DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/582101-big-lots-part-9-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

schbee 01-22-11 02:50 PM

Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase (Post 10599647)

Went today and you can use the 20% off along with the 2/$5 or 2/$9.....so they were $2 and $3.60 each

Torchur317 01-22-11 03:40 PM

Picked up CSI season 4 & Stella with the 20% coupon today.

rmw650 01-22-11 04:06 PM

Niles store...same old junk...Cannon and Untouchables S1 V2 each, Mork S3, jericho S1, Twin Peaks S2, Mind of menica and 7th Heaven S3 to name a few and Crossing Jordan S1

kenbenobi 01-22-11 08:46 PM

It was nice to combine the sale with the 20% coupon today. Too bad it was the last day of the sale...

magnusweb7 01-22-11 09:54 PM

Picked up CSI Season 1-4 :)

newginafets 01-23-11 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10602921)
It was nice to combine the sale with the 20% coupon today. Too bad it was the last day of the sale...

Isnt it until jan 30th?

Jalenn 01-23-11 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by newginafets (Post 10603374)
Isnt it until jan 30th?

I think Benobi meant that yesterday was the last day of the 2/5 or 2/9 dvd sale. Yesterday you could combine the 20% off with that 2fer promotion for extra savings.

I hit up BL hoping to find some Gunsmoke and Star Trek but in the Glen Burnie, Greenbelt, and Columbia, MD stores, had to settle for Gunsmoke S2V1 (already bought this two weeks ago, but paid $10 then. Seems to be the only one available around here), Exo-Squad S1 (loved this show as a tween; basically American anime with a Babylon 5/Space Above And Beyond vibe to it), Gunfight at the OK Corral (I'm really into Westerns lately), Twin Peaks S2 (found a $6 copy, figured what the hey), Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, The Company, some movie called Tortured (what can I say, I kind of love Cole Hauser), and Dr. Katz Professional Therapist S1 and S2.

Also spotted:
My Kid Could Paint That
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (the black hard case collectors edition)
Upright Citizens Brigade S1
Lipstick Jungle S1
MacGuyver S4
90210 (not sure what season)
Dave's World Season 1
7th Heaven S5
Caroline in the City (multiple seasons)
To Catch a Thief (non-Centennial Collection)
Crossing Jordan S1
CSI: NY S2
Kate&Alie S1
Petticoat Junction (not sure what season)
ST: TOS Errand of Mercy/City on the Edge of Forever
Crank Yankers (various seasons)
The Animation Show
The Daily Show: Indecision 2004
Backbeat (part of a two pack with a movie starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and one of the Baldwins)
Robin and the Seven Hoods

kenbenobi 01-23-11 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jalenn (Post 10603394)
I think Benobi meant that yesterday was the last day of the 2/5 or 2/9 dvd sale. Yesterday you could combine the 20% off with that 2fer promotion for extra savings.

Correct. It should also be noted for future reference that you do NOT have to buy even pairs of two. Once you buy 2, each additional title rings up at the sale price. For instance, you could be 3 titles and get them for $2.50 each (before coupon)

ProfessorEcho 01-23-11 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 10602577)
Niles store...same old junk...Cannon and Untouchables S1 V2 each, Mork S3, jericho S1, Twin Peaks S2, Mind of menica and 7th Heaven S3 to name a few and Crossing Jordan S1

RMW, any new movies or just the same months old nothing?

rmw650 01-23-11 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 10603633)
RMW, any new movies or just the same months old nothing?

ECHO, don't even waste your time or gas to go there, just the same old crappy movies and Sesame Street junk that they haven't been able to get rid of for three months now. Trying to find out what's available at the Diversey Avenue and Wood Dale ones. Let me know if you beat me to the punch on those other two locations. I wish the Niles store would get some new ones in.

Drake 01-23-11 04:03 PM

Stopped by the Attleboro MA. store was looking for a new Paramount batch ,but nothing doing. I think they are going to have a hard time time unloading these,it's the same old titles that have been seen for at least the last 6 months.

byriver50 01-23-11 08:07 PM

Some of the Paramount titles drifted into the Albany NY store....stressing the word some.

