Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LPMA
Hmm, I think it works out best if you have a membership and can get 10% off in store plus whatever coupons the clerk may be willing to stack.
Agree: 50% off MSRP - 10% Member Discount are automatic....get's you a $40 title for $18. Then, the YMMV enters the equation with the 15%, 20%, $5 off $50, and $8 off coupons.

Heady days are ahead!
Old 07-06-12, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the sale has been confirmed. Gold Rush will be mine. Last Days of Disco will be mine. Shallow Grave will be mine. On the bubble for The 39 Steps. Never seen it... Wish The Royal Tenenbaums and The Game would be out by then... Really excited about The Royal Tenenbaums because I attended the red carpet premiere. Walking down the red carpet was pretty awesome. I was even photographed with Gwyneth Paltrow, which can still be found on the internet.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 07-06-12 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-06-12, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeaaaaaa!
Old 07-07-12, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Glad the sale has been confirmed. Gold Rush will be mine. Last Days of Disco will be mine. Shallow Grave will be mine. On the bubble for The 39 Steps. Never seen it... Wish The Royal Tenenbaums and The Game would be out by then... Really excited about The Royal Tenenbaums because I attended the red carpet premiere. Walking down the red carpet was pretty awesome. I was even photographed with Gwyneth Paltrow, which can still be found on the internet.
you can get Shallow Grave, 39 Steps, and Gold Rush for $55.98+tax at bn.com right now. That's the same as the regular sale price and no worries on whether it's actually happening. worth the insurance of at least nabbing those for me so I bit the other day. Sadly only those 3 titles are $27.99 for some reason.
Old 07-07-12, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Agree: 50% off MSRP - 10% Member Discount are automatic....get's you a $40 title for $18. Then, the YMMV enters the equation with the 15%, 20%, $5 off $50, and $8 off coupons.

Heady days are ahead!
There is zero reason for them to exclude the % coupons. Those are good on anything in the store whether it's on sale or not. So at the very least there should be a 15% coupon to use...usually a 25% one shows up towards the end (after i've spent my load and have nothing left to get or money to get it with).
Old 07-07-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

So I went back to the store in Nutley NJ (actually Clifton) yesterday and while the alpha clerk I spoke to last week was gone, I asked his joyless, wage slave assistant "are there any sales coming next week?" and her reply was "the only sale we have going on is the Buy Two". Not what I asked and it made me think that sounded a lot like a rehersed, corporate non answer designed to not jepordize a potential immediate purchase. Was certain there wouldn't be one- now I'm leaning the other way. I hope there is 'cause I still want 39 Steps and can't find anything else I want at the price point to bundle with it for the B2G1
Old 07-07-12, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
So I went back to the store in Nutley NJ (actually Clifton) yesterday and while the alpha clerk I spoke to last week was gone, I asked his joyless, wage slave assistant "are there any sales coming next week?" and her reply was "the only sale we have going on is the Buy Two". Not what I asked and it made me think that sounded a lot like a rehersed, corporate non answer designed to not jepordize a potential immediate purchase. Was certain there wouldn't be one- now I'm leaning the other way. I hope there is 'cause I still want 39 Steps and can't find anything else I want at the price point to bundle with it for the B2G1
Over at blu-ray.com the general consensus is that the Criterion sale is a definite go with a start date of July 10.
Old 07-07-12, 12:29 PM

Yeah, it really makes no business sense to go "why buy now when you can cut away from our profit next week?"
Old 07-07-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brizz
You can get Shallow Grave, 39 Steps, and Gold Rush for $55.98+tax at bn.com right now.
You can also apply the $5 off $50 on that combo.

There is zero reason for them to exclude the % coupons. Those are good on anything in the store whether it's on sale or not.
I agree with you, but B&N staff can be very schizophrenic, and have denied coupons in the past. As always, hope springs eternal....
Old 07-07-12, 01:17 PM

I'm debating whether to get the By Brakhage set or not. It's pretty pricey, but it's also the only title where I'd be guaranteed to be able to use the 8$ off coupon and would come up to $28.80, which is only about $6 more than the priciest ones I am getting (The Leopard and Battle of Algiers). I feel it would be a nice addition to my collection, but am also afraid it will just sit there.
Old 07-07-12, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Just realized the Le Havre is supposed to come out on the July 31st--a day after the sale ends. I guess I'll get that one later. I'm just hoping for another sale thing where there is a glitch on the website that allows you to get a good deal.
Old 07-07-12, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

you can get Shallow Grave, 39 Steps, and Gold Rush for $55.98+tax at bn.com right now. That's the same as the regular sale price and no worries on whether it's actually happening. worth the insurance of at least nabbing those for me so I bit the other day. Sadly only those 3 titles are $27.99 for some reason.
Not a terrible idea, but I haven't committed to getting 39 Steps. I'm not a Criterion completest. I haven't decided if I want that one. I'll likely get the giant Hitchcock box set, so I'll have plenty of Hitchcock to view on BD later this year...
Old 07-08-12, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

