Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Old 03-11-09, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Originally Posted by RockJack
Good choice.

All in all its a little bit "more expensive" (about 10-20$) but its worth it.
Thanks for your input. I am confident now in my choice to get the original release from Geneon.
Old 03-11-09, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Originally Posted by Edubble
Cool, I will order and keep my fingers crossed. Oh, and do they charge your credit card when it ships, or when you place the order? Thanks!
When is my order charged?

If you pay by Gift Card or PaypalŪ, the money is deducted at the time you place your order. If you pay using Bill Me LaterŪ, your Bill Me Later account will be charged when your order ships. You will receive a statement from and submit your payment to Bill Me Later. If you pay by credit or ATM/debit/check card, the payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order and your account is actually charged when your order ships.
Old 03-11-09, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
When is my order charged?

If you pay by Gift Card or PaypalŪ, the money is deducted at the time you place your order. If you pay using Bill Me LaterŪ, your Bill Me Later account will be charged when your order ships. You will receive a statement from and submit your payment to Bill Me Later. If you pay by credit or ATM/debit/check card, the payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order and your account is actually charged when your order ships.
Thanks for the info! Man you covered all the bases.
Old 03-11-09, 11:29 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Originally Posted by WTK
Walmart.com Pre-Order Mis-price
Will they honor the price when they correct it?
I ordered Dawn of the Dead-Ultimate for around $5. They corrected the price back up to around $30. I got my copy for the five bucks. Thanks for the heads-up, WTK.
Like what SBJ said, they should honor it. Take advantage while you can. This pricing error is caused by the incorrect MRSP. While this mis-pricing is good deal, nothing is going to top the Samurai Champloo hiccup years ago...
Old 03-11-09, 11:36 AM
WTK

Thanks WTK. I really want more content than anything. I will look to see what kind extras are in the Geneon release.
See below...if you want the extras, Geneon is pretty much the route to go.
Spoiler:
Extras:
Vol.1
  • Act 1 Storyboard by Director Mahiro Maeda
  • Director Mahiro Maeda Interview
  • Comments from the Voice Actors
  • Promotional Trailer
  • Textless Opening
  • Textless Ending
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.2
  • Comments from Voice Actors
  • Promotional Trailer - Classic Version
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.3
  • TV Commercials
Vol.4
  • Ending Theme "You won't see me coming" (Full Version)
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.5
  • Art Settings
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.6
  • Mechanical Art Setting
  • Anna Sui's Fashion Gallery
  • Geneon Previews
Old 03-11-09, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
See below...if you want the extras, Geneon is pretty much the route to go.
Spoiler:
Extras:
Vol.1
  • Act 1 Storyboard by Director Mahiro Maeda
  • Director Mahiro Maeda Interview
  • Promotional Trailer
  • Textless Opening
  • Textless Ending
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.2
  • Promotional Trailer - Classic Version
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.3
  • TV Commercials
Vol.4
  • Ending Theme "You won't see me coming" (Full Version)
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.5
  • Art Settings
  • Geneon Previews
Vol.6
  • Mechanical Art Setting
  • Anna Sui's Fashion Gallery
  • Geneon Previews
Great! This is the way to go. I really appreciate all of the responses and information!
Old 03-11-09, 01:36 PM

BB 50% off Round 2:

Pre-ordered Berserk (remastered) and picked up Phoenix box set, Baccano v1, and Darker Than Black v1.

Couple questions... Were the Phoenix singles the same as the ones in the box set (hard cardboard)? Since each one in the box sets seems to have a unique UPC, I'm guessing they were.

Also, I forgot to check when I was ordering Berserk from the kiosk. Does anyone know if Geass Part 3 is available through it? Heck, is everything that's available on BB.com available through the kiosk?
Old 03-11-09, 01:42 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by RedTail
Were the Phoenix singles the same as the ones in the box set (hard cardboard)? Since each one in the box sets seems to have a unique UPC, I'm guessing they were.
Yes they are the same. Some of the volumes in the boxsets may be slightly warped.
Originally Posted by RedTail
Does anyone know if Geass Part 3 is available through it? Heck, is everything that's available on BB.com available through the kiosk?
The last time I checked, it's a no. Most of the BEI releases aren't getting stocked in-stores.
Old 03-11-09, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Thanks in for 1 Now i must visit 25 mins drive and pick up Season 1
Old 03-11-09, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
That is AWESOME! Definitely my most wanted boxset this year (at least so far!). Less than $30 shipped, great deal, thanks as always for posting WTK!
Old 03-11-09, 08:12 PM

Just got back from Best Buy and some of the 3/17 releases were already on the shelf. This included:

Princess Resurrection 1
Indian Summer
Berserk Remastered
Old 03-11-09, 08:15 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by sandman007
Just got back from Best Buy and some of the 3/17 releases were already on the shelf. This included:

Princess Resurrection 1
Indian Summer
Berserk Remastered
Your local store (offering 50% off sale) is stocking new releases?
Old 03-11-09, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Yes! They also had FMA Season 2 but I think it was already enroute before the sale started. If you check those titles online, you can choose store pick-up as well.
Old 03-11-09, 08:46 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
Yes! They also had FMA Season 2 but I think it was already enroute before the sale started. If you check those titles online, you can choose store pick-up as well.
Interesting. I guess there is some differences in stock/shipment variation from region to region. My local BBs (with 50% off sale) stopped stocking new anime releases after 3/3. It remains to be seen what these 20+ stocking SKUs are...
Old 03-11-09, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

FYI: Walmart will most likely catch the price error and cancel it as tons of people will jump on it. I have tried to get in on their errors before and they have cancelled every single one.
Old 03-12-09, 08:57 AM
Cool New Member

Well I went ahead and ordered. If they cancel it's no big deal. But if they don't and I miss out... well that is a big deal!
Old 03-12-09, 09:28 AM

thats awesome!
Old 03-12-09, 10:02 AM

I too ordered the Death Note Boxed Set 2 yesterday morning, and hope they do not cancel.
Old 03-12-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

You can't do store pickup for Berserk for some reason.
Old 03-12-09, 11:09 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Maxflier
You can't do store pickup for Berserk for some reason.
That's strange. It definitely got changed. I remember it was available for pre-order pick-up for a while. I know only select stores will be stocking this particular release.
Old 03-12-09, 01:36 PM

Has anyone been able to order Claymore through the BB kiok at 50% off? I am just looking into this series, and would like to get it for $11.00 a disk. Thanks!
Old 03-12-09, 02:00 PM

Has anyone been able to order Claymore through the BB kiok at 50% off? I am just looking into this series, and would like to get it for $11.00 a disk. Thanks!
Claymore should be 50% off up to vol. 4.
Old 03-12-09, 02:09 PM

Claymore should be 50% off up to vol. 4.
Thanks sandman007. I was reading the reviews, and it seemed pretty interesting. Guess I'm heading back to BB this weekend.
Old 03-12-09, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks sandman007. I was reading the reviews, and it seemed pretty interesting. Guess I'm heading back to BB this weekend.
I really like the graphic novel somehow the anime is darker & violent. I still waiting for box set
Old 03-12-09, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Princess Resurrection 1
Indian Summer
Berserk Remastered
Thanks.
I stopped by there tonight and the BB here also had Berserk out on the shelf, so I picked up a copy. Saved me from waiting on shipping because I was planning to order it through the kiosk.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.