Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-13, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
However my thoughts are maybe B&N is setting themselves up for a lawsuit for false advertising from some customers who have purchased a membership and are not getting any of the email coupons. They would have a great case that B&N is not fulfilling that promise.
They would have no case, honestly. That lawsuit would go nowhere fast.
Old 03-21-13, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I'm somewhat convinced that B&N is purposefully not sending coupons to some percentage of member e-mail addresses. Whenever I place an order, the e-mail address attached to my account always gets the "expected ship date" and "your order has shipped" e-mails, yet I have NEVER received any member coupons at that e-mail address.

That makes no sense unless B&N is doing it on purpose, or their computer programmers are completely inept. (And yes, just to be safe, I have added every variation of the e-mail address B&N says to make sure is added to your address book to make sure you get special offers.)
Old 03-21-13, 11:29 AM
Cool New Member

I also never get coupons at my member email address (despite adjusting my account preferences online multiple times to receive emails), yet I receive them at a random email address I used once for a ship to home order placed at the store. Sure makes me not want to renew.
Old 03-21-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My one e-mail address has been completely shut down for at least 6 months. They don't even want to tell me about the Nook anymore. My mother, who goes twice a year at most still gets them though.
Old 03-21-13, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think its pretty easy to figure out. I bet they have a computer program that tells them which customers would be profitable based on past purchase history to distribute coupons.
Old 03-21-13, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I think its pretty easy to figure out. I bet they have a computer program that tells them which customers would be profitable based on past purchase history to distribute coupons.
I would argue that point. They've sent me coupons on accounts where I rarely buy anything (or haven't purchased anything at all). I think it is totally random system which stinks if you paid $25 for your membership.
Old 03-22-13, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think it's more likely they are sending coupons to email addresses with zero or very little purchase history in order to entice them to buy.
Old 03-22-13, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by illennium
They would have no case, honestly. That lawsuit would go nowhere fast.
Why? It wouldn't be too hard to prove. If they are going to promote the benefits of a membership and not deliver on their promised benefits it's fraudulent advertising.

One of the main reasons I purchased a membership before deciding not to renew last year was for the coupons. I purchased a membership for years, but B&N will no longer send any coupons to that email address I used for my membership account. After numerous calls to customer service I was never given a valid explanation. Even getting the emails restored a few times they eventually were stopped again. I'm certainly not going to pay for a membership if I'm not going to get anything, or have to worry they might cut me off anytime with no explanation for it.

Companies are sued all the time for dishonest practices. In California Best Buy was recently taken to court for false advertising and lost. They were accused of advertising one price at their stores, but charging more at the register. If B&N is going to charge me $25 for a membership with the promise of more coupons I think I'm entitled to at least get them.
Old 03-22-13, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I would argue that point. They've sent me coupons on accounts where I rarely buy anything (or haven't purchased anything at all).
I have no clue what method BN uses, but I'd point out that someone who rarely or never makes purchases is exactly the type of person they'd want to entice with a coupon.

Sending a 15% off coupon to someone who buys all the time just makes them lose 15%. Sending it to someone who never buys, gets them a purchase (and potential new return customer) that they wouldn't otherwise have.
Old 03-22-13, 12:02 PM

For the past few years, nearly all of my bn.com purchases have been with a coupon code for extra savings (the only exceptions being a few times when an item was discounted to a good enough price and had a "no coupons eligible" note attached to it).

Over the past year, I've bought far fewer items at bn.com because there have been fewer coupons AND I never get the unique-code, members-only coupons that offer a higher percentage off than the unique-code, non-members-only coupons.

Enticing the occasional/rare bn.com shopper with a big coupon might be good in the short term, but me regularly buying items with a coupon each time would still end up resulting in more money for bn.com.

Also, the lack of competitive pricing can't be helping bn.com, either. Amazon matches Best Buy and Target weekly ads, so it's very easy and convenient to order new releases/sale items from Amazon. Since bn.com never does that now, they never get my business for those items. In years past, the Top 100 DVDs were always at least 40% off (or more), but now the discounts aren't as good.

Look at the Game of Thrones S2 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. Amazon, Target and others had it for $29.99 on release week, but bn.com was selling it for $63.99 (yes, you got a free tote bag, but did that free gift really justify a price point $34 higher than everyone else?).
Old 03-26-13, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I looked around yesterday and today and didn't see any signs of any new 15% or 20% coupons for this week. This was the only Easter related coupon I saw.

Old 03-27-13, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Correction on the previous statement. There some new 20% and 15% coupons on the way.

Old 03-27-13, 08:28 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stev...kel/1110919329
http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Spielbe...dp/1402796501/
They had remainders of this massive cool Spielberg Retrospective book in store for 9.98.
Old 03-27-13, 08:38 PM
g

Will the children's 40 percent sale still be going when the coupons hit? There are a few of those that I'm interested in.
Old 03-27-13, 08:55 PM
g

Cool. I already bought Animaniacs 4 because I didn't think there was gonna be a coupon. But, I'll find something else to use it on.
Old 03-29-13, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have spare 15% coupons for anyone that needs one.
Old 03-29-13, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I have spare 15% coupons for anyone that needs one.
Thank you very much LASERMOVIES. Worked fine.
Old 03-29-13, 09:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..i'd like one if you have any left..thanks...
Old 03-29-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AMERICAN
..i'd like one if you have any left..thanks...
Check your PMs.
Old 03-30-13, 02:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could really use a coupon if anyone has an extra. It would be much appreciated.
Old 03-30-13, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I could really use a coupon if anyone has an extra. It would be much appreciated.
Check your pm. Also, I have several 15% off coupons to give away for people who need or want them.
Old 03-30-13, 09:00 AM

Looking for a coupon here as well.
Old 03-30-13, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Check your pm. Also, I have several 15% off coupons to give away for people who need or want them.
Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 03-30-13, 09:45 AM

I don't mean to be greedy, but I could sure use a second coupon if anyone has an extra.
Old 03-30-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheTony
Looking for a coupon here as well.
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I don't mean to be greedy, but I could sure use a second coupon if anyone has an extra.
Coupons sent. Check your PMs.

I still have a few more remaining.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.