Community
Search

Kill Bill Dvd News!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 05:43 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kill Bill Dvd News!!!

If this movie is as good as everyone says it is, I will have ZERO problem buying three versions of it.

here ya go
Old 10-02-03, 06:00 PM

Good? Who knows.... The wife saw the trailer and says "no thank you".

How is this DVD related anyway?
Old 10-02-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... a split second before I was to post it, you bastard.

I'll wait for the supa-dupa-fly version with the two releases, I suppose... unlike the LOTR releases, he hasn't mentioned if the big release will be an extended cut. If it's not, why would I buy the same film twice?

Originally posted by Ejunior2
How is this DVD related anyway?
Well, the fact that it's about the DVD releases, that Quentin's talking about what'll be on them, Justin's thread title etc...

Last edited by DonnachaOne; 10-02-03 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Double dippers!! Condem them to hell!

Looking forward to Kill Bill? Well, you should be looking forward to the DVD as well, according to Quentin Tarantino, who Empire Online saw today when he cruised in to London in advance of tonight's premiere, you may need a separate shelf just to hold his vision for Kill Bill's home release.

"I'm thinking about it big time already," he said. "I can't imagine a better movie when it comes to great DVD stuff. I'm gonna really play fair as far as the DVD's concerned, you know? We'll come up with separate DVDs for Volume 1 and Volume 2 and I'll do special stuff for each of those. Then we'll come up with a real big version with them both together but I won't repeat the special stuff I put on Volume 1 and Volume 2. I'll do something whole other from that. I might even do some other little movie thing just to go on that special double (Dipped)feature version."

As to what exactly this 'other little movie thing' might be, Tarantino's not telling but the director makes no apologies for his plans to release as many versions as possible. "I'm all about being a collector man. You know? Come out with all the different junk you can."

so in all. he is trying to milk this baby for all it's worth...
Old 10-02-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Note for the easily offended: The following is chock-full of *** SARCASM***.
Proceed at your own risk.

The Internet DVD Rules for Double-Dipping

RULE #1: Releasing a DVD twice, for any reason, is grounds for death by torture.

RULE #2: Rule #1 does not apply to Peter Jackson, but we would like to see him eat more fish and vegetables.

RULE #3: If a DVD was released in the extreme early days of the format's inception, it does not matter. Double dipping is a no-no. Any improvement in picture quality, anamorphic enhancement, audio performance, and buttloads of geekworthy extra supplements will simply have to wait for the next home video format to emerge.

Feel free to append to this list.

Last edited by Hokeyboy; 10-03-03 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-02-03, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just saw it today... I've never been a Kung Fu fan of any sort, and yet I really liked the film anyway. It's extremely violent, so much so that it's funny at times, but anyway... I don't think it's up to par with Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs by any means, and unfortunately it's really lacking the humor, but Kung Fu fans are going to absolutely love it - 8/10

PS - so that this related to the DVD... do we know if Volume 1 will be out before Volume 2 hits the theaters? I would guess yes, but with such a short window (5 months, right?), perhaps it won't be.

Last edited by JonTurner; 10-02-03 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 06:37 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I would like him to release the two movie seperatly with bonus features. then come whopping out with a 4 or 5 disk set. liked the lotr extended dvds, except with the old extras carried over.

that would be prime. then we wouldn't be missing much. You're right, buying 3 versions of the same movie is stupid, unless the extra features really are extordinary on all disks
Old 10-02-03, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser

RULE #1: Releasing a DVD twice, for any reason, is grounds for death by torture.

RULE #2: Rule #1 does not apply to Peter Jackson, but we would like to see him eat more fish and vegetables.

RULE #3: If a DVD was released in the extreme early days of the format's inception, it does not matter. Double dipping is a no-no. Any improvement in picture quality, anamorphic enhancement, audio performance, and buttloads of geekworthy extra supplements will simply have to wait for the next home video format to emerge.

Truer words have never been spoken. Especially #2.
Old 10-02-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why is he all gung ho about the Kill Bill dvd when a few months ago he said that he hadnt even seen the Reservoir Dogs 10th Anniversary? I hope we get a commentary track. If the first two are theatrical cut and then the 3rd is super deluxe directors cut (and if the movie is good, which seems to matter very little to some people these days) I will purchase all three.
Old 10-02-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the dc would be I guess the asian version (they had to "tone it down some" to get an R ratign according to ew.
Old 10-02-03, 07:12 PM

At least he told this in advance
Old 10-02-03, 07:29 PM

yeah, as long as studios are upfront in advance (like the LotR EEs, or Almost Famous) I have no problem with this kind of thing. Personally, if Kill Bill is half as good as I expect, I simply could not wait over a year for them to make a super-set...
Old 10-02-03, 07:42 PM

I'll buy whatever he puts out as long as there's different stuff on all the discs ... Watching Kill Bill all together should be interesting (I hope). Maybe extra footage in a "full" version of the movie?

