Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part V

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part V

Default Account Offer: Buy One at Regular Price, Get Others for $7.95 each (plus shipping)

Just received email for 50% off DVDs, no other purchase necesary

Email Code: 20100222BestMemberT1

Promo Code: 20100222BMT1D
Old 02-22-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's what I got today in my e-mail:

DVD20100222DormantT2 BOGO (I don't know if it stacks with the 3 Blus for $60) Shipping is added for each item, so it's not that sweet of a deal.

DVD20100222DormantT1 Same as above.
Old 02-22-10, 02:54 PM

Oops
Old 02-22-10, 06:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Here's what I got today in my e-mail:

DVD20100222DormantT2 BOGO (I don't know if it stacks with the 3 Blus for $60) Shipping is added for each item, so it's not that sweet of a deal.

DVD20100222DormantT1 Same as above.
Does anyone know the promo code for this deal? I've tried different combinations, but can't get any to work.
Old 02-22-10, 06:55 PM

@erikthedude ... 20100222DT1D
Old 02-22-10, 07:25 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by wkkunkle
@erikthedude ... 20100222DT1D
Thanks. I was going to use it, but Blu-rays don't work as qualifiers.
Old 02-23-10, 09:47 AM

I'd love to be able to take advantage of this 20100222DT1D BOGO code along with the buy 3 BDs for $60, but no matter what combination I use to enter titles, it only allows for one free DVD, not 3 free. Anyone have a solution?
Old 02-23-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thewrite1
I'd love to be able to take advantage of this 20100222DT1D BOGO code along with the buy 3 BDs for $60, but no matter what combination I use to enter titles, it only allows for one free DVD, not 3 free. Anyone have a solution?
There is no solution. This code must be a standard BOGO code, not an unlimited BOGO. One freebie is all that you are going to get.
Old 02-23-10, 03:07 PM

Screw CH. I'm done playing these games of waiting weeks and weeks for good codes. The glory days of great deals appear to be long gone. BDs are getting cheaper by the day at most retailers while CH is making them more expensive. CH is obviously counting on uneducated, ignorant and lazy members to boost their bottom line by charging exorbitant prices for enrollments and fulfillments. Meanwhile, they're not even offering good modern movie enrollment titles anymore. It was fun while it lasted. But I'm getting out and staying out.
Old 02-23-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Yea, this is pretty ridiculous. It used to be a matter of waiting a few days to a week to get a new batch of sweet codes. Not happening any more.

I'm happy I completed my latest account obligations and can drop at any time.
Old 02-23-10, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by thewrite1
...CH is obviously counting on uneducated, ignorant and lazy members to boost their bottom line by charging exorbitant prices for enrollments and fulfillments...
This is how CH has *always* worked. They've just made things harder for those of us who cycle accounts quickly/regularly. While the average per selection cost has risen with the new design/rules/offer it's still possible to get titles cheaper than almost anywhere else... depending on what you want and if you're willing to wait. While I've not totally written them off... yet... it's still disappointing.
Old 02-23-10, 04:40 PM
Cool New Member

When i use the "20100222DT1D" code with the 3 BD for $60 I don't even get one free DVD. They all show up for $7 something. Am i doing something wrong?
Old 02-23-10, 06:16 PM

that code does'nt work for me either
Old 02-23-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
This is how CH has *always* worked.
Not really, not for Blu-ray.
It's going on a year now since they've had a BOGO for Blu-ray with free s/h without forcing you to buy dvds with it.
I've cut my CH spending way, WAY down to pretty much nothing, with the exception of cycling one account many months apart.
I am forced to get many dvds I do not want as enrollments, then again forced to buy dvds during a bogo and sell off all of the dvds just get a good price on a couple Blu-rays.
With the declining prices at the stores, CH is almost becoming obsolete for me... something I thought I'd never say.
Sad...
Old 02-23-10, 08:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forcing you to buy DVDs. lol
Old 02-23-10, 08:37 PM

just a heads up.... I was playing in my only remaining CH account.. no Directors selection requirment, so I'm putting in the above codes with some titles in the cart BOGO etc... deleted the code in the box. It defaulted to the buy one get rest for $7.95..... Whataya know ALL TITLES were $7.95. None were full price. so I bought 3 for $30 bucks and some change... including inglorious bastards and the new coen Bros.. Not a great price compared to my previous expections of ~5/title.. But it appears to be a new game at CH.. .so I pulled the trigger ..Price confirmed in email

