DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Prices: September 14 - September 20, 2008

Old 09-13-08, 11:17 AM

Got this Sundays Chicago Trib and the dvds are on page 8.

Regarding Speed Racer.

The only version they show is the Full Screen edition.
Below the picture they have the following.

Low Price
Exclusive Deluxe $22.99
Blu-Ray $29.99

No picture of the Deluxe Edition or any info about what exactly makes it deluxe is listed.

Also no wording of including the Digital Copy is shown in the ad.
Old 09-13-08, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by theflicker View Post
A couple of weeks ago CC had s1-3 for 24.99 each.

I think it has also turned up as low as 17.99 each, but this was during BF and only s1 and 2 were included.
I'm pretty sure I got House S1 & 2 at Amazon for 12.99 each and S3 for 14.99 somewhere on BF.
Hoping to pick S4 up for 19.99 or less this BF somewhere or wait an extra few months till it dips since I don't need it right away but do want it.
Old 09-13-08, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by stardork13 View Post
I'm pretty sure I got House S1 & 2 at Amazon for 12.99 each and S3 for 14.99 somewhere on BF.
Hoping to pick S4 up for 19.99 or less this BF somewhere or wait an extra few months till it dips since I don't need it right away but do want it.
Yeah, especially since it's not a complete 24 episode season. I'll be looking for slightly lower prices on all the strike affected seasons.
Old 09-15-08, 08:02 AM

Does anyone know of the other $10 DVDs on sale this week?
Old 09-15-08, 12:31 PM

Target finally put up some info about the Speed Racer deluxe edition.

Here is a cap from their site.

Looks like it only includes their previous exclusive mockumentary "Wonderful World of Racing: The Amazing Racer Family" that they released shortly before the theatrical release of the film.
Old 09-16-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians for $9.99 each today at Target. The $10 off was taken off at the register as 101 DALMATIO PROMO automatically. However, there is also a scannable coupon glued to the slipcover of each for $10 off when you buy 2. I took it off and handed it to the cashier thinking that was how I would get my $10 off. My receipt shows that $10 deduction as MFR COUPON. So I got $20 off of two $19.99 DVD's basically making it a BOGO.

Last edited by Subgeniusguy; 09-16-08 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-17-08, 09:29 AM

I went to Target and they only had one copy of Pushing Daisies left, so I assumed the exclusive book was a press-kit type book inside the case, but there was nothing.

Could somebody who got one of these from Target please post a description, or ideally pictures of what it was so I know if it's worth trying to get one?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-17-08, 05:12 PM

Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money sets
In my Cincinnati OH ad there is no mention of a $10 giftcard for buying both
There is a $10 coupon on Private Practice set for buying it and Dirty Sexy Money. Do I need to return and inquire about the giftcard?
Old 09-17-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The cashier is supposed to give you the gift card when you check out.

That's what's happened every time I've bought a set and got a gift card with it (i.e. South Park 11 and House 4).
Old 09-17-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bookcase3 View Post
If you bought them at Target and take your receipt in, they will refund you the price difference. I've done it many times there. Takes no time at all.
I went in today to get a price adjustment and couldn't get it because they will only adjust prices within 14 days. Doh!
Old 09-17-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Eve Brown View Post
Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money sets
In my Cincinnati OH ad there is no mention of a $10 giftcard for buying both
There is a $10 coupon on Private Practice set for buying it and Dirty Sexy Money. Do I need to return and inquire about the giftcard?
It may be different in your area.

Which is why I list this disclaimer after a particularly nasty Target incident a few years back:

From time to time special deals / prices will be listed in the Store Notes Section & the in the product price thread that may or may not be available in your specific geographic area. This is due to Regional Market Variations of the nationwide ads that I post and as such, not all deals / prices will be available in all Target stores. Please note that this version of the Target ad originates in the Northeast.