DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-12, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
In the $5 dump bin I saw a few copies of Hey Vern: It's Ernest: The Complete Series which has 13 episodes on it according to the back cover.
thank for the head up! will looking for that one!
Old 02-13-12, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 698 Likes on 500 Posts

^Yup. At least here. I verified this yesterday.
Old 02-16-12, 11:26 AM
X
Administrator

Received 169 Likes on 132 Posts

Now it should work.
Old 03-04-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a 4-sided display with Land Before Time and other Children's DVDs for 5.00, but they had movie cash for 5.00 to see The Lorax.
Old 03-13-12, 02:06 PM

anyone find these $5 8 movie packs from lionsgate yet? I think they might be exclusive because nothing about them online.

Horror collection has two movies that have never been released in the US, Ghoulies III and Chud II: Bud The Chud. Also has class of 1999, the unholy, slaughter high, 976-Evil 2(also may have never been released), waxwork, and chopping mall. I couldn't find this one, so if anyone happens to come upon two..........

They have another one with the 8 movies to die for. I think their from the first collection. There is also an action one, which I don't remember all the titles off hand. There was base 1, base 2, three lundgren flicks, Diplomatic Siege (peter weller), and don't remember the last two.

http://i41.tinypic.com/10gy3co.jpg that's what they look like.
Old 03-13-12, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by dan31655
anyone find these $5 8 movie packs from lionsgate yet? I think they might be exclusive because nothing about them online.

Horror collection has two movies that have never been released in the US, Ghoulies III and Chud II: Bud The Chud. Also has class of 1999, the unholy, slaughter high, 976-Evil 2(also may have never been released), waxwork, and chopping mall. I couldn't find this one, so if anyone happens to come upon two..........

They have another one with the 8 movies to die for. I think their from the first collection. There is also an action one, which I don't remember all the titles off hand. There was base 1, base 2, three lundgren flicks, Diplomatic Siege (peter weller), and don't remember the last two.

I don't think it was that exact one, but I saw some 8/10 movie packs at Kroger for 4.99. I know Kroger has different store names in different parts of the country, but if they are in your area, it may be worth a look.
Old 03-13-12, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've seen a few of these but the films on them didn't jump out at me. I was looking for the Echo Bridge ones with the Evil Bong films (which I believe were reported at WM) and the ones they had were not them...
Old 03-13-12, 04:40 PM

Yep I found a bunch of the echo bridge ones today with evil bong. Kept tossing them aside to find the one I wanted. Made a mess. Been along time since I actually tried going through one of these bins.
Old 03-13-12, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A new four pack of classic James Stewart Universal westerns has landed in the dump bin. No extras and THE FAR COUNTRY is full frame, but still not a bad deal for five bucks.
Old 03-13-12, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,917 Likes on 1,995 Posts

They have another one with the 8 movies to die for. I think their from the first collection.
I picked up a set called "8 Films to Die For: After Dark Horrorfest III."

It includes all of the movies from the third Horrorfest series (Autopsy, Broken, Slaughter, Butterfly Effect 3, Perkins 14, Dying Breed, From Within, and Voices.) Looks like all eight movies are on two discs, so the PQ might take a hit, but I picked it up anyway. Haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I looked for other After Dark Horrorfest series sets, but they only seemed to have III.
Old 03-13-12, 10:45 PM

Same one I seen. I guess I ignored the "III" part.
Old 03-14-12, 02:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Picked up "Witchblade: The Complete Series" for thirteen bucks, a blind buy. At one point I had nearly all the comics. Don't know if the show was any good.

I also saw "Blade: The Complete Series" for the same price.
Old 03-14-12, 02:00 AM

Picked up "Witchblade: The Complete Series" for thirteen bucks, a blind buy; their last copy. At one point I had nearly all the comics. Don't know if the show was any good.

Old 03-14-12, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this! I'm going to check to see if my store has it later today.
Old 03-14-12, 12:35 PM

Went back to one of the original wal-marts I was at monday. They put some more of those 8 packs out from lionsgate. There is a comedy one, which I didn't really look at. Then I noticed the horror one, except this one was different. So I guess there will be different variations. This one had from what I remember, blood murder 1, bloody murder 2, children of the living dead, and that's all I really remember. They were really cheap low budget movies though.

I was so stoked when I seen the title then quickly disappointed when it turned out to be another one. It will eventually show up.... i suppose.
Old 03-14-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep I found a bunch of the echo bridge ones today with evil bong. Kept tossing them aside to find the one I wanted. Made a mess. Been along time since I actually tried going through one of these bins.
Those still might be at the stores here. This was the *first* time I did more than look at what's on top since they brought the "bin" back and I couldn't bring myself to dig more than 6" or so deep. I'd forgotten, or just plain blocked out, how painful it is to dig through that crappy bin.
Old 03-16-12, 01:46 PM

Went back to one of the original wal-marts I was at monday. They put some more of those 8 packs out from lionsgate. There is a comedy one, which I didn't really look at. Then I noticed the horror one, except this one was different. So I guess there will be different variations. This one had from what I remember, blood murder 1, bloody murder 2, children of the living dead, and that's all I really remember. They were really cheap low budget movies though.