No in store coupons yet for the Criterion Sale ? That is a disappointment. The store near me has already set up for display the Criterion discs which is the best proof the sale is about to happen. I also asked and they said it starts Monday but that seems at odds with what others on the board have heard.
Old 07-08-12, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ Hmmmm...I wonder if that's perhaps by design? Could be a "coupon-free" three weeks. We shall see.......
Old 07-08-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
^ Hmmmm...I wonder if that's perhaps by design? Could be a "coupon-free" three weeks. We shall see.......
I think next week looks promising for some new coupons. I already know a new $8 Blu-ray/DVD is coming soon. There is also a new Discover card 15% store/online coupon that might show up that is valid starting July 8. Also because there were no new coupons this weekend there is a good chance for some new ones next week. However I'm more concerned about coupons being allowed for the Criterion sale online. I would worry more about that possibly happening over the current coupon shortage.
Old 07-08-12, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
No in store coupons yet for the Criterion Sale ? That is a disappointment. The store near me has already set up for display the Criterion discs which is the best proof the sale is about to happen. I also asked and they said it starts Monday but that seems at odds with what others on the board have heard.
I was at BN today looking at the Criterion BD section when the sales associate asked if I were interested in Criterion discs. When I said yes, she said that the 50% off sale starts on Tuesday, July 10. When I asked when it will end, she wasn't sure so she got one of those thingamajig scanners and got a Criterion disc from a box. According to her, the scanner said the sale will last until July 30.

Old 07-09-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

All I want is Harold and Maude (BD), so as long as I get that I'm happy
Old 07-09-12, 09:43 AM
Cool New Member

For those who are thinking of staying up late tonight to try for an overlap purchase with the b2g1 sale, I'd follow these guidelines:

1. Don't choose big sets, it will flag the order as really large and it will likely be canceled
2. Only do one order, for 3 titles, any more than that will flag your purchase and it will likely be canceled
3. Choose titles that are in stock and titles that are unlikely to be in extremely high demand this sale (meaning don't put Harold & Maude and Being John Malkovich et al in this order, go for the Summer with Monika type of titles), the high demand titles could quickly sell out of current stock, making it likely your order will be canceled.
4. Have the three you want in your cart, so you can confirm now they're eligible for the b2g1
5. Don't use coupons on this order you'll just flag it for cancellation, you're getting three titles for 40 (or 30 if you're targeting $30 msrp titles) be happy with that.

All that means that an order is likely to process and ship on Tuesday morning (if you're a member) before overlap orders are completely purged.
Old 07-09-12, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by movielocke
For those who are thinking of staying up late tonight to try for an overlap purchase with the b2g1 sale, I'd follow these guidelines:

1. Don't choose big sets, it will flag the order as really large and it will likely be canceled
2. Only do one order, for 3 titles, any more than that will flag your purchase and it will likely be canceled
3. Choose titles that are in stock and titles that are unlikely to be in extremely high demand this sale (meaning don't put Harold & Maude and Being John Malkovich et al in this order, go for the Summer with Monika type of titles), the high demand titles could quickly sell out of current stock, making it likely your order will be canceled.
4. Have the three you want in your cart, so you can confirm now they're eligible for the b2g1
5. Don't use coupons on this order you'll just flag it for cancellation, you're getting three titles for 40 (or 30 if you're targeting $30 msrp titles) be happy with that.

All that means that an order is likely to process and ship on Tuesday morning (if you're a member) before overlap orders are completely purged.
I tried looking for an overlap last time. There was never an opportunity for it. As soon as the Criterion sale started they were no longer B2G1 eligible, even though that sale did overlap. I did not try having them in my cart before hand, however.
Old 07-09-12, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by movielocke

All the titles I want no longer have a Buy 2 Get 1 comment listed with them. They did yesterday so it looks like no overlap this time.
Old 07-09-12, 12:06 PM

I managed to get three in my cart with the B2G1 still applied, we'll see what happens!
Old 07-09-12, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I think next week looks promising for some new coupons. I already know a new $8 Blu-ray/DVD is coming soon.
That would be cool. David Lean BD box for $37 after member discount and coupon would be sweet.
Old 07-09-12, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LPMA
I managed to get three in my cart with the B2G1 still applied, we'll see what happens!
I have 21 I may just roll the dice and order all of them.
Old 07-09-12, 01:02 PM
Cool New Member

and if there is no overlap, it may be worth trying for a few preorders of august/september titles tonight.
Old 07-09-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like this week is the return of the surprise coupons.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=10651

Surprise Savings Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address at any Barnes & Noble retail store or online at BN.com.

Discount will be revealed at checkout.  You may choose not to complete your transaction after seeing your discount and before paying.

This coupon is valid from July 12, 2012 and expires in stores July 15, 2012 at close of business, or for orders placed online, at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time July 16, 2012, while supplies last.

This coupon entitles you to one of the following discounts: 10%, 15%, 20%, 30% or 50% off the one eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), and NOOK Periodicals), NOOKŪ devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.