DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/582101-big-lots-part-9-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

stevehey 12-17-10 09:43 PM

Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Fairless Hills,Pa. location has the above mentioned Comedy Central titles.Also found Friday the 13th Part VI Jason Lives Deluxe Edition ($5.) & Conan O'Brien 10th Anniversary Special / Best Of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog double feature ($6.).

Trenton,N.J. seemed to stock even more of the $10. batch.Including Woody Woodpecker Vol.2,Star Trek Q Collection.They also added a bunch of $3. discs including Black Sunday,Sliver (unrated)and I finally found a lone copy of Dollars.

DouglasRobert 12-18-10 02:37 AM

Found the following at the Bolingbrook store.

Jimmy Neutron titles $6 each
Body Shots $3.00
Happy Campers $3
Skulls 1 & 2 Double Feature $6
The Langoliers/The Stand/Golden Years set $6

Also found the 2-disc set of Babel, but they had floaters.

hasslein 12-18-10 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by CVB (Post 10549088)
Today in Orlando ( Bumby & E. Col - on shelves NOT pallets ), I spotted....

Battlestar Galactica - original version

The series? Or the film?

mr Articulate 12-18-10 11:59 AM

For those that got "Cheers" S3, s6, s7, or s9 at Big Lots, Family Video deal of the Day is "Cheers S1" for $10.99.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ce=stealmailer

Paul_SD 12-18-10 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by stevehey (Post 10549635)
... I finally found a lone copy of Dollars.

Same here. I had forgotten that these were showing up in BLs. The racks were swarmed with people yesterday, so I went to grab something else and when I turned around and looked back, a spot had been opened, and there was Dollars staring back at me. Couldn't believe it. Apart from certain TV sets, this was one of the titles I most wanted to find.

I know a lot of people are disappointed they went to $10 on the TV sets, but I think that's the only reason I was able to still find plenty of ones I was interested in- and $10 still handily beats any sale price on these I've ever seen.
I think the closest was when Amazon had some of the Hawaii 5-0 sets for $16.99.

Was thrilled to finally be able to get Wild Wild West (S3), Gunsmoke (S2 V1 & 2), and the animated Star Trek sets. Also picked up Hawaii 5-0 season 4.

I'm going to try to get back on Monday to go through the Paramount movie titles more thoroughly. With so many of those out of print, and no MOD program announced, those might become pricey to get in the future.

PopcornBandit 12-18-10 01:15 PM

I visited three Big Lots and didn't find The Sarah Silverman program but I did pick up S1 and S3 of Charmed for $10 each.

jimac51 12-18-10 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jigen75 (Post 10547383)
I saw a new 5.00 pallet. I was hoping the 5.00 waves were over. It had a lot of Comedy Central titles like Celebrity Roast of William Shatner and also other people. Also it had Comedy Central specials and movies. And some TV series sets including Dr. Katz season 2. There was also various seasons of a show with a fat kid in it but I don't remember the name.

Also there were some MTV ones mixed in. And regular movies were in there. I saw 2 versions of Witness with Harrison Ford. And lots of stuff that was 3.00 in the past. I didn't get anything. I am protesting against the 5.00 DVDs hahaha.

Two new pallets of 5 buck stuff,along with new $10 TV sets at the Allentown ,Pa. store. I did pick up a $5 Witness,WS,Special Collector's Edition,(but aren't they all)because it is a wife favorite. The I Love the '80s version looked like it was lacking extra documentary material. Against my better judgement,I also sprung $5 for Pete Kelly's Blues,a Jack Webb directed film with real jazz and Ella Fitzgerald & Peggy Lee. When will that happen GAIN? Also,the $10 stuff had the theatrical traveling show versions of The Animation Shows, Vol 1 & 2 boxed together,picked by Mike Judge & Don Hertzfeldt. Cartoon mavens,look out for this one;it ain't rated and it ain't for the kiddies. The Comedy Central stuff featured CC's TV Funhouse,another not for the kiddies item with a kiddie title. For $3,Hackman,Kistofferson(his first role?) and Karen Black,in Cisco Pike,a rarity. Another rarity,which I passed on for now,was Richard Attenborough's "Oh,What a Lovely War,for $5. I suspect that'll be around for a while;it's British,it's about WWI and it is anti-war-three strikes from the usual Big Lot customer.And finally,I've passed over this many time,but for my wife,again,a Tom Hanks double feature:A League of Our Own/Sleepless in Seattle,both WS,at $6. The 4/$10 sale is worthless because it's all old stuff that has been picked through. I see that the kiddie titles(Nick and sesame)are now $5,but even $3 is a lot for them.Most kids have no idea who the Nick characters are and the SS stuff is really short.
Extra note:Woody Woodpecker Vol. 2 shows up in the $10 boxes,but it can be had cheaper elsewhere(locally,Ollies for $6.99).

OmahaStar 12-18-10 03:36 PM

At the three here in Omaha, they had no JAG (the main thing I was looking for) or the original Battlestar Galactica. They DID have the spin-off Galactica 1980. They aren't the same series. I'm wondering if whoever saw it saw G1980 and thought it was the same. The collection is long out of print, and runs at least 60 bucks.

I did find all seven seasons of Star Trek Deep Space Nine, and five of the Voyager seasons, plus all of the "fan collections".

They had all the seasons of all three CSI shows, four or five of the Melrose Place seasons, at least as many of the Beverly Hills 90210.

