$5.99 HD DVD titles

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $5.99 HD DVD titles

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Bakers, Dillons (and Ralphs out here in Socal) are all owned by Krogers.

There is a Krogers HD thread somewhere in DVD bargains that has a complete listing of HD discs that people have seen across the country.

Out here at Ralphs, I picked up the HD/SD combo discs of Half Baked, Dazed and Confused, Hitchhiker, American Werewolf in London, etc for $3.99 plus tax. Other HD titles are priced at $4.99, $5.99 and a few at $7.99
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-22-09, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
Old 01-22-09, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Btw, the movies I ordered via Amazon are being sent USPS with tracking number. However, when I placed my second order via closeoutmovies, I didn't expect them to send the movies via MEDIA MAIL. I mean really. For $17.88 in shipping charges? That's a FedEx Express package.
I ordered one HD movie for $3 + $3 shipping on Tuesday. I received it today, Thursday.

I also ordered from Closeoutmovies. The package came from BSE Entertainment in Hawthorne, CA (this is near the Los Angeles International Airport). They sent it first class mail.

Hopefully BSE sent your package first class mail...
Old 01-24-09, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by abintra
It might not matter to one given the price difference but heads up that the Blu-ray release reportedly has superior audio/video (both releases modify the intended aspect ratio).

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/559/chronos.html
It's worth also linking to the review here at DVDTalk, particularly the Video "Update" section in which it says that the Chronos HD-DVD release is really 1080p, not 1080i, which was due to a misinterpretation of the somewhat confusing included text with the disc (that's meant to indicate info for playback on 1080i HD-DVD players, not that the disc itself is encoded as interlaced):

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/25835/chronos/

Last edited by dhmac; 01-24-09 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-24-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12328245...=k%3Ahd&page=1

Seller traderbora now lists 125 titles available for $5.94 with free shipping (fulfillment by Amazon). Check the individual titles before checking out in case some competition gets going and titles start to drop further.
Old 01-24-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
I ordered one HD movie for $3 + $3 shipping on Tuesday. I received it today, Thursday.

I also ordered from Closeoutmovies. The package came from BSE Entertainment in Hawthorne, CA (this is near the Los Angeles International Airport). They sent it first class mail.

Hopefully BSE sent your package first class mail...
I did receive my order today. So, it wasn't so bad. When I saw MEDIA MAIL, I got worried. Because if there's any problems, it could take weeks for a resolution.
Old 01-24-09, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Seller traderbora now lists 125 titles available for $5.94 with free shipping (fulfillment by Amazon). Check the individual titles before checking out in case some competition gets going and titles start to drop further.
Would be nice if there were other studios besides UNIVERSAL. I swear to God, people will be buying Universal HD DVDs in the year 2012, and in 2015, we'll all be getting them in our cereal boxes whether we want them or not.
Old 01-24-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks abintra. I grabbed a couple that went fast last time with fulfillment from Amazon.
The Pianist
Bourne Identity
Spartacus
Eternal Sunshine
Old 01-24-09, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I grabbed 5 to qualify for the free shipping:

Mummy
Out Of Sight
U-571
Big Lebowski
Animal House
Old 01-27-09, 09:05 AM

It looks like some Paramount titles have been added from closeoutmovies. Prices vary, but no free shipping.
Old 01-27-09, 10:18 AM

I was going to order couple of HD/SD but i am not sure about one thing. Does HD/SD combo DVDs have two discs in it (one being SD and the other is HD) or does that mean it has only one disc that we can play on any player?
Old 01-27-09, 10:20 AM

^^^ The latter. It is a double-sided disc, one side with the HD DVD version of the movie, the other side with the SD version of the movie.
Old 01-29-09, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The following titles are now $5 with FSSS:

American Me
Backdraft
Born On The Fourth Of July
Bulletproof
Carlito's Way: Rise To Power
Daylight
Dead Silence
End Of Days
Evan Almighty
For Love Of The Game
Friday Night Lights
HollywoodLand
In Good Company
Jarhead
Land Of The Dead
Meet The Fockers
Meet The Parents
Mercury Rising
Mobsters
Mystery Men
Miami Vice
Notting Hill
Nutty Professor II: The Klumps
Patch Adams
Scent Of A Woman
Sea Of Love
Seed Of Chucky
Smokey And The Bandit
Spy Game
The Hitcher
The Hurricane
The Interpreter
The Jerk
The Nutty Professor
The River
The Watcher
White Noise
White Noise 2

Also, Nature's Journey for $5.98 w/FSSS

Last edited by GMan2819; 01-29-09 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-29-09, 04:02 PM

Bought 20 titles from Closeout Movies with free shipping,order processed on Janauary 18th and shipped 19th.Estimated delivery January 26th.Today is the 29th.still no movies and tracking status has no updates.Called Amazon,they told ,me to give it till Feb. 2nd Allmovies were in stock at time of purchase/order with free super saving shipping

I ordred a Logit3ech keyboard and mouse with my 20 HD dvds,received the Keyboard seperately with free shipping in just 2 days,the mouse and movies still waiting as stated above.Everytime i call Amazon i get some Foriegn person that is had to understand,i just want to hang up cause i cant understand what the heck they are saying adn they alos have no clue but to tell me to either cancel it or keep waiting with no time frame.The mouse by the way was bought and sold from Amazon along with the keyboard,all movie by Closeout Movies.Looks like they make free shipping for last in line buyers.I dont mind waiting awhile but shure would be nice to be able to properly track my order.
Old 01-29-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by GameOver
Bought 20 titles from Closeout Movies with free shipping,order processed on Janauary 18th and shipped 19th.Estimated delivery January 26th.Today is the 29th.still no movies and tracking status has no updates.Called Amazon,they told ,me to give it till Feb. 2nd Allmovies were in stock at time of purchase/order with free super saving shipping

