really was no consistency with the SEs in the first place, what with TMP's cover art being different and all.

Last edited by Cartload; 01-22-04 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-22-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are you sure?

The ones I've seen are in the silver box like Star Trek II, III, IV & V.

Last edited by chanster; 01-22-04 at 08:33 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.