I ended up picking up Police Squad and one I thought my mother would like.

rmw650 12-18-10 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by mr Articulate (Post 10550210)
For those that got "Cheers" S3, s6, s7, or s9 at Big Lots, Family Video deal of the Day is "Cheers S1" for $10.99.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ce=stealmailer

DecSave2 code for FamilyVideo.com orders = 2 bucks off the price until 12/20/2010

ryan458 12-18-10 04:01 PM

Be aware that the Sarah Silverman Program 2.2 seems to have an inordinant amount of floating discs. I have picked up 8 different copies at 3 different locations and they all had a loose disc no doubt getting scratched up sealed inside :(

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit (Post 10550311)
I visited three Big Lots and didn't find The Sarah Silverman program but I did pick up S1 and S3 of Charmed for $10 each.

bobwil54 12-18-10 04:21 PM

The store I went to today looked like they just put out a shipment of the $10 tv shows. I picked up Season 1 of the Guardian and Season 2 of Friday the 13th. I guess there reselling the BF sets at $10. The majority of the $10 shows were the same. If anybody needs Friday the 13th I have it fro trade.

ProfessorEcho 12-18-10 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by OmahaStar (Post 10550516)
I ended up picking up Police Squad and one I thought my mother would like.

Well, don't just leave us hanging there, dude, which one did you get for dear old Mom? You're a good son.:frankie:

byriver50 12-18-10 08:19 PM

Between teh stores in Rensselaer and Albany NY, they had JAG seasons 2, 4 and 6. Picking up 6 tomorrow in Rensselaer and checking the Troy store for Season 5. My father's obsessed with that show.

No sign of any new movies at either, but Troy seems a little ahead of the curve locally so I hope I hit paydirt there.

mr Articulate 12-18-10 08:28 PM

Went to a store today and they got a 2nd shipment of $10 trays - twice as much CSI, but the new trays also had
Voyager S3,
Rawhide S2.1,
Gomer Pyle S2,
Matlock S1,
Star Trek Fan's Choice - Time Travel,
Animation Celebration,
Charmed S1,
Mod Squad S2.1
and a few more. Plus lots of new $5 movies, but only new to me were - Python 2 and Born Yesterday.

thetao 12-18-10 09:42 PM

Lancaster finally got new stock, but it little of it looked new. I notice the genre titles more than others, and there were more copies of Ice Pirates, more copies of Jabberwocky, etc. I did note Salem's Lot and a bunch of copies of Missionary Man (Dolph Lundgren), but nothing really jumped out for me. And no copies of To Catch a Thief (2xDVD), unless somebody else got them first.

In other news, Lancaster now has MORE $6 TV sets than they did the last time I visited. It's just the same old stuff (Twin Peaks S2, Star Trek: Borg collection, Love Boat S1 V1, Joan of Arcadia S1, etc.) but the quantities are up. But they did have multiple copies of CSI:NY S4 for $6, which looked to be new. Not sure if they had more hiding somewhere, processed a massive return, or received some $10 sets with the wrong price stickers...

thetao 12-18-10 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 10550663)
Well, don't just leave us hanging there, dude, which one did you get for dear old Mom? You're a good son.:frankie:

Maybe it's a present and she reads this thread, too? :lol:

Liquid Death 12-19-10 12:58 AM

Picked up Crank Yankers S1 and S2.1 today for $5 each. Saw quite a few Comedy Central shows on DVD for $5, but thought that was a bit much for 1 hr of content. And all the TV show sets were $10, except Indecision 2004, which was $6.

CVB 12-19-10 09:51 AM

To Hasslein,

QUOTE: "The series? Or the film?"

I think it had "Galactica 1980" on the cover... so I checked some online stores for pictures and info, and it seems it may be the final season of the show... But I never watched the show or movie, So I'm not sure "what's - what".... hope that helps, even a little...

DouglasRobert 12-19-10 11:34 AM

Saw these for $3 each

Oh! What a Lovely War
Loaded Weapon 1
Sliver: Unrated
The Stupids
Heights
All the Pretty Horses
Snow Academy
Beavis & Butthead movie

ProfessorEcho 12-19-10 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by thetao (Post 10550907)
Maybe it's a present and she reads this thread, too? :lol:

You're right, I hadn't thought of that! I'm just always curious (nosy?) as to what everybody is picking up.

twa2 12-19-10 11:45 AM

Checked several local stores yesterday and none had the new Comedy Central assortment (wanted Crank Yankers and TV Funhouse). But I did grab Father of the Pride with a $6 tag that rang up as $5!

Cardsfan111 12-19-10 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by twa2 (Post 10551446)
But I did grab Father of the Pride with a $6 tag that rang up as $5!

I stopped in a store over the weekend and saw copies of this in the $6 batch of DVDs and the newer $5 batch of DVDs.

And I know it was mentioned, but there were multiple copies of the Friday the 13th VI: Deluxe Edition in the latest $5 assortment. Strange since I personally had only seen V, VII and VIII in the ones put out previously.

bigjim25 12-19-10 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by twa2 (Post 10551446)
Checked several local stores yesterday and none had the new Comedy Central assortment (wanted Crank Yankers and TV Funhouse). But I did grab Father of the Pride with a $6 tag that rang up as $5!

The $6 titles are $5 this week in the new ad.

yellahoosh 12-19-10 01:53 PM

No "To Catch a Thief" 2-disc around here but did pick up Police Squad! for $10 (only copy).

That'sAllFolks 12-19-10 02:25 PM

Picked up:
Dr. Katz S1 and S2 (which are going back since there is a complete series and these are the only standalone season releases)
Lipstick Jungle S1 (between Target and BL - got the whole series for around 11 bucks.)
Dollars
Petulia
Butterflies Are Free
Once Upon A Time in Mexico Superbit
Salem's Lot
Rachel Rachel
Shiri (total blind buy)

Got everything I wanted except It takes a Thief CC. Maybe later.

Lots of Comedy Central titles, but didn't recognize most of them and $6 is way too much for a blind buy for one or two disc.

Does the 4/10 go through today?