DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-05, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's great that you folks are getting creative accounts to work. After 3 attempts, I still haven't got one approved with the Star Trek sets.
Old 02-09-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mbs
I am wondering what I can do to obtain more than 2 simultaneous accounts. For example, if I have an enrollment shipped to my GF, can I still use my credit card? Or would it work if I used my same name and credit card, but used my work address (which hopefully our shipping department would be okay with)?
It's my understanding that you need to have 2 separate physical addresses and two separate physical credit cards. However, the credit cards can both be billed to the same address, but they must be different cards with a different name on each card. I'm currently doing this with my dad, and although both of our cards are billed to the same address (my dad's home), I am getting mine shipped to my college address and he is getting his shipped to home. Either way you are going to need two credit cards with two different names on them.
Old 02-09-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1
That's great that you folks are getting creative accounts to work. After 3 attempts, I still haven't got one approved with the Star Trek sets.
I've had two separate accounts approved and received with Star Trek: TOS sets included. I think your problem may have to do with something else, but not the sets themselves.
Old 02-09-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it best for us not to spread this around too much to avoid drawing any more attention to it? I see it being mentioned in other forums and sites now and wondered whether or not that is a good idea.
Old 02-09-05, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
Is it best for us not to spread this around too much to avoid drawing any more attention to it? I see it being mentioned in other forums and sites now and wondered whether or not that is a good idea.

Really? It shouldnt be too long now until this whole thing is dead.
Old 02-09-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bballing
Really? It shouldnt be too long now until this whole thing is dead.
People have mentioned it in other dvdtalk bargains threads (someone suggested in the 18 disc oscar collection thread to use this method), so I would assume its gotten out elsewhere. It's a pretty great deal, and I'm surprised we got this far with it.
Old 02-10-05, 08:25 AM

After you apply and get the "Thank you for your application" email, do they send you an email if you are not accepted?

I've been waiting a week and 6 days respectively on 2 applications and haven't gotten an email or a bank charge.
Old 02-10-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Hello Hello
After you apply and get the "Thank you for your application" email, do they send you an email if you are not accepted?

I've been waiting a week and 6 days respectively on 2 applications and haven't gotten an email or a bank charge.
No, they never send out rejection emails. They send them through regular mail, and it'll probably be a few weeks before it arrives. I'd go ahead and reapply if you've been waiting almost 2 weeks.
Old 02-10-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
People have mentioned it in other dvdtalk bargains threads (someone suggested in the 18 disc oscar collection thread to use this method), so I would assume its gotten out elsewhere. It's a pretty great deal, and I'm surprised we got this far with it.
I was surprised someone mentioned it in that thread also. I think people may get overzealous wanting to share it publicly like that which may only serve to hurt it for those that know where to look, and anyone that has interest in DVDs and bargains knows about the bargain forum and how often CH comes up in general to check this forum out anyway.

May only serve to hasten its demise but is nice to share also so I didn't know what might be best.

Last edited by abintra; 02-10-05 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-10-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
I was surprised someone mentioned it in that thread also. I think people may get overzealous wanting to share it publicly like that which may only serve to hurt it for those that know where to look, and anyone that has interest in DVDs and bargains knows about the bargain forum and how often CH comes up in general to check this forum out anyway.
I was the one who mentioned it in the other thread. It has nothing to do with being overzealous. I understand that you want to get the deal for yourself, and I agree that keeping it secret contributes to the deal's longevity. However, no one should feel entitled to it just because they read a particular thread. If a person in another forum asks for a deal on a specific DVD thinking that the best price around is $140, and I know that you can get it for $20, then I'm going to tell him. This is particularly true because he was looking for that particular DVD, whereas it is obvious that some people in this thread are just scooping up high-MSRP titles, many of which will likely end up on Ebay.
Old 02-10-05, 12:59 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by illennium
I was the one who mentioned it in the other thread. It has nothing to do with being overzealous. I understand that you want to get the deal for yourself, and I agree that keeping it secret contributes to the deal's longevity. However, no one should feel entitled to it just because they read a particular thread. If a person in another forum asks for a deal on a specific DVD thinking that the best price around is $140, and I know that you can get it for $20, then I'm going to tell him. This is particularly true because he was looking for that particular DVD, whereas it is obvious that some people in this thread are just scooping up high-MSRP titles, many of which will likely end up on Ebay.
Exactly. I'm trying to fill a few holes in my Star Trek collection, and told a few friends about it. I think there are way too many people looking to make a buck instead of letting others get a good deal on stuff they need.