Saw This Property is Condemned and picked up "Election," which I'd previously only seen there as part of a two-pack with "You Can Count on Me."

Ishouldknowbetter 01-23-11 09:00 PM

Went to Big Lots in Lynne, MA. There haven't been too many TV sets in MA. Seems like they were all there. Picked up:

Star Trek Fan Collective Borg (more there)
Star Trek Fan Collective Q took the last one.
Star Trek Animated (still a couple left)

and

Danger Mouse Season 3/4 (hadn't seen this one posted), $9

Other things I saw were:

Star Trek Voyager Season 3
Wild Wild West Season 3
Love Boat Season 1?
bunch of Cheers, CSI's, Gunsmoke's, etc.

The TV sets there were not with the other DVD's rather they were on an End Cap to the left (while facing) the cash registers.

In the Danvers, MA store there were a ton of Mr. Bean Animated Series?? Gomer Pyles, Sabrina the teen age witch and Caroline in the City's

I was tempted by "Ice Pirates", it's sooo bad. I just remember watching it many times on HBO.

JAYARE 01-23-11 09:22 PM

finally found my kid could paint that today

seans515 01-23-11 10:29 PM

Yesterday i got the double dip

Detonator 1 & 2 $4.80
Men of Honor (widescreen) $2.00
They died with their boots on $2.00
Lonestar $3.60
Mogambo $3.60

MooMooMooMoo 01-24-11 01:33 AM

I have a 20% buzz club that expires Tuesday (not sure if that means good through Monday or good through Tuesday??). I hope they get something I want QUICK!

bse 01-24-11 03:30 AM

our local store hasn't got anything new in weeks, i did find a copy of Woody Allen's excellent "Anything Else"

Whit9999 01-24-11 07:03 AM

Found and picked up The Best of Arliss yesterday for $6. The series and its celebrity cameos are becoming dated, but I remember it being likable and a reasonably funny sit-com. Nice packaging too.

Jalenn 01-24-11 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ishouldknowbetter (Post 10604865)
Went to Big Lots in Lynne, MA. There haven't been too many TV sets in MA. Seems like they were all there.

The TV sets there were not with the other DVD's rather they were on an End Cap to the left (while facing) the cash registers.

Well, hope springs eternal then! I have been on the hunt through my local BLs for more Gunsmoke, and the animated Trek, so if tv sets are still trickling into stores they haven't been in before, I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the tip to keep a look out for special end caps.

kenbenobi 01-24-11 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 10605201)
I have a 20% buzz club that expires Tuesday (not sure if that means good through Monday or good through Tuesday??). I hope they get something I want QUICK!

That sucks. You can't combine the 20% buzz club reward discount with the 20% coupon, so you basically lost your hard earned 20% discount...

mike07 01-24-11 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10605502)
That sucks. You can't combine the 20% buzz club reward discount with the 20% coupon, so you basically lost your hard earned 20% discount...

I know the fine print says this, but during the last "Discount Days," they combined the coupon with my rewards discount (before even asking me!). So if you play your cards right, you could get 40% off (unless they fixed that glitch)...

ryan458 01-24-11 02:03 PM

I just saw that the 10 or so Animation Show sets that disappeared from the Kentwood,Michigan store in one fell swoop reappeared. I asked the manager about it and he said one guy brought them all back. So it is still possible for resellers to return unsold stock.
I am still hoping for J*A*G s5 and s6 to show up. Has anyone seen either those or Mork and Mindy s1 recently?
thanks

Jalenn 01-24-11 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ryan458 (Post 10605952)
I am still hoping for J*A*G s5 and s6 to show up. Has anyone seen either those or Mork and Mindy s1 recently?

I saw Mork & Mindy S1 while I was checking out another MD store yesterday evening. But only a couple, if memory serves.

Shawerma 01-24-11 04:13 PM

does anyone know where in LA i can find the Streets of San Francisco s1 v2 and mork and mindy s3. Thanks

That'sAllFolks 01-25-11 08:25 AM

Family Video "Steal of the Day" 01-25-2011
Starsky & Hutch - The Complete First Season 5-Disc Set DVD $6.99

I think postage is still 1.99. Don't know about any coupons.

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ce=stealmailer