Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

The Donte/Dante Frazier (ckleinhrc2) Fraud Thread

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

The Donte/Dante Frazier (ckleinhrc2) Fraud Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-02, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
I still think that the police should be notified, regardless if he sent things back or not. Tell the police what happened. He got caught, and that is the only reason that he gave things back. If you catch someone in your house stealing, do you let them go just because they apologize? I don't think so. He should get community service at the least, and it should be noted on his criminal record.
Please! I beg you not to. I will do anything! I don't have a criminal record and one will ruin me for the rest of my life. I swear I will do anything. Please, I beg of you.
Old 06-13-02, 02:07 PM
Banned

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is the last message I'll be posting to this thread. I am truly sorry for what I've done. I hope that you can forgive me. I know there's nothing I can do to keep some of you from wanting me dead, so that's probably what you'll get. I've been contemplating ending my life since this all happened, and even before that. I don't ask for pity, because I know I'll recieve none. I'm going to return all of your things, rest assured. Then the cards will fall as they may. I thank those of you who won't call the authorities, as I will return and reimburse you fully for my folly. I beg for your forgiveness.

If you want to talk to me any further, please e-mail me, because I won't be visiting here anymore. Please block my account, Mao. I'm sorry.
Old 06-13-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ckleinhrc2

Please! I beg you not to. I will do anything! I don't have a criminal record and one will ruin me for the rest of my life. I swear I will do anything. Please, I beg of you.
Why dont you cancel your vacation and use the money to send each member you defrauded on this board a $25 Amazon GC for their time and effort in dealing with you.

All its going to take is on disgruntled member here who DOESNT care if they get their $10 DVD back, but would find justice in having your ass hauled in front of a judge for mail fraud and God knows how many other charges.

If you arent genuinely scared, you should be. You've wilfully defrauded a lot of good people here, all of whom so far are showing exceptional compassion in letting you simply return that which you stole. Maybe you should have sent back one DVD out of your collection with every returned order as a thank you for allowing you such an easy way out.
Old 06-13-02, 03:17 PM

Man, this guy needs some psychological help for his Life problems and his thieving problems. Threatening suicide is truly the most horrible thing I've ever seen posted here on this site.

It's hard for me to believe that this is not a pity tactic to be used to get more people not to report him. If that is true, he is the most pathetic person on the entire internet. If it's not true, then maybe he should postpone his "vacation" and see a professional psychiatrist.

Last edited by Reddye5; 06-13-02 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-13-02, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

fyi

finals at depaul will end on friday and i believe saturday is the last day for people to stay in the dorms. many people are already done with finals and relaxing at home.

the school wont release a persons home address to the public, only the police and other crime fighting organizations. if you feel it necessary, contact the school and the local police department.

area 3 police department
2452 w belmont ave
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/CommunityPolicing/CPDhome.html

www.depaul.edu
Old 06-13-02, 04:23 PM

Re: fyi

Originally posted by bmac_007
finals at depaul will end on friday and i believe saturday is the last day for people to stay in the dorms. many people are already done with finals and relaxing at home.

the school wont release a persons home address to the public, only the police and other crime fighting organizations. if you feel it necessary, contact the school and the local police department.

area 3 police department
2452 w belmont ave
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/CommunityPolicing/CPDhome.html

www.depaul.edu

thanks for the info
Old 06-13-02, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone got their money back yet?
Old 06-13-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by gusamo
Has anyone got their money back yet?
He sent out everyone's money and DVDs yesterday, with legitimate tracking numbers, so at this point we can only wait and see until the packages arrive.
Old 06-13-02, 05:54 PM

I REITERATE, THIS GUY IS NOT A PETTY THIEF.

HE PLANS OUT THOROUGHLY (WITH HIS LIMIT BRAIN FUNCTIONS, OF COURSE), PRE-MEDITATED, AND MALICIOUSLY.

IF I WERE TO EXAGGERATE BY COMPARING TO A MURDER CASE (OR MULTIPLE MURDERS IN THIS CASE), IT WOULD BE PRE-MEDITATED FIRST DEGREE MURDER(PUNISHABLE TO SEVERAL LIFE TERMS IN PRISON, OR EVEN THE DEATH PENALTY), NOT INVOLUNTARY MANSALUGHTER.

DON'T FOR A SECOND BELIEVE HE IS REMORSEFUL. EVEN THOUGH MY NATIVE TOUNGE IS NOT ENGLISH, I CAN'T SENSE AN OUNCE OF SINCERITY IN HIS SO-CALLED APOLOGIES.

HOW CAN HE HAVE THE NERVES TO SAY THAT HE IS GOING ON A VACATION AT THIS STAGE?????

