Search this Thread

Old 10-13-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Woohoooooo
Old 10-13-03, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait for this. I have none of the friday movies yet, because I've been waiting on a boxset. So this will contain all the discs?
Old 10-14-03, 06:02 PM

a little more info, from the guy who runs the F13 board/we page:

The company that produced the Star Trek SEs for Paramount is doing the Friday box set. That doesn't necessarily mean bells and whistles like those releases, but it at least means they're putting our boy in the same hands.

Sean will definitely be doing a commentary on the Part 1 disc, as he was supposed to do on the original release (the scheduling didn't work out).
Old 10-19-03, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last night I saw a midnight screening of the original Friday the 13th!!!

It kicked SO much ass,I can't describe the experiance in detail,it's something you must experiance for yourself(if a fan,open minded enough).

All those who think mono is crap can kiss my ass. The film rocked in mono in theaters! The sound was extremely loud,full of bass,creepy as hell & powerful. The film was frightening again(have'nt seen it in a few years).

Unless a mono mix on dvd is badly mastered(which the paremount dvds were not!),then I can understand not liking the sound. Yet true legit mono mixes in good condition do rock the house down!

These films do not need 5.1 & would suck if mixed that way. They sound perfect as they originally were.

The sizeable audience was great as well. They still respected the film & were quite a bunch. We all cheered when Mrs Voorhees got decapitated,also jumped & screamed at the right moments. That was surprising,despite seeing the film before,knowing whats coming. Once you get into the film & the soundmix takes over pulling your strings every which way. It still works beautifully.

My heart was pumping faster,tension/adreniline rising & even skipped a few beats at some jumpy scare moments. The audience even aplauded when the credits hit.

Fun times indeed I would love for the sequels to be revived,yet not many theaters do that sadly.

Oh yeah,also picked up the original poster at Sun Coast earlier in the evening for $8. Cool indeed

I can not wait for the dvd release next year. They better be the definitive uncut versions...& I will be a happy fan indeed!
Old 10-19-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
This was posted at the F13 board:

Just a heads up about the upcoming box set.
I just received word directly from John Carl Buechler that he will be recording a commentary track for The New Blood, and there will be behind-the-scenes footage, etc. He also said he is doing what "we can to reconstitute an uncut version of the film".
Hey, if you're gonna quote me, at least use the whole post

Cheers,
Erik
Old 10-20-03, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Hey, if you're gonna quote me, at least use the whole post

Cheers,
Erik
Hi!
When you first posted that info at the F13 board there was no "Cheers, Eric" at the bottom and I considered saying the info was from a F13 board member named PeteyWeatstraw, but I really didn't see what it would mean to anyone here, so I didn't bother. Later that post was edited to add one sentence ("Savini, Zito and now Buechler confirmed for commentaries. Groovy.") and the "Cheers, Eric". I didn't feel the information was pivotal enough to warrant my returning here and adjusting my post, but perhaps in my excitement over the information I made the wrong judgment. I will try my best to stay on top of these matters in the future.
Old 10-20-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
Hi!
When you first posted that info at the F13 board there was no "Cheers, Eric" at the bottom and I considered saying the info was from a F13 board member named PeteyWeatstraw, but I really didn't see what it would mean to anyone here, so I didn't bother. Later that post was edited to add one sentence ("Savini, Zito and now Buechler confirmed for commentaries. Groovy.") and the "Cheers, Eric". I didn't feel the information was pivotal enough to warrant my returning here and adjusting my post, but perhaps in my excitement over the information I made the wrong judgment. I will try my best to stay on top of these matters in the future.
It's there...my 'trademark' closing was in fact at the end of the post.
And nah, it's not a big deal at all, I was just messing with 'ya, anyway.

Not that it was a HUGE scoop, but I only like to post stuff like that when I get it straight from the horses mouth, and in this case the horse was John Carl Buechler. He's excited to be doing it, and I'm hoping they can get the footage cleaned up and re-editied into the film where it belongs. This would be an entirely different movie with the kills intact.

Cheers,
Erik