Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Free S&H on SETS code (Exp 12/30)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SterlingBen, you don't get to pick ONE free dvd in January. They just send you a code for a standard B1G1 offer, which means you'll have to buy another dvd in January to get that free dvd.
Old 12-26-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
SterlingBen, you don't get to pick ONE free dvd in January. They just send you a code for a standard B1G1 offer, which means you'll have to buy another dvd in January to get that free dvd.
Ah, nuts
Old 12-26-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Ya know, I thought the exact same thing. That was until I read my invoice from my last purchase in Dec.. There was mention of a URL link in it for the free DVD - most llkely a URL with a link to a b1g1 offer code. We'll have to wait & see.
Old 12-26-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I think it is usually just one of the basic "B1G1, then take 50-60% off the rest" type codes. Also, I believe they are usually unique codes that cannot be used between accounts. Anyway, Jester's almost always got one of these B1G1 codes floating around so it's nothing to get too excited about (unless of course there happened to be a B1G1 drought during that time frame).

Place an order in December for any DVD and we'll give you a Free DVD when you make a DVD purchase online in January! We will send an email in early January that you can use to activate this bonus offer. A shipping and processing charge will be applied to the order with your Free DVD. This bonus offer is limited to one Free DVD per member.
Old 12-28-07, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally got around to taking advantage of this code.

Account 1:
Blade Runner briefcase for $47.37 and the account is finished.

Account 2:
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 1 and 2 for $23.97. Tomorrow I'll be ordering the Bourne collection to finish off this account. I'm just waiting because today is my birthday and someone is going to let me use their card tomorrow for Bourne as a present.

I love these free shipping on sets codes. I've been able to fulfill two accounts here that I just opened (11 days and 9 days), and got some sets I'd had my eye on at way better deals than anywhere else is offering. They really need to make a habit of putting these out.
Old 12-29-07, 12:39 PM

I got an email saying my box set (Quantum Leap S4) was out of stock and would ship as soon as it came in (unless they cancel it first). DD listed this as out-of-stock as well. Weird. Anyway, I'm going to be really PO'd if they cancel it!
Old 12-30-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a great occasion to take advantage of the Pedro Almodovar box set. It's only $21 (despite normal retail being over $100), and you're saving lots on shipping because it's 8-disc.