Reload this Page >

Friday The 13th Boxset

Community
Search

Friday The 13th Boxset

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just remembered something, not sure if I ever mentioned it in any of these threads here...
I was in a store that sells movie star photos and stuff, and they had a file of F13 promotional stills... one was a shot from part 3 of Rick and Chris talking to "crazy old man with the eye" in the woods. I think this scene, if filmed, would have come when Chris and Rick are walking back to the house and Chris hears a noise and turns around. It just cuts away from there. Will be interesting to see if that turns up as a deleted scene.
Old 09-28-03, 03:48 PM
Cool New Member

i had a dream that in the box set the only ones that were uncut were parts 1,4,and 8....yea weird huh
Old 09-28-03, 03:59 PM
Cool New Member

dude im sorry but i love 5.1 remixes.there are people that love the 5.1 remixes and the original mono..that is exactly what they should do..suspiria,the beyond,dead and buried,friday part 7,all the nightmares,children of the corn,day of the dead and countless otherr were so greatly enhanced with the 5.1 that i cant even begin to think of how i lived with the original video mono tracks.so they should include the 5.1 dd and the mono for the purists..plain and simple
Old 10-02-03, 12:25 AM

From Fangoria.com:

Paramount has a tentative September 2004 street date for its FRIDAY THE 13TH DVD boxed set. Efforts are currently underway to put together uncut versions of as many of the films as possible. Whether the new discs will also be available separately has yet to be determined—but let’s face it, are there any fans who’d want to own one who wouldn’t want to own them all?
Old 10-02-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that is my kind of news
Old 10-02-03, 12:41 AM

Only 11 months to go!
Old 10-02-03, 12:47 AM

Well I will try not to think about it so much..& hopefully can keep my Friday fix in check,as I'm really dieing to see at least some of the films again. Have'nt watched them in over 5 years avoiding the dvds, waiting for(hopeful) uncut versions.
Old 10-02-03, 12:57 AM

I hear some places have them on sale as cheap as 9.99 for Halloween, you should treat yourself to one!
Old 10-02-03, 01:05 AM

Yes the recent price drops are VERY tempting. Yet I'm broke & swore off ALL dvd purchases(Including Indy,Aliens & other must have releases) until my $$$$ situation improves.

Yet I could cheap & get at least part 6,as it's my all time favorite...but I may wait it out if possible.
Old 10-02-03, 01:10 AM

If you break down and have to get one, I would reccomend 3 as it looks like a different film in widescreen. There's so much more footage to see on the sides that I would consider it a special feature. Unless you don't care for 3....
Old 10-02-03, 01:14 AM

I love part 3 & did break down & pay the high price years ago to see it in widescreen,since none of them are available for rental sadly.

Besides that & the newest films. I have not seen the best ones in years! So i'm dieing to see the original & part 6 again. Yet one more year,I may be able to make it. Really wish these still came on cable to tide me over,lol.
Old 10-02-03, 01:17 AM

Part 1 also looks much better cleaned up and in widescreen. I will lead you into temptation.
Old 10-02-03, 01:20 AM

lol,don't tempt me or I just may break down & get them all.

Yet I am a big fan of the series,but have done my best to patiently wait it out. Yet it's now really getting to me..& the newest films are pretty weak compared to the originals. So i'm dieing for some real old school Jason.

Maybe,just maybe if my $$ situation picks up. I may buy a couple.
Old 10-02-03, 01:27 AM

If you have part 3 you may as well wait. The transfers are all nice but 3 is the biggest difference. I'll probably cut back on watching them sometime soon so I am really aching by the time the set comes.
Old 10-02-03, 01:40 AM

Well thats what I want to do as well. Make the set a huge surprise that was worth it. Who cares what extras they have. If the films are uncut,i'm happy

Really dieing to see part 6 & the hilariously bad part 5 uncensored. Part 7 as well,not that much without the extreme gore. Yet a decent sequel & the last 'old school' type before the series went all over the place & not for the better.
Old 10-02-03, 01:53 AM

1-4 & 7 are where my heart is. 5 is bad but fun. 6 is well made but doesn't have the 'elements' I like. 8 is just... off.
Uncut is very important to me (especially the hack job of 7) but I'm very interested in the extras also. To see a scene that was cut for the first time after all these years would be amazing. Having all the trailers and maybe TV spots would be wonderful too. I remember when 7 came out and I stayed up all night taping all of the TV spots- I believe there were 3 different ones. Then I watched them over and over. Would be great to see those again.
Old 10-08-03, 01:22 PM

from savini.com:

Tom has been contacted by the folks doing the new SE edition of the Friday the 13th DVD. They are setting up times and dates to record a commentary track. It may be a joint track with Sean Cunningham and Joe Zito. No release info yet, but the ball is rolling on this and we should see it in the near future.
Old 10-08-03, 02:43 PM

All right a commentary by Cunningham and Savini! That's awesome!

I loved the commentary on Night of the Living Dead by Savini and the commentary track on Last House on the Left by Cunningham. It's gonna be great!

It's funny because I met Savini last year and he didn't talk very much at all
Old 10-08-03, 04:02 PM

I'm another person who will pick this set up when it arrives...thanks for the hard work put forth by the die-hards of this franchise
Old 10-08-03, 05:30 PM

Now my only question is, for the original Friday the 13th, are they just going to port over the unrated Friday the 13th DVD they released overseas for R2, R3, and R4? Or are they going to start from scratch since that DVD is a Warner Bros release?
Old 10-09-03, 12:04 AM

The commentary on the R2 DVD is not scene specific, they are actually just running the full audio of the interviews they filmed for the Return To Crystal Lake doco. It's hosted by a fan who is having a F13 book published next year, called Crystal Lake Memories for which he has conducted interviews with a slew of people involved with all 11 films. So I would guess Paramount will most likely have a new one done.

Those interested in the book, keep an eye out here:

http://www.crystallakememories.com/
Old 10-09-03, 10:27 AM

I just hope the set doesn't retail for like 200.00.
Old 10-09-03, 10:31 AM

I think it should be around the same price as the Nighmare box set both have 8 dvd I know it doesn't mean anything but.
Old 10-09-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
The commentary on the R2 DVD is not scene specific, they are actually just running the full audio of the interviews they filmed for the Return To Crystal Lake doco. It's hosted by a fan who is having a F13 book published next year, called Crystal Lake Memories for which he has conducted interviews with a slew of people involved with all 11 films. So I would guess Paramount will most likely have a new one done.

Those interested in the book, keep an eye out here:

http://www.crystallakememories.com/
Just in case anyone didn't know, the 'fan' in question is dvdfile.com's Peter Bracke.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 10-13-03, 09:55 PM

This was posted at the F13 board:

Just a heads up about the upcoming box set.
I just received word directly from John Carl Buechler that he will be recording a commentary track for The New Blood, and there will be behind-the-scenes footage, etc. He also said he is doing what "we can to reconstitute an uncut version of the film".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.