Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) deepdiscount.com 25% off sale June 4th - June 20th

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: deepdiscount.com 25% off sale June 4th - June 20th

My Terminator Salvation BD shipped yesterday and today Screwballs BD and Hardbodies collection shipped. I'm satisfied with this sale so far. But its been a long time in between great sales from DD.
Old 06-15-10, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg.
Their shipping makes me laugh. I made two small orders, one on the 3rd, and one on the 4th. They both shipped on the next respective days. The first order arrived on the 7th (crazy fast shipping to my delight), but the second order still hasn't arrived. It's currently in the window for when it's supposed to be here so I'm not worried, but wow. How does that even work that something can arrive so quickly, and another can take freaking forever?
DD (or any retailer) has no control over media mail. It's essentially shipped on a standby basis, where the Post Office adds media mail to existing shipments based on capacity. So, if your order is picked up at the "right" time and there's room on the next shipment, and the people at the local Post Office have time to load it, it goes out right away. If your order is picked up at the "wrong" time, it sits in the post office for a while as they ship priority items and first class mail more quickly.
Old 06-15-10, 10:07 PM
Cool New Member

Does anybody know whether these triple features are with extras?

Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice/Shampoo/Eyes of Laura Mars [3 Discs] 11.04
Flawless/quid Pro Quo/boarding Gate 11.03
Sylvester Stallone Triple Feature 5.09

And if anybody is interested, The Big Lebowski [10th Anniversary Edition] [2 Discs] [Limited Edition Collectible Bowling Ball Package) is 17.65.

Thank you!
Old 06-15-10, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by movieprince
And if anybody is interested, The Big Lebowski [10th Anniversary Edition] [2 Discs] [Limited Edition Collectible Bowling Ball Package) is 17.65.
Great deal, although I have to question the "limited" moniker, as this has been out for almost 2 years now. (2 years past the "10th anniversary" it was created for.)
Old 06-16-10, 10:12 AM

And, finally, my second and last order for this summer sale

DVD : DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER-BEST $ 9.28 In-stock
DVD : DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER-BEST $ 11.60 In-stock
DVD : DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER-TO SE $ 9.28 In-stock
Old 06-16-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Just got my 1st shipment yesterday. It arrived roughly 6 days after it shipped.

I still have a few backordered items that have yet to ship.
Old 06-16-10, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

This is the last time I buy from DD. I purchased Season 7 of "Seinfeld" for $19.xx and while the box it shipped in was fine, the set itself looked like it was beat up with a bat or something. Every corner is dented, there's a scratch on the front and a few on the back. Since it was under $20 and the DVDs were still in the hubs, I'll keep it (not worth paying to ship it back and buy it elsewhere where it'll be a little more expensive), but I'm really disappointed.
Old 06-16-10, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
This is the last time I buy from DD. I purchased Season 7 of "Seinfeld" for $19.xx and while the box it shipped in was fine, the set itself looked like it was beat up with a bat or something. Every corner is dented, there's a scratch on the front and a few on the back. Since it was under $20 and the DVDs were still in the hubs, I'll keep it (not worth paying to ship it back and buy it elsewhere where it'll be a little more expensive), but I'm really disappointed.
2 years ago I bought a couple of the WB Film Noir boxes from DD and the slipcover on Vol. 2 was all chewed up. It was kinda funny like a dog had his way with it (or a hungry employee).
The cases were fine and of course the DVDs, BUT I always thought it was strange they would send something like that out ????
Old 06-16-10, 04:34 PM

Anyone know how long it takes for pending transactions in Paypal to reverse charges on items cancelled? I have been told anywhere from 24 to 72 hours and am now on day 3 and still nothing. I had two Paypal transactions I called and canceled. Help. Thanks
Old 06-17-10, 07:11 AM

I just received my BANDAi Order from DD today

Unfortunately i have a problem with the first DVD of Clamp School Detectives. On the backside is some kind of glue or other material and i cant watch the dvd properly.

What should i do now? Contact DD about the problem? They dont have it in stock anymore
Old 06-17-10, 07:33 AM
Banned

Bah! My order from the 9th and others before (including backorders) have already arrived, but the single item I ordered on the 10th still hasn't shipped. It's listed as in-stock, the order is listed as open. I don't get it. It's been a goddamn week and it hasn't shipped? Their shipping is slow enough without inexplicable processing delays. All I ordered was the Roast of Dennis Leary.
Old 06-17-10, 07:37 AM

Their website is all messed up.. items marked 'in stock' are really on order.. items in your order history may be marked 'backordered' , 'canceled' etc .. almost arbitrarily. I called and spoke to an operator and everything is as it should be on their side - but from what I can see via their webpage it's a giant clusterfuck.
Old 06-17-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Found a few more deals. Picked up PBS video - Texas Ranch House and Colonial House for around $25 each. These sets usually go for $40 bucks on Amazon.
Old 06-17-10, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by RockJack
I just received my BANDAi Order from DD today

Unfortunately i have a problem with the first DVD of Clamp School Detectives. On the backside is some kind of glue or other material and i cant watch the dvd properly.