I was so stoked when I seen the title then quickly disappointed when it turned out to be another one. It will eventually show up.... i suppose.
dido just seen that one at my walmart also
Old 03-17-12, 08:47 AM

The Xena: Warrior Princess and Hercules season sets are on sale.

$15 each for the first two seasons (not two seasons for $15) and season three of each for $10.

I also saw the original American Pie movies on DVD in a keep case wrapped in what looks like a sock with the American Pie logo on it.
Old 03-17-12, 10:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I found the horror 8 pack with the unreleased horror titles (Chud II, 976-Evil 2, etc..) and the Action 8 pack. The only title I recognize from the action pack is Blown Away (Corey Haim, Nicole Eggert.)

I also found a $5 Lionsgate Horror 6 pack. It has Blood Diner, Parents, Earth Girls are Easy, Sundown, Fido, and Boy Eats Girl. This will make it the third $5 Lionsgate multipack from Wal-mart that contains Boy Eats Girl.

I didnt see the AfterDark or the other Lionsgate multipacks.

Also, they have reset their entire DVD department. They no longer have the $5.00, $7.50, etc.. sections. Instead they went back to Horror/Sci-Fi, Action, Drama, Comedy, etc..
Old 03-17-12, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
The Xena: Warrior Princess and Hercules season sets are on sale.

$15 each for the first two seasons (not two seasons for $15) and season three of each for $10.
Xena & Hercules S1 & S2 are also available for free when joining Columbia House.

Using this link for 7 sets total for $12.89 with only 2 fulfillment titles to buy later. If you are considering get those 4 then this is a better deal for sure.

Spoiler:
    Old 03-17-12, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Texan26
    I found the horror 8 pack with the unreleased horror titles (Chud II, 976-Evil 2, etc..) and the Action 8 pack. The only title I recognize from the action pack is Blown Away (Corey Haim, Nicole Eggert.)

I also found a $5 Lionsgate Horror 6 pack. It has Blood Diner, Parents, Earth Girls are Easy, Sundown, Fido, and Boy Eats Girl. This will make it the third $5 Lionsgate multipack from Wal-mart that contains Boy Eats Girl.

I didnt see the AfterDark or the other Lionsgate multipacks.

Also, they have reset their entire DVD department. They no longer have the $5.00, $7.50, etc.. sections. Instead they went back to Horror/Sci-Fi, Action, Drama, Comedy, etc..

Did you get the action one? Because curious what else is in that one. I don't think it was the same one I seen.

There is another horror one, I think it was found on horrordvds.com. It has...

Bride of Re-animator
    Beyond Re-animator
    Return of the Living Dead 3
    Return of the Living Dead 4
    Return of the Living Dead 5
    Night of the Living Dead 3-D
    Old 03-17-12, 05:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you get the action one? Because curious what else is in that one. I don't think it was the same one I seen.
    No, I only bought the horror titles. I just remember Blown Away in the action set and that a couple of the titles were sequels involving an airplane or jet. Maybe Turbulence 2 and 3??
    Old 03-17-12, 05:06 PM

Killjoy 1,2 and 3

Went to Wal-mart today looking for the horror 8 pack with the unreleased horror titles (Chud II, 976-Evil 2, etc..) Could not find it , but I did find The Midnight Horror Collection Killjoy 1,2, and 3 for $5 These are Full Moon Pictures released by Echo Creek.
    Old 03-17-12, 05:53 PM
    kd5
    DVD Talk Legend

Received 384 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnIan
    Picked up "Witchblade: The Complete Series" for thirteen bucks, a blind buy; their last copy. At one point I had nearly all the comics. Don't know if the show was any good.

I picked up Blade: The Complete Series at BigLots for $5 last summer. If you have multiple BigLots in your area you may yet be able to find it for that.

Witchblade gets 4½ stars after 175 reviews at Amazon (a good blind buy at $13, IMHO):

http://www.amazon.com/Witchblade-Complete-Series-Yancy-Butler/dp/B00170LCWC/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1332024645&sr=1-1

Too bad the suits killed it after the 1st season. -kd5-
    Old 03-18-12, 03:40 AM

I bought my copy of "Blade" years ago when Best Buy screwed up their release week price. I don't remember what it was, but it was a great deal at the time.

I think some time back I did see the box set at Big Lots, not recently.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.