Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

The Donte/Dante Frazier (ckleinhrc2) Fraud Thread

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

The Donte/Dante Frazier (ckleinhrc2) Fraud Thread

Old 06-17-02, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Frank_M
I've been following this thread, as many have. I'm thrilled you people caught him, and are getting your stuff back.

However, I believe that those of you who were taken by him should contact his university at least, and the police most likely.

The only thing he is sorry about is being caught. And if you let him go simply because he returned "your" merchandise... you're most likely allowing him to commit further acts of fraud on others in the future when he can learn from the mistakes he made here. Someone who does something like this isn't "scared straight" by being caught once.

Don't let him do this to others. Or at least do all you can to prevent it.
Hi Frank,

I'm surprised you think we've gone this long without them contacting my University. The University already knows and I've talked to them about it.

As for the police, that's truly up to the individual (though I think a few already have called them), and I've already done all I can to rectify the situation. I am sorry, even if you don't believe me, and I have learned not to do this again. I was a novice to "frauding" people and it's made my life nothing but miserable since I decided to go through with it. I'm going back to working for my money and paying for things the right way, that way my conscience won't kill me, and maybe my constant headaches will finally stop.
Old 06-17-02, 03:45 PM

Instead of Friends Season 1 and Oz Season 1 as promised...
or the Almost Famous Bootleg + $35 check I sent...

Today via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, I received Friends Season 1 (crease in box, but was previously disclosed) and a money order for $25.

Hoon Park
[email protected]
Old 06-17-02, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Hoonster
Instead of Friends Season 1 and Oz Season 1 as promised...
or the Almost Famous Bootleg + $35 check I sent...

Today via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, I received Friends Season 1 (crease in box, but was previously disclosed) and a money order for $25.

Hoon Park
[email protected]
You said that's what you wanted when I e-mailed you, though. Let me know if you didn't and we can work this out.
Old 06-17-02, 11:14 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Other than the above, what's outstanding?
Old 06-17-02, 11:26 PM

Mine is not outstanding. Friends 1 + $25 is what we agreed upon. I was just explaining the whole "transaction" (original deal, resolution, etc.). I'm "satisfied" with the end result.

Hoon Park
[email protected]
Old 06-17-02, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mao
Other than the above, what's outstanding?
Looks like we have yet to hear from Brett, Grimmly, and tomwarnock. If you like, Mao, you can unsticky this thread; or you can leave it up until all disputes are resolved, it's up to you...
Old 06-18-02, 01:39 AM

Ckleinhrc2,

How about an apology for accusing me of "harrassing" you when I questioned whether you really were selling the projector?

You lied about

1. your identity
2. living in Canada
3. having a brother in Chicago
4. owning a projector worth $2,000
5. the projector's warranty period
6. having an extra bulb for the projector
7. etc.....

AND NO APOLOGY??? JUST KEEP ON IGNORING ME????!!!!
Old 06-18-02, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jinjen
Ckleinhrc2,

How about an apology for accusing me of "harrassing" you when I questioned whether you really were selling the projector?

You lied about

1. your identity
2. living in Canada
7. etc.....

I'm Sorry
Old 06-18-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by diacritic

Looks like we have yet to hear from Brett, Grimmly, and tomwarnock. If you like, Mao, you can unsticky this thread; or you can leave it up until all disputes are resolved, it's up to you...

Oops...I had responded via email to several people, but forgot to post here as well. I got my DVDs back on Saturday. Though they were not packed as carefully as I had when I orginally sent them to Donte, they appear to be fine with no scratches. I also received and cashed the check for the $20 + $5 (my original shipping costs). So everything of mine has been returned.

While I am happy that Donte did make a superb effort in returning people's items quickly, I still feel that his actions cannot and should not go unpunished. While I have a feeling that Donte has learned his lesson and hopefully will never even attempt something like this again...I also strongly feel that if this sort of thing goes unpunished then what sort of message are we sending to those considering pulling a simmilar stunt. "Go ahead and steal our stuff, but if you get caught you had better mail it back."

When everything first started going down, I emailed DePaul about the situation, but I still have yet to hear back from anyone there. As of now I have no plans on pursuing legal action, but I would hope that the school would enforce some sort of justice. At the very least Donte should be put on Academic Probation and required to do some amount of community service hours and banned from trading on DVDTalk.

-Brett

Last edited by Brett; 06-18-02 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-18-02, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Brett

Oops...I had responded via email to several people, but forgot to post here as well. I got my DVDs back on Saturday. Though they were not packed as carefully as I had when I orginally sent them to Donte, they appear to be fine with no scratches. I also received and cashed the check for the $20 + $5 (my original shipping costs). So everything of mine has been returned.

While I am happy that Donte did make a superb effort in returning people's items quickly, I still feel that his actions cannot and should not go unpunished. While I have a feeling that Donte has learned his lesson and hopefully will never even attempt something like this again...I also strongly feel that if this sort of thing goes unpunished then what sort of message are we sending to those considering pulling a simmilar stunt. "Go ahead and steal our stuff, but if you get caught you had better mail it back."

When everything first started going down, I emailed DePaul about the situation, but I still have yet to hear back from anyone there. As of now I have no plans on pursuing legal action, but I would hope that the school would enforce some sort of justice. At the very least Donte should be put on Academic Probation and required to do some amount of community service hours and banned from trading on DVDTalk.

