DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Criterion DVD's and Blu-Rays 50% off at Barnes and Noble 11/10

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-09, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Criterion DVD's and Blu-Rays 50% off at Barnes and Noble 11/10

Originally Posted by brizz
i just have to ask why bother? it's already been confirmed they plan on doing this again in a few months...and then probably again next fall....that $25 membership saved me many times that THIS sale...let alone future ones. I just don't understand the need to do this. unless you only bought two things, its' already paid for itself...and if that's all you got, why'd you get it in the first place?
I'm Canadian, we don't have Barnes & Noble here, I made a 6 hour commute round trip to partake in the sale. If I did a large portion of my dvd shopping at Barnes & Noble and it were easily accessible, I might agree with you, but using it once a year is hardly worth the while, wouldn't you agree?
Old 11-25-09, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by brizz
i just have to ask why bother? it's already been confirmed they plan on doing this again in a few months...and then probably again next fall....that $25 membership saved me many times that THIS sale...let alone future ones. I just don't understand the need to do this. unless you only bought two things, its' already paid for itself...and if that's all you got, why'd you get it in the first place?
Gotta agree with Brizz here even if you only buy a minimum of 2 or 3 discs per CC sale, you end up making back the membership fee. I haven't ordered a lot (just don't have the cash and I like to vette out stuff for multiple viewing potential) but I've already saved me the $25 and more. Plus there's another sale in the spring/summer in the next year and the online coupons/membership discounts too. It all adds up to over $25 in savings especially if you know when to buy (50% sales, even without a $5 coupon). Even if most of your orders are online, the savings should be more than the membership.
Old 11-26-09, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

yeah, like I just said, I'm Canadian. I drove 3 hours just to get to a Barnes & Noble, and another 3 hours to get home, not to mention an hour border wait. This is why I bought 26 dvd's, because I don't plan on doing it again. I don't have 15 hour days to spend buying dvd's on a regular basis. Plus, Barnes & Noble does ship to Canada, but even as a member, I have to pay for every dvd to ship. I'm sure for people that don't have to leave the country to drop by Barnes & Noble, the membership is great. For me, not so much. The next time I shop at Barnes & Noble, I'm sure my membership will long have expired anyhow. So I'd rather have the 25 bucks.