Last edited by genesplicer; 02-23-10 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-23-10, 10:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by genesplicer
just a heads up.... I was playing in my only remaining CH account.. no Directors selection requirment, so I'm putting in the above codes with some titles in the cart BOGO etc... deleted the code in the box. It defaulted to the buy one get rest for $7.95..... Whataya know ALL TITLES were $7.95. None were full price. so I bought 3 for $30 bucks and some change... including inglorious bastards and the new coen Bros.. Not a great price compared to my previous expections of ~5/title.. But it appears to be a new game at CH.. .so I pulled the trigger ..Price confirmed in email
This only works with DVD's correct? (Buying a DVD or a Blu Ray at reg price will not bring other Blu Rays to $7.95?
Old 02-24-10, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by josbor11
This only works with DVD's correct? (Buying a DVD or a Blu Ray at reg price will not bring other Blu Rays to $7.95?
my selections were all DVDs below the $24.96 cut off price point for this offer. This was also 24 hrs ago.. And I was playing with offer codes reported here. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. trying one code than another?? probably entered different codes 5 or 6 times, and different items in the cart till I noticed $7.95 for all.. today however I can't get the BOGO to even stick. The banner comes up, but it's not reflected in the items in the cart..??
Old 02-24-10, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by genesplicer
my selections were all DVDs below the $24.96 cut off price point for this offer. This was also 24 hrs ago.. And I was playing with offer codes reported here. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. trying one code than another?? probably entered different codes 5 or 6 times, and different items in the cart till I noticed $7.95 for all.. today however I can't get the BOGO to even stick. The banner comes up, but it's not reflected in the items in the cart..??

Maybe try clearing the CH cookies?
Old 02-24-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inksketcher
It's a sad day when they start duping us with phony offers.
I just got an "anniversary offer" for BOGO (regular shipping apples).

I -- almost --- opened a new account earlier this year. Thank goodness I didn't. I would have had to fill w/o any good codes. With the exception of King of Queens set, I haven't ordered anything from them since Nov 08. Too many good deals at Big Lots, etc. I remember the days when nobody could touch a CH deal.
Old 02-24-10, 04:02 PM

Maybe after a couple months of lagging sales, CH will start to come around with some better codes. Of course I'm probably dreaming to think that the collective purchases of DVDTalk forum members amount to much in the scheme of things.
Old 02-24-10, 07:10 PM

Maybe after a couple months of lagging sales, CH will start to come around with some better codes. Of course I'm probably dreaming to think that the collective purchases of DVDTalk forum members amount to much in the scheme of things.

I'd bet that we are on the left side of the profitability bell curve, to boot.
Old 02-24-10, 07:41 PM

I have some hope for a return to the old days. Because it's not just the deal codes.. The sign-up enticement (3 for a buck each) which is now the only one available, is weaker than past default sign up offers, let alone the preferred ones we're use to. So they are also reducing the incentive for the more naive buyer, presumably their bread-and-butter. I'd expect they will see a drop in patronage in that group as well.
Old 02-24-10, 07:50 PM

Without the 7 free enrollment this new CH is not worth it, especially coupled with the new prices and format.

As far as CH folding or caring about sales...LOL...they have been a rough deal for the naive buyer for decades and they haven't folded yet.
Old 02-24-10, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by skidmark
I'd bet that we are on the left side of the profitability bell curve, to boot.
of course they make a profit even with (our) manipulation of codes, it costs about 25 cents to duplicate a CD...LOL

=o|

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.