-Brett
Hey Brett,

The school got your e-mail and I have talked to them already. I guess they didn't feel the need to respond to you personally though. I've gotten a punishment but I'm not really allowed to tell you about it or talk about it much.
Old 06-19-02, 09:44 AM

Hi Mao & everyone else following this unfortunate thread,

I too have recieved the money order that was promised to me. My computer has been down since Sunday night and I got the m.o. on Monday. I'm glad this is resolved but can't help feeling violated. The amazing amount of trust required to make this trade forum work as smoothly as it does has definately been abused. I have traded here happily for over three years and this is by far the worst premeditated scam I've seen here. Oh sure the odd trader has "forgot" to ship right away, declared the condition of a dvd way to optimistically or been completely without manners or etiquette - this case is criminal to say the least.

The civility in which this was handled is a credit to us all. One can "forgive" this but I for one will never "forget" it. All of my steady trader-friends will go on being treated as fairly as I possibly can, to all others - bear with me and my nervousness.

diacritic - we all owe you a thank you for your part in rectifying this terrible situation, Thanks!

Donte - I'm at a loss for words, I don't like going on ranting tirades, all I know is you came clean (money-wise), integrity & trust cannot be bought though. You'd best stay away from trading as you've only hurt the foundation in which it built and works on.

Take care all ... Milt C ~ Grimmly (GOLD Trader)
Old 06-19-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I've gotten a punishment but I'm not really allowed to tell you about it or talk about it much."

To me, that means that they didn't do anything about it. Why would he not be allowed to talk about it? If anyone had direct contact with his college, I would follow up and demand to know what was done about it.
Old 06-19-02, 01:17 PM

""I've gotten a punishment but I'm not really allowed to tell you about it or talk about it much."

To me, that means that they didn't do anything about it. Why would he not be allowed to talk about it? If anyone had direct contact with his college, I would follow up and demand to know what was done about it."

I TOTALLY AGREE. Ckleinhrc2 IS LYING....AGAIN! HE IS JUST FOOLING YOU INTO NOT REPORTING THIS INCIDENT.

HEY JERK, GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT. MAN, YOU ARE SO DUMB. YOU JUST DUG YOUR OWN GRAVE....ONCE AGAIN!!!

"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jinjen
Ckleinhrc2,

You lied about

1. your identity
2. living in Canada
7. etc.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Sorry "

YOU CALL THAT AN APOLOGY???? JUST "I'M SORRY." WITH A SMILEY FACE?????

EVERYONE, DOES THIS SOUND SINCERE AT ALL????

I'M TELLING YOU, THIS JERK HAS NO REMORSE AT ALL. YOU ARE ALL BEING JERKED IF YOU DO. HE IS AGAIN TOYING WITH YOU GUYS.
Old 06-19-02, 04:22 PM
Banned

I doubt jinjen would accept any apology at all. He's done nothing but yelling throughout this entire thread. I said I'm sorry so I'm done talking to him.

And as for movieking, he seems to just want me burnt at the stake.

As for not telling you, maybe the university doesn't want their academic policies broadcast on the board? It's not like they don't know and they wouldn't have done anything, as reported earlier, they have been contacted and informed of the situation repeadtely, so saying I wouldn't talk about my punisment because I was "lying and trying to trick you into not reporting me" is about the stupidest thing ever said, jinjen. They've already been told about it repeatedly.

If you must know however, I have been placed on academic probation and my internet activity has been severly restricted. Hope you're happy now that you have the gory details.

Well, I've returned everything except for tomwarnock's stuff and that's because he sent me the wrong package and wants me to send it off to the correct buyer for him, so I'll be doing that as soon as I recieve it. Hopefully this thread will die now, though, since everything's been resolved.
Old 06-19-02, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by Ckleinhrc2
I doubt jinjen would accept any apology at all. He's done nothing but yelling throughout this entire thread. I said I'm sorry so I'm done talking to him.

And as for movieking, he seems to just want me burnt at the stake.

As for not telling you, maybe the university doesn't want their academic policies broadcast on the board? It's not like they don't know and they wouldn't have done anything, as reported earlier, they have been contacted and informed of the situation repeadtely, so saying I wouldn't talk about my punisment because I was "lying and trying to trick you into not reporting me" is about the stupidest thing ever said, jinjen. They've already been told about it repeatedly.

If you must know however, I have been placed on academic probation and my internet activity has been severly restricted. Hope you're happy now that you have the gory details.

Well, I've returned everything except for tomwarnock's stuff and that's because he sent me the wrong package and wants me to send it off to the correct buyer for him, so I'll be doing that as soon as I recieve it. Hopefully this thread will die now, though, since everything's been resolved.
SO WHERE IS MY $12???????
Old 06-20-02, 01:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CROM1

SO WHERE IS MY $12???????
In the mail. Sorry, should've emailed you about that.
Old 06-20-02, 06:11 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
So,

I guess Tom Warnock's is the only trade/sale that isn't yet satisfied, but I believe it's being worked on...

I'm going to officially close this thread!

Donte/Dante Frazier (Ckleinhrc2) is now listed in the "bad" trader's section of the GTL. He will be banned by the end of the day, since I don't believe his presence here is required or desired any longer...all those issues can be handled via e-mail.

Mr. Barish Ali is now an honorary Gold Trader!

Thank you, Barish, and all of you for your persistence and hard work bringing this matter to an end!