Reload this Page >

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

Old 09-03-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 154 Likes on 107 Posts
Both of mine canceled...

I fired off a stern email requesting it be fulfilled.

Last edited by Artman; 09-03-08 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-03-08, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, I just got my cancellation email from Borders also. Oh well, I tried, didn't work. Sucks.
Old 09-03-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a shipment notification for my 2nd order. It was upgraded to free 2-day shipping for some reason. It's coming today via FedEx.
Old 09-03-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
I just got a shipment notification for my 2nd order. It was upgraded to free 2-day shipping for some reason. It's coming today via FedEx.
We must be living right. I also just got a shipping email for Nightmare Before Christmas BR.

EDIT: I just noticed that my 2nd shipment was upgraded as well. It's coming via UPS.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 09-03-08 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-03-08, 10:00 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Davie50 View Post
yeah, I just got my cancellation email from Borders also. Oh well, I tried, didn't work. Sucks.
Oh no. No way do I accept things so easily. So far 2 of my 4 orders got cancellation emails, and the other 2 are still "in process". But you can be damn sure I'll fight it. If they cancelled everyone's that's one thing. But for them to fulfil so many other people's, and not mine? Selective cancellation? I don't frakkin' think so!
Old 09-03-08, 10:00 AM

for those of you that are receiving a shipment email did u order as a guest or under an account?

I have received a confirmation email and a pending charge but not shipping email yet

I ordered nightmare before christmas deluxe ultimate edition
Old 09-03-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts
Both of my orders were canceled...I'll be sending them an e-mail.
Old 09-03-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered as a guest.
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
We must be living right. I also just got a shipping email for Nightmare Before Christmas BR.

EDIT: I just noticed that my 2nd shipment was upgraded as well. It's coming via UPS.
Old 09-03-08, 10:12 AM

I still hope I get mine.

Received a confirmation email
hold on card
no shipping email yet
and no cancellation email yet

ordered nightmare before christmas uber edition and next day/fastest shipping
Old 09-03-08, 10:16 AM

So far i haven't recieved a shipping confirmation nor a order confirmation. I have no way to check if i've been charged either. I don't even know if my order went through, and I don't want to call.

I ordered several items: Heros S2, Lucky Star, Superman Animated S2, The Watchman GN and some other stuff I don't remember....I think I preordered the Batman uber 33 disc set but I can't remember, my order got tossed around so much.

I hope my order went through, but I didn't place mine until late in the day. Choose the second fastest shipping.

I can see why people would be upset, they seem to be picking a choosing what they want to ship/cancel and what they don't.

Last edited by bmoore; 09-03-08 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-03-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered around 8:30 Eastern. I have a registered account and a Borders Rewards Card. I chose free shipping(big surprise) and paid the entire amount by a gift card. I ordered 5 items, 3 in stock and 2 preorders. They shipped 2 of the 3 in stock items together via USPS. They just sent out the other in stock item via UPS. If my 2 preorders end up going out, then this would be just ridiculous! I wish everyone that's still waiting the same fortune that I have had.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that I never did receive a confirmation email for the order. I also only placed one order with the 80% off code.
Old 09-03-08, 10:43 AM

Received 2,928 Likes on 2,004 Posts
My friend just told me his entire order got cancelled. He actually called after he got the email and they told him they would be cancelling all orders because the coupon was just for Borders Reps. But like I said before my one order was shipped. Hopefully my preorder that comes out in Oct will get shipped still. They will either not notice it because it so far off...or notice it cause its so far off. Haha
Old 09-03-08, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
My friend just told me his entire order got cancelled. He actually called after he got the email and they told him they would be cancelling all orders because the coupon was just for Borders Reps.
What about the ones that have already shipped? Are they going to recall those? Demand returns?
Old 09-03-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
What about the ones that have already shipped? Are they going to recall those? Demand returns?
That's what I'm wondering.

My first order will be here tomorrow at the latest. My second will be waiting for me when I get home from work.

A friend of mine ordered the same time as me and her order will be here tomorrow as well.
Old 09-03-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts
Are you sure they were really "shipped"? Sometimes online stores send out e-mails early with a Confirmation number even if the package never left the warehouse.
Old 09-03-08, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Are you sure they were really "shipped"? Sometimes online stores send out e-mails early with a Confirmation number even if the package never left the warehouse.
several could very well be in that stage, but many others have tracking that shows picked up, or at different stops along the way.
Old 09-03-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
I have tracking info. FedEx says my second package is out for delivery and USPS says my first package just left the second-to-last sorting facility on shipments to my area.

So yeah, they're "shipped".
Old 09-03-08, 11:10 AM
Web
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
they told him they would be cancelling all orders because the coupon was just for Borders Reps.
Your friend should have said, "Well, some of us are reps. Go to the Borders thread at DVDtalk forum. Everyone in that thread is a Rep."
Old 09-03-08, 11:17 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Web View Post
Your friend should have said, "Well, some of us are reps. Go to the Borders thread at DVDtalk forum. Everyone in that thread is a Rep."
I ordered the complete Twilight Zone set at about 7pm Eastern Sun., using my account and credit card, free standard shipping. I got a confirmation and a shipping notification with USPS tracking number, which now shows that it is en route.

And I'm not a Rep, I'm a Dem.
Old 09-03-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I used the code to buy a book I kind of wanted but not really and figured it wouldn't ship (and it did) now I'm annoyed at myself for not placing more orders. lol
Old 09-03-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woo, my Twilight Zone set has officially left New Jersey! YEAH!
Old 09-03-08, 11:47 AM

mine was on back order from the start, so I doubt it will ship. does anyone think they are doing this on an individual basis? if you used this code for more than a couple of dvd's or had multiple orders that they are just going to cancel every order(s). But if you used it for one dvd in one order they will let it slide and ship it? It's just a guess...
Old 09-03-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lectersvictim View Post
mine was on back order from the start, so I doubt it will ship. does anyone think they are doing this on an individual basis? if you used this code for more than a couple of dvd's or had multiple orders that they are just going to cancel every order(s). But if you used it for one dvd in one order they will let it slide and ship it? It's just a guess...
That theory's impossible because I placed three orders, each order had more than one item, and two out of the three shipped.
Old 09-03-08, 11:57 AM

good for you mcfly, i wish i was that lucky...
Old 09-03-08, 12:19 PM

My order was cancelled. I sent an e-mail but I will leave it at that. The only reason I sent the e-mail was because their e-mail stated that I cancelled the order myself OR the item wasn't in stock and neither of those statements are true.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.