Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-11, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Shoot, didn't notice the time next to the 11/7 expiration date on those online codes. Guess I'll have to wait for the new ones.

Used the $8 off $40 on the Che set yesterday. The manager was working the register. She looked at the $49.99 sticker, looked at the coupon, scanned everything in, and smiled as I walked out the door. It didn't even seem to cross her mind that the coupon shouldn't have been eligible.
Old 11-07-11, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ I think they are eligible. As long as the original price is over $40, the $8 off coupons scan without issue. It's those pesky $39.99 titles that are YMMV.
Old 11-07-11, 11:52 AM

I know. That is in response to the posters who think we should have no expectations of that coupon even working on the $49.99 titles.
Old 11-07-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of new 25% coupons are coming later in the week. Looks like one for members and another for all customers.

Also there might be a bunch of 20% member coupons coming soon. I think they are going to be sent out in the mail to select members during the holidays. Looks like you will receive a online code along with a store coupon that are valid until around Christmas.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=10116

25% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid from November 10, 2011 and expires in stores November 13, 2011 at close of business, or for orders placed online, at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time November 14, 2011, while supplies last.

This coupon entitles you to 25% off one eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(r) devices and their related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vii) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

Old 11-07-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
A couple of new 25% coupons are coming later in the week. Looks like one for members and another for all customers.

Also there might be a bunch of 20% member coupons coming soon. I think they are going to be sent out in the mail to select members during the holidays. Looks like you will receive a online code along with a store coupon that are valid until around Christmas.
Very excited on the prospect of that coupon! I would have to contemplate rebuying some titles and returning the ones that only had 20% off!
Old 11-07-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Good news about the coupons. I've been holding off a little bit waiting for slightly better deals.
Old 11-07-11, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Very excited on the prospect of that coupon! I would have to contemplate rebuying some titles and returning the ones that only had 20% off!
i was thinking return & rebuy, Carlos & Battle Algiers.
Old 11-07-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
i was thinking return & rebuy, Carlos & Battle Algiers.
First try rebuying both with the $8 off coupon. Try with different cashiers. Eventually you'll probably succeed. Much better than saving an extra 5%.
Old 11-07-11, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That definitely will help me out now for a title I want that's coming out this week. I'll wait until the 10th then. Will you be listing the code for this and is it a unique code or one anyone can use, members and non-members? Just making sure.
Old 11-08-11, 09:59 AM

Awesome, thanks Laser. Glad I accidentally missed out on the 20% one!
Old 11-08-11, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
^ I think they are eligible. As long as the original price is over $40, the $8 off coupons scan without issue. It's those pesky $39.99 titles that are YMMV.
It worked for me on Che but the language is clearly "current selling price" not "retail price" so it was not intended to work and better trained clerks know that. Bottom line is that when it does work the price is even better than when we enjoyed the 5 dollar coupons back when.
Old 11-08-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ctyankee
....Bottom line is that when it does work the price is even better than when we enjoyed the 5 dollar coupons back when.
$10 for a Criterion Blu-ray? I'd say so!
Old 11-08-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
$10 for a Criterion Blu-ray? I'd say so!
Ignoring the $39.99 titles which the $8 off a $40 item coupon is clearly not meant to apply to, as it's a very huge longshot (YMMV), then the next higher priced titles are some $44.99 Eclipse sets. Discounted to $22.50 > less 10% members card = $20.25 > less $8 coupon = $12.25. Nice deal!

Bear in mind that in the past I was told by a senior sales staff member that they can get in a lot of trouble if they screw up when doing the coupon redemption. All sales are trackable and she said they're given a reprimand (or worse) if they're found to made too many questionable transactions. Your pursuit of a deep bargain may lead to someone's downgrade.
Old 11-08-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I was able to use the $8 coupon today with my favorite cashier on "Fanny and Alexander"...with member discount and B&N MasterCard, came to $18.95 (MSRP is $59.99)
Old 11-08-11, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Laser will there be a 25% online code?
Old 11-08-11, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Laser will there be a 25% online code?
According to the coupon information it appears if there is a store and online coupon coming for members and all other customers. This is from the member coupon information below.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=10116

25% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or online at BN.com.
Old 11-08-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
I was able to use the $8 coupon today with my favorite cashier on "Fanny and Alexander"...with member discount and B&N MasterCard, came to $18.95 (MSRP is $59.99)
Shot down over here. Cashier said, "This isn't gonna work. The coupon only works on the 'current' BN price, which is $30 after the discount."
Old 11-08-11, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
I was able to use it too, which surprised me greatly because I anticipated a big problem with the cashier that was working (I winced when I walked in and saw it was her shift). But she was willing to scan it and it took. $20.66 w/ NYS tax, which I'm content with, given the msrp.

What also startled me is that the Am Ex coupon I had expected to use without a hitch got flagged. Not by the cashier, but by the computer. She called the manager to check, he said if the computer took it, it was OK with him, but a huge box popped up on screen that said "Limit One Per Customer". She assumed it meant they could only take one coupon per title/per transaction, but I'm not sure. I used it last week at another store, so maybe these specific coupons are being keyed to your specific account?
Old 11-08-11, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FunkDaddy J
Shot down over here. Cashier said, "This isn't gonna work. The coupon only works on the 'current' BN price, which is $30 after the discount."

If you go back on Thursday, you should at least get $6.75 off with the 25% off coupon.
Old 11-08-11, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I posted this in the BD thread but I figure I would post to see if anyone can answer my question.

I picked up Fanny and Alexander and was finally able to use an 8 off 40 coupon as it was originally 59.99. However, one of the reps said that she had never seen that coupon before and said that even though the coupon scans that they can be a customer created one. I explained to her that it was a legit coupon and in no way would I use a coupon like that and especially one where I then pay with my credit card. Do people really create fake coupons for B&N and why would their system even accept it?
Old 11-09-11, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I posted this in the BD thread but I figure I would post to see if anyone can answer my question.

I picked up Fanny and Alexander and was finally able to use an 8 off 40 coupon as it was originally 59.99. However, one of the reps said that she had never seen that coupon before and said that even though the coupon scans that they can be a customer created one. I explained to her that it was a legit coupon and in no way would I use a coupon like that and especially one where I then pay with my credit card. Do people really create fake coupons for B&N and why would their system even accept it?
You would have to create a valid barcode that works in their system. I guess you could take a barcode from another coupon but it might not match the offer or value listed on it. I think it would draw suspicion something is wrong with it.

I did find it's easy to generate a custom barcode for their unique code one use coupons, but they won't work since the code is not legit in their system.
Old 11-09-11, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got shot down on the $8 off F&A, but I just put it back on hold till the weekend. Then I'll try it again, and use the 25% off if I can't get the $8 one to work.
Old 11-09-11, 09:06 AM

I cant see 25%
Old 11-09-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zoran009
I cant see 25%
It's not live yet. Check back tomorrow.
Old 11-09-11, 10:15 AM

any idea if criterion sale running through the next set of coupons

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.