DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Unofficial DD 25% off FAQ, Fall 2008 edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-08, 09:13 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I placed two orders through live.com during this sale, and neither one has been credited. My DD orders usually show up immediately, and I placed both of these orders with a few minutes of the codes becoming active.
mine showed up. It took about 20 minutes, but it is listed.
Old 11-07-08, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by movielib
It seems to be very hard to find the Superman Returns blu-ray with Dolby TrueHD sound. I would suggest ordering it from the Warner Store.
How much does the Dolby TrueHD sound really matter? What's the difference? I'll most likely have a PS3 as my playback, and just using the speakers on whatever display I get for at least the next year (no receiver/surround set-up).

What sound do you get on the more commonly found version?

Thanks again!
Old 11-07-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bloomcounty
How much does the Dolby TrueHD sound really matter? What's the difference? I'll most likely have a PS3 as my playback, and just using the speakers on whatever display I get for at least the next year (no receiver/surround set-up).

What sound do you get on the more commonly found version?

Thanks again!
The old one has just a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack.

I haven't actually listened to it (just got it yesterday) but I've heard there is a big difference. There usually is a discernible difference between lossy and lossless soundtracks.

The new one also has a lossless PCM soundtrack which should be identical to the TrueHD soundtrack.

It's true you won't be able to take advantage of these without a decent receiver but since they are about the same price (as long as you get the 25% off and free shipping at the Warner Store), you might as well future proof it.
Old 11-07-08, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
mine showed up. It took about 20 minutes, but it is listed.
Live.com has plenty of time to pull it back out of your account and they probably will. It works with sale items like the BOGO sales but when you have to apply a coupon, they will credit it initially but normally before you can actually claim your money they will show it as returned and take the money back out of your live.com account.
Old 11-07-08, 11:18 PM

DVD Planet INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES.

I'm trying to confirm the rates for DVDPlanet. I've just put 2 Bluray titles (Caligula and Dewey Cox) and the International Shipping came out to be $12 !!!!! WHAT GIVES ??

Their site says $6.50 + 1.50 per disc - it looks like its treating these 2 titles as 2Disc sets.

can anyone answer what is correct or is DVDPlanet incorrectly adding these up ??

thanks !

EDIT - ECK - Caligula and Dewey are 2 disc sets - I should have checked earlier !!

Last edited by tonyjg; 11-07-08 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-08-08, 09:06 AM

When do Tuesday releases usually go live? Tuesday at midnight?
Old 11-08-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by megashopper
Live.com has plenty of time to pull it back out of your account and they probably will. It works with sale items like the BOGO sales but when you have to apply a coupon, they will credit it initially but normally before you can actually claim your money they will show it as returned and take the money back out of your live.com account.
It's certainly possible that people won't get the discount. However, about 1 week from now, I am scheduled to be eligible to receive cashback for purchases I made 2 months ago with 4% back. I guess we'll see what happens.

However, I have to point out that there is seemingly no difference between the B1G1 sales and the %-off sales, as far as how DD handles them. They are BOTH codes entered at checkout. The B1G1 codes carry through as long as you follow particular links on the site--but if you don't follow those links, and you have items in your cart, then you enter the coupon code at checkout--same as you do with the %-off sales.
Old 11-08-08, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by megashopper
It has been my personal experience with DD and Live.com that everything goes through and nothing gets cancelled including pending cash back for cancelled orders but YMMV. I've received cash back from several DD sales including the June 20% off and more than one BOGO.
Old 11-09-08, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
Anyone need another code? Yesterday I received a postcard announcing the current sale.

New code: DD1108
Old 11-09-08, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by rmick
When do Tuesday releases usually go live? Tuesday at midnight?
But probably central time.

Be careful, tho....Last sale, I woke up about 5 in the morning, saw the pre-order thing I wanted was now off pre-order status and was delighted to be able to order it with no price increase. By 10 a.m. the price actually went down 3-4 dollars, and when I wrote them to ask if they could adjust my account I got a big "no" in reply. So don't be in a rush to order in the middle of the night.
Old 11-11-08, 02:36 AM

Do deepdiscount ever increase prices during the sale?
I have a few titles I want to order, but I need to leave it until Monday 23rd.
Old 11-11-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by horseflesh
Do deepdiscount ever increase prices during the sale?
I have a few titles I want to order, but I need to leave it until Monday 23rd.

Rarely, but sometimes, will prices change during the sale.

What doesn't change is the fact that making the exact same post in more than one thread is really not acceptable.
Old 11-11-08, 05:25 PM

How does one exactly use Live cashback? This is my first time hearing about this and it really sounds like a good deal. Help please! I looked and clicked at deepdiscount through Live search and...I have no idea what to do next? Do they give the discount after you paid or when you put the items in the shopping cart?
Old 11-13-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 1st item on my list is already NO LONGER AVAILABLE ,MST3K Anniversary Collection
I don't know if I am even going to bother this time, the Criterion Blus with Tshirts are already gone as well.
Old 11-13-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it looks like both DD and DVD Planet are finally out of the MST3K tin sets.
Old 11-13-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
How does one exactly use Live cashback? This is my first time hearing about this and it really sounds like a good deal. Help please! I looked and clicked at deepdiscount through Live search and...I have no idea what to do next? Do they give the discount after you paid or when you put the items in the shopping cart?
http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse
Old 11-14-08, 06:36 AM

DD1122 is also valid.
Old 11-14-08, 03:02 PM

Does DD usually raise the prices of pre-orders once release day arrives? I'm not sure if I should order Wall-E now from Amazon or wait until Tuesday and order from DD because it would then be the best deal.
Old 11-15-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by moviewizguy
I don't think its a discount, its a cash back program. After you made your purchase I think they credit your account and when you reach a certain amount you can cash out.

I think thats how the process works
Old 11-15-08, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here are the details...

http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse
Old 11-17-08, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Join Columbia House and wait for a BOGO sale. All of the titles that you mentioned would be $15 or less at CH during a BOGO with free shipping sale.
ive never looked into CH or any of those clubs but those deals at CH sound awesome. id like to get in on them since im thinking of going blu in a couple weeks but it seems a bit complicated with so many faqs to read and if you ask a question some people are ready to jump down your throat.
Old 11-17-08, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you look through the last few pages of the Columbia House "questions" thread, and the Sale Codes thread, you'll probably get all your questions answered pretty easily.

But yeah, time and money, just like everything in the world. Take some time to learn how to do it, and you can save some money. Don't take the time to do it, don't save the money.
Old 11-17-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What's the likelihood that Wall E will get a release day price reduction? I'd wait if I thought they might lower it although with the astronomical b&m prices on the 3 disc SE dvd ($29.99 most places) it's liable to be on back order by morning.
Old 11-17-08, 10:23 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
For those of you who bought Freaks and Geeks: Yearbook Edition, would it be worth the money for someone who has never seen the show?
Old 11-18-08, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was going to go through Live.com and purchase the remaining titles at DD that come out today, but I can't get to the site. All I get is "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /cashback on this server." Anyone else experiencing this?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.