The mind reels!
Old 10-02-03, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts
Why is he exempt?

A double-dip is a double-dip.

I do agree about his diet though.
Old 10-02-03, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I'll have to hold off to see what is going to be so special about the superdeluxe version that will eventually come out. I'll end up buying both volumes eventually, I just don't like to have multiple versions of the same film on my shelves.

Just saw the film yesterday though. Excellent! Critics are going to hate it though.
Old 10-02-03, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Why is he all gung ho about the Kill Bill dvd when a few months ago he said that he hadnt even seen the Reservoir Dogs 10th Anniversary?
Ahhh, but now he's learning how to milk something for as much as he can. Why have one movie when you can release it as two? Why have two DVDs when you can have three?

If it were Lucas doing this, there would already be a few pages of threads bashing the idea. I'm a BIG fan of Tarantino's, but he's just a little too full of himself these days.
Old 10-02-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahhh, but now he's learning how to milk something for as much as he can. Why have one movie when you can release it as two? Why have two DVDs when you can have three?
In all fairness the split-the-movie-in-two idea was Harvey Weinstein's.
Old 10-02-03, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
When you give your audience plenty of warning about what releases are coming up I see no reason for people being upset. You know whats coming up so you can wait and get the version you want. You don't have to buy all three versions simply because they are releasing them all.

Those SEs that get announced a few months after you buy the standard version are the annoying ones.

The movie being split is the only thing that seemed stupid to me. These kind of releases (like the LOTRs DVDs) are a treat to the fans to give them as many supplements as possible.

In one thread people are complaining because they are not getting enough extras (Indy for example) and in another people are upset because there are too many. No one will ever be happy on this forum. I just hope to Jebus all three versions have an insert and disc art or there will be a riot.

Last edited by darkside; 10-02-03 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Greedy bastard.

Old 10-02-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Truer words have never been spoken. Especially #2.
Damn right! ... that is, if "truer" meant "more sarcastic".
Old 10-02-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser

Can we feel free to disagree with this list too?
Double-dipping is fine with me - if I don't want the second release (Fargo), I won't buy it.
But I sure wouldn't want any faceless Internet DVD policy to keep me from seeing the LOTR Special Editions, Almost Famous/Untitled, Shakespeare in Love Sp Ed, Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs, Grave of the Fireflies, Roger Rabbit, Die Hard, Se7en, etc, etc, etc.
Don't like it? Don't buy it. But don't dictate to me...
Old 10-02-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Rypro 525
the dc would be I guess the asian version (they had to "tone it down some" to get an R ratign according to ew.

actually, since they split it into two films, both our own and the asian version will be the same.

the DC will simply be part 1 and part 2 cut together.
Old 10-02-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i have no problem with this really.. since we've been told what to expect from the get-go. if people want to double-dip then they can, and if not they know there will be a bad-ass version later on.. and like the man himself says, at least there will be different stuff on the releases.. which is nice and the reason i keep both my Memento releases.
Old 10-02-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by WillieTheShakes
Can we feel free to disagree with this list too?
Double-dipping is fine with me - if I don't want the second release (Fargo), I won't buy it.
But I sure wouldn't want any faceless Internet DVD policy to keep me from seeing the LOTR Special Editions, Almost Famous/Untitled, Shakespeare in Love Sp Ed, Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs, Grave of the Fireflies, Roger Rabbit, Die Hard, Se7en, etc, etc, etc.
Don't like it? Don't buy it. But don't dictate to me...
I cant agree more. I am so sick and fed up of people complaining about more and BETTER versions coming out. If you want the best and you like the movie, you will buy it, its that simple. Do people complain about cars coming out each year. BUT WAIT, A NEW CAMRY CAME OUT LAST YEAR, and its similar, but differant enough to warrant a new version. Come on guys, atleast we are getting what we want, THE BEST. I can not blame a company for rereleasing movies. Robin Hood: POT, the first version wasnt good, but it was the movie, and now the 2 disk comes out and its great. GET OVER IT
Old 10-02-03, 09:16 PM
Banned

On a pusedo related note...

Later on in the interview, Tarantino lets slip a couple of morsels on what we can expect from Kill Bill 2. 'Vol 2 is out February 20. Vol 1 is a pure burst of adrenaline. Two we slow it down a little bit, you get to know the characters more, especally Bill; he's in every other ****ing frame. Two's more like my other movies, the dialogue comes to the fore, and it's more chronologically ****ed. And it really ain't gonna end pretty.'
DAAAAYYUMM!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.