Kill Bill Dvd News!!!

Community
Search

Kill Bill Dvd News!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 01:42 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But will there be a Full Screen version? Anyone, anyone....
Old 10-03-03, 01:48 PM

It was not Harvey Weinstein's idea to cut the film in 2, it was QTs from the start, he wrote it as 2 films, in volumes way before they let him cut it into 2 films, and He asked if he could make it into 2 film, and Harvey said yes.

and the Japanese get a gorier version, it has 2 more scenes of nastier violence that the americans and rest of the world will NOT SEE, you will have to get the Japanese version to get this footage as its never gonna be in the other versions across the world.
The Japanese make stunning dvds anyway, but they are very expensive, but hey you are bound to get a mini samurai sword in the box.
Old 10-03-03, 02:04 PM

I'm pretty sure that anything that is cut will make it to the boxset. If not then what's the point of the double dip?
Old 10-03-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
As far as QT commentaries go, I think the DVDs are better off without him jabbering away at the mic. Seriously, I love his movies, but he gets very annoying after the first few minutes in interviews.
Old 10-03-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Romerojpg

and the Japanese get a gorier version, it has 2 more scenes of nastier violence that the americans and rest of the world will NOT SEE, you will have to get the Japanese version to get this footage as its never gonna be in the other versions across the world.

Never is an awfully long time. I'm sure the milking of a fourth version will be announced soon..

in all seriousiness. I do not doubt that the 3rd version would be the uncut version. No way one region will get exclusiviness for to long.
Old 10-03-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,201 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Just wondering if you have a source for this? I know that Tarantino has thrown around info about possible different cuts for different territories, but I have heard nothing concrete as of yet. What are the "2 scenes" you refer to?

At any rate, due to good timing, I will be in Japan just after Kill Bill opens there (it opens the end of October, later than here). So, I will have the chance to watch the film first here and then in Japan, so I will be sure to let folks here know if Japan actually gets a more violent cut, or if this is like those old "Japan got bloodier versions of Hammer films" stories that have never been verified.
Old 10-03-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Yet another reason to enjoy living in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Old 10-03-03, 07:32 PM
Banned

It was indeed Harvey Weinstein's idea to split the film into two. He didn't want QT to have to cut anything out of the film and he also didn't want to release a 3-hour movie so he came up with the idea to split it up. Even before QT had made up his mind, he shot two title sequences just in case, but it was Harvey Scissorhands who came up with the idea.
Old 10-03-03, 08:34 PM

It was not Harvey Weinstein's idea to cut the film in 2, it was QTs from the start, he wrote it as 2 films, in volumes way before they let him cut it into 2 films, and He asked if he could make it into 2 film, and Harvey said yes.
Incorrect. The film was written as one film divided up into chapters but it was intended to be one film.
Old 10-03-03, 09:05 PM

if it lives up to the hype, I will have no problem wasting my money on this DVD or DVDs
Old 10-03-03, 11:17 PM
Banned

RULE #1: Releasing a DVD twice, for any reason, is grounds for death by torture.

I am so offended!!!
Old 10-03-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You forgot rule #4

A dvd shall have an insert or the studio who released said dvd shall be casted away to the cold pits of hell.
Old 10-04-03, 10:00 AM

The info about the 2 more extreme gore scenes, was in the UK magazine EMPIRE (issue 173, page 92 infact) and another place which I forget.
but hey its only 2 scenes which will be different, but I am sure we will all want the fullest version out there, even if it costs as much as Japanese dvds do.
Old 10-04-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Somehow I get the feeling that QT is messing with the media. I think he's so disgusted by the fact that celebrities can say anything and it will be reported to be fact, that I think QT concocted this story about releasing several versions of the same DVD.

And, well, if it is true then I'll wait for the super-duper tricked out ultimate extreme special edition with G.I. Joe figure of Uma Thurman.
Old 10-04-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by rexinnih
Yet another reason to enjoy living in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Yeah but your closer to North Korea.
Old 10-04-03, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll, more then likely, end up getting each version as they come... But then again who knows. And who else agrees with me that he's dead on with the follow ing statments...

Quentin got all riled up about The Matrix and the use of evil CGI in movies. This new-found hatred was apparently triggered when director Luc Besson brought Keanu Reeves to an early screening of Kill Bill.

'I watched Keanu watching and I suddenly felt it,' explains Tarantino. [Warning: what follows is definitely an 18 rating verbal explosion] 'You know, my guys are all real. There's no computer f///ing around. I'm sick to death of all that s//t. This is old school with f///ing cameras. If i'd wanted all that computer game bulls//t, I'd have gone home and stuck my d//k in my Nintendo.

Really warming to his theme, Tarantino continues; 'This CGI bulls//t is the death knell of cinema. Movies are far too f///ing expensive at the moment and it's killing the f///ing art form. The way it's going, in ten year's time it will officially be killed.'
But seriously Quentin, tell us how you really feel...
Old 10-04-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If i'd wanted all that computer game bulls//t, I'd have gone home and stuck my d//k in my Nintendo.
That's gotta void the warranty somehow.
Old 10-04-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There is a thread in movie talk about his comments. makes you wonder considering the amount of wire-fu used on kill bill.. he must really have a lot of time to remove those wires from each frame one at a time since he feels digital is killing the industry..
Old 10-05-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jarofclay73
Somehow I get the feeling that QT is messing with the media......
Or perhaps too much time in the Green Room is messing wih HIM.
Old 10-11-03, 01:22 AM

Incredible. I'll double dip for this one, no problems
Old 10-11-03, 02:18 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was great. But I'll TRY to wait for the super-duper SE. It's the principle of it. I loved both LOTR but I waited for the EE, and I'm waiting for TTT EE. It's so not worth it to buy a disc that you'll watch once. Which is why I havent bought the single discs of LOTR. Would I ever, looking at my collection, choose to watch the regular cut over the EE? I seriously doubt it. If it's a time thing, I'll just stop the movie.

S, in short, there's no way I'm buying three DVDs of essentially the same movie. The wait for the Big one is worth it. If I HAVE to see it before that, I'll rent it.
Old 10-11-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If I was Terentino, I would release the theatrical cuts and that's it. Why? Because too much bitching and moaning goes on if anything else is done. Now, if I am just a regular consumer, I would buy what version I felt best and shut the hell up and be happy I am being given a CHOICE. Now, isn't there a Lucas bashing thread around here somewhere you all are missing out on?
Old 10-11-03, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
There is a thread in movie talk about his comments. makes you wonder considering the amount of wire-fu used on kill bill.. he must really have a lot of time to remove those wires from each frame one at a time since he feels digital is killing the industry..
Bah! You know what he means.... I saw the film last night and just saw the Tarantino quote right now and I have to admit that the first thing that came to mind during the massive swordfight sequence was how great it was because it didn't look like the ridiculous Matrix Reloaded CGI rubbish.
Old 10-11-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well I say the water fountain blood spourts will be the end of the film industry.
Old 10-11-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only time I'm willing to double dip is when favorite older DVDs are re-released using the formats' current better technology; for instance when Goodfellas is finally re-released, I'd be willing to double dip. Having said that, I will say that I'd rather have 2 or 3 versions of favorite movies available to buy on DVD as opposed to waiting for years for even ONE to be released! Theres no WAY I'll wait on a 2 movie Kill Bill saga set; I wanna have Vol. I in my collection asap to enjoy again and again .

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.