REMEMBER, HE TRIED TO CON ME INTO BUYING A $2,000(NOT $1,000) PROJECTOR. IF I HAD TAKEN THE BAIT, HE WOULD HAVE TASTED THE BLOOD AND GO FOR MORE EXPENSIVE ITEMS.

THERE ARE A COUPLE OF OLD KOREAN PROVERBS:

"A NEEDLE THIEF WILL BECOME A COW THIEF."

" WHEN A MONK EXPERIENCES THE TASTE OF MEAT, ALL NEIGHBOR DOGS WILL DISAPPEAR."
(not to start another flame war, i have nothing against a monk. Korea is heavily influenced by bhuddisim, thus the use of the word, monk. and yes, SOME Koreans do eat dogs, a fact that i am not particularly fond of...but a fact.)
Old 06-13-02, 05:57 PM

no_creativity
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1) No one has had their stolen items returned yet. For all we know you could have sent us all "screw you" notes with tracking numbers. Heck, you're moving on Saturday to boot. Why should anyone trust you?
2) Your history: a) suspended from ebay b) mail fraud here and probably on HTF as well c) identity theft here (claiming to be ckleinhrc) d) trying to sell jinjen a projector for $1000
Geez, I thought the limit was 3 strikes, not 4????
3) Your attitude. It is becoming apparent you have no remorse or concern whatsoever except for covering your own butt.
I wasn't going to bring this up until after I validated that the tracking numbers were correct, but I was/am a little worried about getting either an empty envelope or a "screw you" note. Worse yet, a check that would bounce.

All its going to take is on disgruntled member here who DOESNT care if they get their $10 DVD back, but would find justice in having your ass hauled in front of a judge for mail fraud and God knows how many other charges.
I told him I'd file charges first, then drop them if I got a package overnighted to me, so we'll see. The way I figure, the time it take an overnight package to get to me would be around the time it takes the cops to get to him (probably moving). I really don't want to travel that distance to go to court to press charges against him, but I would just on principle of it. This ordeal is one great big hassle.

Thanks bmac_007 for the police information, I had only filed through the postmaster at present.
Old 06-13-02, 10:58 PM

what kills me is my boy is acting as if he's selling raffle tickets, no explanation about his reasoning or anything.
Jeez!
Old 06-14-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just received the Cowboy Bebop Box Set from Dante (he already cashed my check a week ago, and I preferred the DVDs rather than my money), so it looks like we will be getting our stuff back...
Old 06-14-02, 01:09 PM

I just recieved my X-files seasons 1 and 2 back from Dante. Looks like he is going to return everyone's dvds/money.
Old 06-14-02, 02:54 PM
Banned

Got a money order back today.
Old 06-14-02, 03:41 PM

cultdvds -

You got your original MO back (the one you sent)? or a new one that this guy bought to send to you?
Old 06-14-02, 04:52 PM
Banned

I got a different money order back. Ala, he bought one and mailed to me. He even through in an extra buck to cover my postage to him.
Old 06-14-02, 06:29 PM

recieved back the money order i sent him (it was endorsed in the back with his signature)
Old 06-14-02, 06:35 PM

CROM1 -

Any way you can make a scan of the signature, so that we can compare it to checks, MOs, anything else he might send back to us?
Old 06-14-02, 06:49 PM

Yes, I will be able to tommorrow
Old 06-14-02, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow! This thread, in two days, already has more views than the Exchange Forum Guidelines. If more traders (new traders, specifically) actually read that thread incidents like this would not happen . . .
Old 06-14-02, 11:39 PM

Got a money order today as well for my check amount plus a dollar I guess for postage. Good work diacritic. I wonder about dante though, don't know what his deal is, but i guess i won't follow up on charges against him as long as i can cash the money order.
Old 06-15-02, 10:44 PM

Got my DVDs and money order back today as well.
Old 06-16-02, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received the money order that I sent him, back Saturday as well.
Old 06-16-02, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my DVDs and the promised $3 shipping, priority mail, on Saturday.

Thank you Dante for remedying this, however belated lately.

And thanks again to diacritic and the rest of you.
Old 06-16-02, 09:16 PM

I've been following this thread, as many have. I'm thrilled you people caught him, and are getting your stuff back.

However, I believe that those of you who were taken by him should contact his university at least, and the police most likely.

The only thing he is sorry about is being caught. And if you let him go simply because he returned "your" merchandise... you're most likely allowing him to commit further acts of fraud on others in the future when he can learn from the mistakes he made here. Someone who does something like this isn't "scared straight" by being caught once.

Don't let him do this to others. Or at least do all you can to prevent it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.