Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

The Donte/Dante Frazier (ckleinhrc2) Fraud Thread

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

The Donte/Dante Frazier (ckleinhrc2) Fraud Thread

Old 06-12-02, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Souljahh,

Well, Ckleinhrc2 has responded, but, at present, the only one who has received their money is from their own hand (so to speak). Ckleinhrc2 has said he has sent the money back, but no one has recieved it yet, only a tracking number (as given above). I'm hoping to give Ckleinhrc2 the benefit of the doubt, but am sceptical until i have either my check or cash in hand.
Old 06-12-02, 09:57 PM

And here's something else I dont get, he says he's leaving the state on saturday, and yet he just puts up a new new thread at anitrader.com where he has actaully completed a few decent trades and people trust him.
Old 06-12-02, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

God people like him disgust me. DVDave, I was just wondering about his responses. Maybe he's doing something more through email but if his posts in this thread are any indication, he has NO remorse whatsoever. I haven't been involved in any trades with him but from his posts in this thread, he's acting like he's a chain store simply giving refunds to people who have receipts. You know what I mean? It's weird how he's just like "Ok I'll send it back."
Old 06-12-02, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dante,

I am David Hanson.

I sent you

Good Will Hunting
"Clerks" - The Animated Series Uncensored (2000)
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
X-Men

was to be in exchange for Seven Samuri Criterion and Godfather box sets.

We agreed you received them on Monday morning, delivery confirmation was 03010120000923934382.

You did not reply to my email yesterday asking for an update. This morning you replied to a second email, writing,

"Dave,

Sorry, couldn't follow through on our deal. What's
your address so I can send back the packages?"

I sent you this address immediatley in a reply this morning, my email is [email protected] if you need to find it again . You did not reply to this email. I will expect a tracking number on that package tomorrow.

diacritic, thank you for organizing this thread. The response of the dvdtalk community should deter future incidents of this kind.
Old 06-12-02, 11:45 PM

Souljahh,

to be fair this is the email he sent me:

Hey Chris

0301 0120 0001 4423 2366 is your tracking number.
Sorry about this. Please let the others know that I
have sent you this. Thanks.

He did apologize. Of course, sorry he did it, and sorry he got caught are two entirely different things... . So long as everyone gets their stuff back, I won't waste my time trying to figure out which is the case.

Originally posted by Ckleinhrc2
drh4 [UNKNOWN]
Note: What did you send? Money? Dvds? Let me know.

Dante, how many other people did you swindle that made figuring out what Dave sent you so difficult?

Last edited by no_creativity; 06-12-02 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-13-02, 12:20 AM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm still reeling from the fact that I got no response to an e-mail regarding this matter that I sent to Donte/Dante. I'm amazed that he's continued a dialogue here!

By the way, I still have the e-mail that proves stolen identity.

Again, I applaud the efforts of those (especially diacritic) who've banded together and proven that you can't hide behind the anonymity of the Internet!
Old 06-13-02, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Souljahh
God people like him disgust me. DVDave, I was just wondering about his responses. Maybe he's doing something more through email but if his posts in this thread are any indication, he has NO remorse whatsoever. I haven't been involved in any trades with him but from his posts in this thread, he's acting like he's a chain store simply giving refunds to people who have receipts. You know what I mean? It's weird how he's just like "Ok I'll send it back."
I've apologized numerous times through e-mail.
Old 06-13-02, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally posted by drh4
Dante,

I am David Hanson.

I sent you

Good Will Hunting
"Clerks" - The Animated Series Uncensored (2000)
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
X-Men

was to be in exchange for Seven Samuri Criterion and Godfather box sets.

We agreed you received them on Monday morning, delivery confirmation was 03010120000923934382.

You did not reply to my email yesterday asking for an update. This morning you replied to a second email, writing,

"Dave,

Sorry, couldn't follow through on our deal. What's
your address so I can send back the packages?"

I sent you this address immediatley in a reply this morning, my email is [email protected] if you need to find it again . You did not reply to this email. I will expect a tracking number on that package tomorrow.

diacritic, thank you for organizing this thread. The response of the dvdtalk community should deter future incidents of this kind.
It'll be out in the morning with a tracking number.
Old 06-13-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi everyone:

To update, I mailed off these dvds and money today, aplogies if I don't know your forum name or get it wrong:

Brett Nolan
Chris Elco
Jon Scahffer
Van D (Mailed your money order back)

I also have numerous payments that I have not recieved, meaning you have time to cancel them, and you should, as I am not going to be living in this state as of Saturday and won't be able to personally send your money back unless it arrives before then:

This list is composed of:

Steven Kramzer
Peter A Oddo
Acid Trip/ Al Salinas
Hoonster

I've yet to mail off:
Mike Elliot

Grimmly did you cancel your money order yet? I need to know if I owe you anything.

