Stupid T2:E Case!!!!

Community
Search

Stupid T2:E Case!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn. after reading the board regarding this malicious tin, i thought i would be prepared for the task at hand. carefully, i slit open the shrinkwrap to remove the amaray thru the top of the tin. after a slow process, i managed to slip it out of the tin....i thought i was good. then i noticed a big rip on the spine of my amaray. the rip penetrated the clear plastic and right into the paper sleeve! i have no idea whether the rip was created during the insertion process at the factory, or my removing it. but i was damned careful, so i really am wondering what is catching the plastic.

i will need to check with Artisan to see if they will also replace the paper sleeve. wonder what they meant about the "FIRST run of the metal tin". will they modify the tin's diameters a bit in current/future production runs? unless of course, the tins are indeed limited to one initial run.

Last edited by darmok; 06-03-03 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-03-03, 09:50 PM
Cool New Member

I count myself as one of the lucky ones. I had no problem with removing the case and putting it back on. I've done it 4 times now and have no problem what so ever with it. I did have to look through all the ones at Target to find one that wasn't beat up, bent, or twisted. I think I'll go buy a lotto ticket now, maybe I'm on a roll.
Old 06-03-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Mikecheck
I've done it 4 times now and have no problem what so ever with it.

Oh man, living on the edge! Your a brave soul to try it so many times. I did it once or twice and now it stays out of the metal case for good!
Old 06-03-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Had the same problems with the metal packaging; after taking the keepcase out, the spine was all ragged all the way done with some minor tears, but the art work is still intact.

It was difficult enough getting the thing out of the metal case, and seems like putting it back in is even a tougher chore (not that I plan on doing it).
Old 06-03-03, 10:45 PM

The only problem I had was getting it out, didn't rip or anything. After that I tried if a few more times just to see if its any harder to get out and it isn't. Overall i'm happy with it, though sucks for those of you who ruined your covers, spines, fingers, etc,etc.........
Old 06-03-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No DTS either
Old 06-03-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mikecheck
I count myself as one of the lucky ones. I had no problem with removing the case and putting it back on. I've done it 4 times now and have no problem what so ever with it. I did have to look through all the ones at Target to find one that wasn't beat up, bent, or twisted. I think I'll go buy a lotto ticket now, maybe I'm on a roll.
I think Artisan should hire you to take out all the cases out of the tins and resell.

Although the plastic on the spine was torn, it didn't tear the paper cover inside.

Last edited by jarofclay73; 06-04-03 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-03-03, 11:18 PM

wow guess i lucked out too, i didnt even know people were having this problem.

i got mine at Target, went home opened it, slid out the DVD fairly easily.

Cool case, I probably wont be watching this DVD much til i get a new computer. I just wanted it for High Definition. I only have a 1.8ghz and it ran really choppy, but it looked damn good!!
Old 06-03-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The keepcase slid right out of the tin.

Edited to make it less of an innuendo

Last edited by JoeyOhhhh; 06-03-03 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-03-03, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
Mine slid right out.

Alot of the posts in this thread sound like a thrashy novel or the script to a b-rated movie =)
Old 06-03-03, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
Alot of the posts in this thread sound like a thrashy novel or the script to a b-rated movie =)

Didn't even realize. It has been changed for the Rated G crowd
Old 06-04-03, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dgc
I think Artisan is working on a T2 Suicide Edition for next year. The sleeve will be welded to the case and lined with razor blades.
LMAO!!!!!

Old 06-04-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that would suck if someone got a copy that was easily removed from the tin, but still had a scratch. That would mean it was caused during packaging
Old 06-04-03, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think anyone that has waited this long to buy T2, or just HAD to have this version too deserves what they got.

Although, I'd gladly trade my 2-sided T2 Ultimate DVD for the 2-disk one. I hate having to flip it.
Old 06-04-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In all reality though, it is Artisan, did you really expect to be satisfied?

For every good thing this company does, they do 8 crappy things.
Old 06-04-03, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Snowmaker
I think anyone that has waited this long to buy T2, or just HAD to have this version too deserves what they got.

Although, I'd gladly trade my 2-sided T2 Ultimate DVD for the 2-disk one. I hate having to flip it.
That is the reason I purchased the new EE. I havent opened mine yet, still sealed in my rack. I have an adventure tonight planned to try to get it opened easily and safely.
Old 06-04-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by gkleinman
from ARTISAN:

In light of the many posts regarding packaging problems with the new Terminator 2: Extreme Edition DVD, Artisan Entertainment would like to inform your members that replacement plastic cases can be obtained by calling our Account Services hotline at 800.650.7099.

We are aware of the problems with the first-run of the metal O card packaging for T2 and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused your members. I ask that you please be so kind as to post this information and allow us to do our best to address the concerns of your members.
Has anyone called yet?

I'd appreciate a heads-up on the process since I'm still 50/50 about buying this. Knowing what their plan is would help me.
Old 06-04-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by REL77
That is the reason I purchased the new EE. I havent opened mine yet, still sealed in my rack. I have an adventure tonight planned to try to get it opened easily and safely.
It will be like the beginning of Raiders when Indy is trying to get the Idol... have to be very careful or a boulder might flatten you if you dont slip it out of the case just right...

I actually started watching it last night and it is great! The James Cameron commentary w/ Interactive mode on is a treat. Still need to finish that up and check out disc 2. So far, it is worth $14.99!!!
Old 06-04-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Count me in with the few people who didn't know there was a problem, except that my metal case has a very small scratch on the outside. I've slid the plastic case out of the metal case five times now and it's fine. I would have just left it out if I'd known that so many people were having problems. I guess I must have gotten one of the few undamaged cases.

Ebay, here I come: "Ultra-rare test-pressing OOP T2:UE Case." Of course, I'll just be selling the case, not the actual disc.
Old 06-04-03, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
For a moment I thought I was in the VD Talk forum.
Old 06-04-03, 11:34 AM

I called. They said they would send it out, but didn't say how long it would take. They did say that the replacement case would include the insert since mine was torn.
Old 06-04-03, 12:21 PM

I like the T2 DVD Case

I must be going against the grain, but I really like the case. I had no trouble with the inner case tearing and my case is in mint condition. Now that I am hearing about some of these trouble, I think my DVD case might have some long-term value as a collector's item.
Old 06-04-03, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking about getting this DVD at DDD for $15.95, but wasn't a big Terminator fan. AFter reading the comments here, I thought for sure I'd pass. But I saw it at Walmart yesterday for $14.88 and had to grab it up. Got home, opened it, no problems. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, too.
Old 06-04-03, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the case design is awsome looking, and was a good idea in theory. Making it tight was a good idea cause I know I hate how the UE slips out, but they just did it way to tight and didnt do enough product testing before it came out
Old 06-04-03, 02:04 PM

This DVD would work great with my new Ronco. "Extreme
Terminator 2 Extreme DVD opener".

HEHE

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.