Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) deepdiscount.com 25% off sale June 4th - June 20th

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-10, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: (DEAD) deepdiscount.com 25% off sale June 4th - June 20th

Unfortunately i have a problem with my "Karin: Complete Series" and the DVD 1 of the set.

First i couldnt watch Episodes 3 and 4 and i wrote an email to Deepdiscount asking for a replacement DVD. Then i tried cleaning the dvd with a microfibre cloth and it magically worked and my dvd player could play back Episodes 3 and 4. I wrote a second email and asking for ignoring my replacement request.

Today i wanted to watch the whole series and i started watching DVD 1 again and this time the dvd player couldnt play back Episodes 3 and 4 AGAIN. I really dunno whats going on and i wrote a third email to Deepdiscount asking for a replacement for DVD 1.

I didnt get any reply yet and i feel pretty bad because i requested so much and didnt check the dvd properly first.

I hope they didnt ban me yet because of the replacement request (my second one).

Last edited by RockJack; 07-06-10 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-06-10, 04:33 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by marald
I don't know if it's like this for other people but for some reason the DD packages that take me the longest to receive are single dvds being mailed in the clear plastic shell? inside the white cellophane wrap. They always take around 2 weeks to get. I'm only 350 miles away. I get boxes from there in 3-4 days. I think they probably do just sit around for a while in the warehouse after their packed.
Same for me. I ordered Looker on 06-10, it was backordered but eventually shipped (in a plastic shell wrapped in a white plastic bag) on 06-21, it just arrived today (07-06, 15 days later). I live about that from DD myself, why in hell should it take that long for ANYTHING to make it from that (lack of) distance?

I realize I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth (so to speak), they ARE shipping it free, but still..... -kd5-
Old 07-06-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today I finally received Twilight Women / The Slasher Brit Film Noir and in a separate package Final Countdown BD both were shipped out 6/22.

I guess if they had combined them when they shipped I would have had them sooner????
Old 07-07-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still waiting on my copy of Babysitter Wanted that shipped on June 21st and my copy of Idle Hands that shipped on June 20th. If I don't at least receive Babysitter Wanted today then I guess I'll have to shoot them yet another email. And they still haven't received my return of Shock Festival that I sent back for an exchange on June 10th. This is getting quite frustrating.

EDIT: I received Idle Hands today but still no sign of Babysitter Wanted which shipped two days earlier. :sigh: I guess it's time to shoot them another email.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-13-10 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-07-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NoirFan
My pre-order of Film Noir Classics II (7/6) shipped today.
And arrived today.
Old 07-07-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
And arrived today.
Amazing,I also received my copy today shipped July 1 unlike my other 2 packages which took 15 days.
Old 07-09-10, 07:04 AM

My order consisted of 2 DVD sets placed on June 21.

Karloff and Lugosi Horror Classics and Icons of Suspense Hammer Films. Karloff and Lugosi is still out of stock, and I still have yet to receive my Hammer films set. It shipped on the 22nd, so that makes it 13 business days today. I used to order from DD all the time and I never remember the USPS taking this long to deliver the items. The prices were great though at $15-ish each. If I don't get my set today, I'm shooting them an email.
Old 07-09-10, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^My "Karloff and Lugosi" set is still awaiting shipment as well. I'm patient... I have over 200 unwatched films already so it's not like I'm anxiously awaiting a copy to watch immediately. As long as I get a copy at the sale price I'll be happy.

I'm thinking they don't keep the warehouse as well stocked anymore due to all the items that came up OOS *early* in the sale. It used to be that only "hot" titles went OOS early with almost everything else being in stock for the duration.
Old 07-09-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got my Trick r Treat blu. Took almost a whole month and was the first item I ordered. Came in what kinda looked like a plastic tray chocolates come in. My later orders like Burn Notice Season 3 and a few other dvds had come within a week of ordering them. Odd!
Old 07-09-10, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^My "Karloff and Lugosi" set is still awaiting shipment as well. I'm patient... I have over 200 unwatched films already so it's not like I'm anxiously awaiting a copy to watch immediately. As long as I get a copy at the sale price I'll be happy.
I'm really in no hurry either- and as long as I get it I'll be happy. Hell I didn't even know about this set until a few weeks ago. I try and get all the lugosi or karloff collections released by the major studios. I hate crappy public domain releases. Oh yeah, I have many many unwatched movies as well that I can keep busy with.
Old 07-13-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got Babysitter Wanted in the mail today. It took 18 days to get to me. I open it up, and lo and behold, just like Pieces and Shock Festival one of the discs had popped loose and is scratched. They must have shipped it to me with the disc loose because I am trying to pop it out myself and it is extremely difficult. I guess I'll have to return it and I STILL haven't received my replacement of Shock Festival that I sent back a month ago. I am officially finished with DD!

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-13-10 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-13-10, 02:12 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

After 15 days enroute between Illinois and Ohio my Warlock: The Armageddon finally arrived. I've never had to wait this long for a DVD to get here from any other source (whether it be retailer or Ebay seller) and it makes me not want to do business with Deep Discount anymore. Ordered 3 DVDs from them during their sale, and once shipped 2 of the 3 took 15 days to get here, the 3rd took 12. I don't know what kind of crap version of media mail they're using with USPS but that's beyond unacceptable... -kd5-
Old 07-13-10, 02:31 PM

The mail came today and still nothing. It's day 15 today. I sent them an email on day 13, and they told me to wait until day 15, so I just sent a 2nd email. The thing is, the other half of my order still hasn't shipped, so I wonder how long I'm going to have to wait for that one?

I've been sending and getting packages this summer, and for the most part the USPS has been extra speedy. I can't remember ever waiting 15 business days for a package- unless it's been overseas.
Old 07-14-10, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

My "Karloff and Lugosi" set shipped today. Based on past times I expect it to arrive by this time next week.
Old 07-14-10, 11:09 PM

I checked my bank account online yesterday (before I sent the email), and I saw a charge from Deep Discount for the amount of the Karloff/Lugosi set. I have yet to receive an email from them saying it's shipped. Also I got them to send me another Hammer films set, and even today I hadn't yet received the shipment. I guess it may be lost in the mail. Although I have never had anything "lost in the mail." Ever.
Old 07-15-10, 01:03 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

After a about month of waiting for Fallen Angels Blu to arrive, I finally gave up and called them to send out a new one.
Old 07-15-10, 01:00 PM

anyone else with a bunch of Shaw Brothers backordered? When I placed the orders EVERY SB title was backordered. So far I've only recieved Five Deadly Venoms, the rest are still out of stock.
Old 07-15-10, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally got an email stating that they received my return of Shock Festival. It took a little over a month.