Anyone else just let me know, Thanks.

I mailed you a $27 money order last week for Vanilla Sky & Ocean's Eleven (widescreen) and haven't received the DVD's yet. Were they ever sent???

LMK,

David
Old 06-13-02, 01:08 AM
Banned

Originally posted by amplified

I mailed you a $27 money order last week for Vanilla Sky & Ocean's Eleven (widescreen) and haven't received the DVD's yet. Were they ever sent???

LMK,

David
Your on my list to have Money Returned tomorrow.
Old 06-13-02, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Your on my list to have Money Returned tomorrow.

Please let me know when you ship it with delivery confirmation #

-David
Old 06-13-02, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've apologized numerous times through e-mail.
You've also apologized in this thread. But, does that free you from any wrongdoing? I know I'm being harsh but you've committed a few crimes here. Just because this is the Internet doesn't mean it's not the real world. The fact that you stole someone else's name and continued to solicit trades on another site shows that you never had any good intentions.

I know it sounds like I'm overreacting (and I wasn't even involved in any trades with you) but you're acting like apologizing expiates you from all wrongdoing. I know you know this but the crimes you've committed are pretty serious ones. I hope, for your own sake, you'll start acting like you realize that and take it to heart.
Old 06-13-02, 09:57 AM

I am an IDIOT! I just noticed this thread and realized that I shipped out Legally Blond and Urban Legend via USPS Priority mail on Tuesday to him in hopes of getting Frpom Hell and The Others. What a fool I am!!!
Old 06-13-02, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by tomwarnock
I am an IDIOT! I just noticed this thread and realized that I shipped out Legally Blond and Urban Legend via USPS Priority mail on Tuesday to him in hopes of getting Frpom Hell and The Others. What a fool I am!!!
Well, obviously I haven't recieved the discs yet. If they arrive I'll let you know and send them back.
Old 06-13-02, 10:38 AM
Banned

Well, to finish this off:

David Starkey - ($27 Money Order Mailed off today)
Delivery Confirmation: 0301 0120 0001 4422 9595

Peter Oddo - ($60 MO Mailed today)
Delivery Conf. - 0301 0120 0001 4422 9601

David Hanson DVDS and $3 shipping reimbursement
Delivery Conf. - 0301 0120 0001 4422 9618

Unaccounted for:
Tom Warnock
Hoon Park

and those two are only unaccounted for because their items haven't arrived yet. You guys might want to contact the PO and se about getting it returned as diacritic did. Otherwise I'll be on the lookout for it.

BTW, I'm not moving out of the state, I'm going on vacation. I do go to school so I'd have to be back. I won't "run off" with any of the goods that haven't been returned yet.
Old 06-13-02, 10:48 AM
Banned

I just wanted to say what I did was wrong and I admit that. I'm sorry for trying to rip you off.
Old 06-13-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just wanted to say what I did was wrong and I admit that. I'm sorry for trying to rip you off.

I may be in the minority here, but I do accept your apology as long as it's sincere. I'm glad you realize that what you did was very wrong and are trying to make amends for this serious incident. I'll let you know along with the rest of the forum when my $27 arrives and if this happens, I will not be pursuing any further action.

-David
Old 06-13-02, 11:48 AM

Just wnat to say thank you for the person who started this thread..

I still have a warm e-mail offfering Donte a bank money order for a couple of DVD's that, according to the messages, he already sold a number of times.

Thanks

Peter
Old 06-13-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Delivery Confirmation is finally reporting:

Your item was accepted at 3:39 pm on June 12 in CHICAGO IL 60614.

Donte,

If your bank account is truly wiped out, then what account did you write these reimbursement checks from? If and when I get the check it had better not bounce!

-Brett

Last edited by Brett; 06-13-02 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-13-02, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Brett
My Delivery Confirmation is finally reporting:

Your item was accepted at 3:39 pm on June 12 in CHICAGO IL 60614.

Donte,

If your bank account is truly wiped out, then what account did you write these reimbursement checks from? If and when I get the check it had better not bounce!

-Brett
It won't. From the beginning I meant that it was wiped out as of yesterday. I counted the checks I sent, too.
Old 06-13-02, 12:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been watching this thread from the beginning. Although I did not have a deal going with this person, I must say that I am appauled by his actions.

Do not forgive this guy. "I'm sorry for trying to rip you off." Whatever. This guy is supposedly smart, going to Depaul Univ. and all. I guess you can be smart and not have a conscious, until you get caught. Guess they should have asked him on his college entrance exam, "Are you a thief?"

If it wasn't for the hard work of "diacritic" this guy would be laughing at everyone here right now while he counted your money and dvds in his dorm room. Don't forget that.