I ordred a Logit3ech keyboard and mouse with my 20 HD dvds,received the Keyboard seperately with free shipping in just 2 days,the mouse and movies still waiting as stated above.Everytime i call Amazon i get some Foriegn person that is had to understand,i just want to hang up cause i cant understand what the heck they are saying adn they alos have no clue but to tell me to either cancel it or keep waiting with no time frame.The mouse by the way was bought and sold from Amazon along with the keyboard,all movie by Closeout Movies.Looks like they make free shipping for last in line buyers.I dont mind waiting awhile but shure would be nice to be able to properly track my order.
I placed three orders from CloseoutMovies. Two directly from them and 5 which were fulfilled by Amazon.com on 01/18/09. The five from Amazon.com arrived on 01/23/09 and the 2 from CloseoutMovies arrived on 01/24/09. And these were all shipped to Hi. I just placed 3 more separate orders with CloseoutMovies.
Old 01-29-09, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GameOver
Bought 20 titles from Closeout Movies with free shipping,order processed on Janauary 18th and shipped 19th.Estimated delivery January 26th.Today is the 29th.still no movies and tracking status has no updates.Called Amazon,they told ,me to give it till Feb. 2nd Allmovies were in stock at time of purchase/order.
I was worried about my order too, but it finally came today. You never know with free shipping how long it'll take.
Old 01-30-09, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my order of 17 titles pretty quick. Sucks that most of them went down $1 now. The 2 titles I didn't order that I wish I had are no longer for sale.
Old 01-30-09, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Between traderbora and CloseoutMovies, there are many titles for 5.00 and 5.99 with free shipping, fulfilled by Amazon...
Here is what I bought this time. I've been buying WAY too many HD-DVD's lately, but at these prices, I can't help myself:
Lost in Translation [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99
The Deer Hunter [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99
The Watcher [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.00
Coming to America [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99
Disturbia [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99
Into The Wild [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99
The Pianist [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99
Things We Lost in the Fire [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.00
End of Days [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.00
The Manchurian Candidate [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.00
Brokeback Mountain [HD DVD] [HD DVD] $5.99

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-30-09 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for the post for traderbora..found some more I did not have yet..
Old 01-30-09, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
There is another vendor called traderbora competing with CloseoutMovies. They also have many titles for 5.00 and 5.99 with free shipping, fulfilled by Amazon...
I think they are the same seller (BSE Entertainment.)

From two different Your Amazon.com Order Has Shipped emails:

closeoutmovies items (Sold by BSE ENTERTAINMENT INC)
traderbora items (Sold by BSE ENTERTAINMENT INC)

FWIW, at the time I ordered the traderbora items were 6 cents cheaper.
Old 01-30-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by theWitcher
I think they are the same seller (BSE Entertainment.)

From two different Your Amazon.com Order Has Shipped emails:

closeoutmovies items (Sold by BSE ENTERTAINMENT INC)
traderbora items (Sold by BSE ENTERTAINMENT INC)

FWIW, at the time I ordered the traderbora items were 6 cents cheaper.
Very strange, since traderbora has some titles that closeoutmovies does not. But I guess it makes sense, since the prices matched 100% on every title that both carried. So if you saved 6 cents on your traderbora order, they must have since synched their prices. I don't see any price differences currently. But what would be the point of starting a new seller name? closeoutmovies had a VERY high feedback rating, and traderbora is fairly new with only 87. Seems pointless to start over...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-30-09 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just out of curiosity, are you guys buying movies you've never owned or are you replacing your old SD copies? For the most part, I've been buying movies I've never owned and only replacing a few select SD discs i.e. non-anamorphics, non-collector editions, etc. Maybe if the prices were in the $3-4 range, I would consider replacing whatever I can find.

BTW, traderbora was known about for at least a week. It pays to read old posts sometimes.

Last edited by GMan2819; 01-30-09 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IamLegend
found some more I did not have yet..
That's what I'm doing, buying pretty much any title I don't already own, as long as it is 6 bucks or less. But I'm trying not to go hog wild. I won't get a movie I have absolutely no interest in. And I don't want to spend too much at once. But I'm thinking at some point soon, I'll have the largest HD-DVD collection of ANYONE!

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-30-09 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GMan2819
Just out of curiosity, are you guys buying movies you've never owned or are you replacing your old SD copies? For the most part, I've been buying movies I've never owned and only replacing a few select SD discs i.e. non-anamorphics, non-collector editions, etc. Maybe if the prices were in the $3-4 range, I would consider replacing whatever I can find.
For the most part, I have never owned them. If I own them, but the SD is still sealed, I'll upgrade and give the SD as a gift. But I have probably double-dipped on 25 titles or so (out of over 250 HD-DVD's), for movies I really really enjoy... In the order I just placed, I only owned Coming to America, and it was the original release. Worthy of the SE upgrade... In my 17 title order on the previous page, I upgraded Spy Game and Born on the Fourth of July. Dunno if those were worthy upgrades or not. Two great films though...

Originally Posted by GMan2819

BTW, traderbora was known about for at least a week. It pays to read old posts sometimes.
Dunno how I missed Abintra's post. And I read this thread a lot, too!

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-30-09 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 02:33 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Dunno how I missed Abintra's post. And I read this thread a lot, too!
Clicking on "Go to first new post" sometimes skips a lot of new posts for me

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.