What should i do now? Contact DD about the problem? They dont have it in stock anymore
I localized the problem. I scanned the DVD with Nero CD/DVD Speed and the scan stopped at 1300MB (i think there is this glue/dirt thing) and it should be between Episode 4 and 5.

On the 6th minute of Episode 5 Part A the dvd/anime freezes and i cant watch it anymore.

I wrote an email to deepdiscount asking for a replacement. I dont know if i have to send the defective DVD (or whole boxset) back to them (i am an international customer).
Old 06-17-10, 11:44 AM

Those W.C Fields Comedy Collections are tempting for $34 each. They've been stubbornly high priced over the years... it's been awhile since I've seen them much lower and they're often $40+.
Old 06-17-10, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdf8585
Those W.C Fields Comedy Collections are tempting for $34 each. They've been stubbornly high priced over the years... it's been awhile since I've seen them much lower and they're often $40+.
If you're region-free, it's much more cost-effective to get the big R2 box:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_os_product

I bought it last August when it cost 12 pounds.
Old 06-17-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DD's website is a pile of garbage and I even suggested to them to rework and re-design the entire website, but who knows what they'll do with it. It's just awful to surf that site.
Old 06-18-10, 02:56 AM

Wow. I just placed an order at DD and when I came to the $10 cash back screen, I wasn't given an option to skip it. Very odd. There's usually a link to move on. Maybe it's a glitch.
Old 06-18-10, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
DD's website is a pile of garbage and I even suggested to them to rework and re-design the entire website, but who knows what they'll do with it. It's just awful to surf that site.
um... they just re-designed it a few months ago

Originally Posted by RockJack
I localized the problem. I scanned the DVD with Nero CD/DVD Speed and the scan stopped at 1300MB (i think there is this glue/dirt thing) and it should be between Episode 4 and 5.

On the 6th minute of Episode 5 Part A the dvd/anime freezes and i cant watch it anymore.

I wrote an email to deepdiscount asking for a replacement. I dont know if i have to send the defective DVD (or whole boxset) back to them (i am an international customer).
sorry to read that rj from my experience, dd customer service typically does not exactly do exchanges. they ask you to return any items with a prepaid mailer (in your case, i dont think so though ug). after they receive it, they credit you in whatever form of payment you originally paid. then they place another order for you for the returned item. if they dont have it available, no new order will be placed i guess.
Old 06-18-10, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pizza
Wow. I just placed an order at DD and when I came to the $10 cash back screen, I wasn't given an option to skip it. Very odd. There's usually a link to move on. Maybe it's a glitch.
It's further down the page now as a small text link below the form they want you to fill out. Says something like "No Thanks".
Old 06-18-10, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
It's further down the page now as a small text link below the form they want you to fill out. Says something like "No Thanks".
That option wasn't there this time. I looked. Like I said, it was probably a glitch or the page didn't load in right. My order went through fine, so all is good.
Old 06-18-10, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pizza
That option wasn't there this time. I looked. Like I said, it was probably a glitch or the page didn't load in right. My order went through fine, so all is good.
I occasionally have the same problem at random points in the order process. Sometimes there is no button to confirm my shipping addy, my payment method, etc. sometimes i get no order confirmation page, but an email appears showing the order. Now i see it as the DD version of a one armed bandit. "what button will appear or not appear...wait...wait...YES the confirm payment button..."

Still not sure if it is a "me and my computer" problem, or a "them and their wonky site" issue.
Old 06-18-10, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hindolio
um... they just re-designed it a few months ago
And now it's much worse.
Old 06-18-10, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
sorry to read that rj from my experience, dd customer service typically does not exactly do exchanges. they ask you to return any items with a prepaid mailer (in your case, i dont think so though ug). after they receive it, they credit you in whatever form of payment you originally paid. then they place another order for you for the returned item. if they dont have it available, no new order will be placed i guess.
I got a reply to my replacement request via email. They told me to keep and discard the DVD Boxset because a return is too expensive (i am an internation customer from germany). They placed a new order for that item and because its currently not in stock and on backorder, they will ship it when its back in stock again.

Very, very nice customer service. Like Amazon.com
Old 06-18-10, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is odd.

I got a shipped email for TCM 2 on June 11th, but when I check my order history on the site it lists the order as still open and now it is backordered (it was in-stock when I ordered it).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.