I'm a Gold Trader here and I take that status seriously. Of late, it seems like every clown out ther is trying to exploit the Gold status to rip people off or gain "mail first" trust. This really pisses me off to no end! It's getting to the point now, that being a Gold Trader isn't even enough to gain trust. That's sad. What do we need now, a Super Gold Trader List?

This guy may have just stolen money and dvds from specific traders, but he has pissed on us all by helping to further destroy the trust that this site was built on. I know that Mao and the rest of us honest traders are doing beyond what it takes to keep that trust going, but then fools like this just come in and try to wreck it.

No forgiveness. No pity. It doesn't take a college degree to realize what this guy did when he plotted and carried out thieving through this site was wrong. And he's just realizing this NOW? Man, my friend's seven year old cousin knows stealing is wrong. I guess DePaul's letting anybody in now.

I hope everyone gets their stuff back and after that, this guy should be banned and every trading site that he is known to be involved with should be notified of this wanna-be thief's actions here.
Old 06-13-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Reddye5: Thanks for your comments. Just to clear things up, Ckleinhrc2 is not a gold trader; he just fooled everybody into believing he was one (including the moderator). His scam was well-researched and planned, but there is no way in hell that he can fool us all; he painted himself into a corner and is trying to escape through pity...

Ckleinhrc2: If your bank account is wiped out it is because it was wiped out before your elaborate plan. You are merely returning money that you stole, so there is no reason that you should be "wiped out." And do not for a moment forget that you are not the victim here: everybody at DVDTalk--not only the people you defrauded, but all members of this site, as well as the moderator of this forum, not to mention the founder of this wonderful site--are the victims. People like you try ruin the credibility of this forum, but it is still the best place on the Net to trade DVDs. As the body of members have shown, you cannot get away with this. And incidents like this will act only as deterrents against others who think they can scam us...
Old 06-13-02, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Reddye5
Hi Everyone,

I have been watching this thread from the beginning. Although I did not have a deal going with this person, I must say that I am appauled by his actions.

Do not forgive this guy. "I'm sorry for trying to rip you off." Whatever. This guy is supposedly smart, going to Depaul Univ. and all. I guess you can be smart and not have a conscious, until you get caught. Guess they should have asked him on his college entrance exam, "Are you a thief?"

If it wasn't for the hard work of "diacritic" this guy would be laughing at everyone here right now while he counted your money and dvds in his dorm room. Don't forget that.

I'm a Gold Trader here and I take that status seriously. Of late, it seems like every clown out ther is trying to exploit the Gold status to rip people off or gain "mail first" trust. This really pisses me off to no end! It's getting to the point now, that being a Gold Trader isn't even enough to gain trust. That's sad. What do we need now, a Super Gold Trader List?

This guy may have just stolen money and dvds from specific traders, but he has pissed on us all by helping to further destroy the trust that this site was built on. I know that Mao and the rest of us honest traders are doing beyond what it takes to keep that trust going, but then fools like this just come in and try to wreck it.

No forgiveness. No pity. It doesn't take a college degree to realize what this guy did when he plotted and carried out thieving through this site was wrong. And he's just realizing this NOW? Man, my friend's seven year old cousin knows stealing is wrong. I guess DePaul's letting anybody in now.

I hope everyone gets their stuff back and after that, this guy should be banned and every trading site that he is known to be involved with should be notified of this wanna-be thief's actions here.
Amen Jason.
Old 06-13-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BTW, I'm not moving out of the state, I'm going on vacation. I do go to school so I'd have to be back. I won't "run off" with any of the goods that haven't been returned yet.

It won't. From the beginning I meant that it was wiped out as of yesterday. I counted the checks I sent, too.

Did you factor in your Vacation as well, or is that what our stolen stuff was supposed to pay for. I can't believe that you really thought you'd get away with it. Let this be a lesson to others who might try a scam like this in the future. You WILL get caught, so don't even think about it.

I have to agree with Reddye5, I do not sense any real remorse from Donte, Greg or whatever your real name is. The only thing he is truly regretful for is that fact that he was caught and that he has to shell out some money of his own to send back the DVDs that he stole.

If you had not been caught when would it have ended? How much stuff would you have stolen? Did you really think we'd just sit around quietly waiting forever for our DVDs to show up? What you did was no accident, it took planning.

I am really upset and disappointed that someone could easily abuse so many people's trust.
Old 06-13-02, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think that the police should be notified, regardless if he sent things back or not. Tell the police what happened. He got caught, and that is the only reason that he gave things back. If you catch someone in your house stealing, do you let them go just because they apologize? I don't think so. He should get community service at the least, and it should be noted on his criminal record.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.