Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Kevy
Hopefully we can get one of our fellow forum members to let us know if they
have tried and what the result was. Maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part.
But I am hoping that the code is more of a head fake to prevent multiple use in store.
I'm not sure if it is true or not but I did see someone post at fatwallet claiming the store coupons were multiple use. They currently had a link up for a 30% store coupon. If someone can confirm they could do it maybe we could get a 30% to 50% store coupon posted here.
Old 10-27-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Wouldn't they need to go to the store, try it and find out what the % off is first? (Essentially "take one for the team?")
Old 10-27-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Wouldn't they need to go to the store, try it and find out what the % off is first? (Essentially "take one for the team?")
Yeah you would have to know the value of the coupon. I might try it myself since I'm going to be near a B&N store this evening. I could test the 30% I saw at fatwallet and see if it still scans since it probably has been used many times already. I have no intention of buying anything but would like to know if the coupon is still coming up valid as a test.
Old 10-27-11, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to sign up for membership, and according to the first post I need to have done that by Oct. 26 to be able to use the member coupons (i.e. $8 off blu-ray). Can I still sign up and use those? Has anyone signed up outside the designated period and gotten the coupons to work before?
Old 10-27-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by georgec
I forgot to sign up for membership, and according to the first post I need to have done that by Oct. 26 to be able to use the member coupons (i.e. $8 off blu-ray). Can I still sign up and use those? Has anyone signed up outside the designated period and gotten the coupons to work before?
As long as the coupon is still valid the dates don't seem to matter when you purchased the membership. Also there should be a new $8 coupon coming very soon to eventually replace the current one that expires on November 21.
Old 10-27-11, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
As long as the coupon is still valid the dates don't seem to matter when you purchased the membership. Also there should be a new $8 coupon coming very soon to eventually replace the current one that expires on November 21.
Thanks for the response. I tried the coupon code at BN.com for new membership and sure enough it said it's not eligible, since it's past the 26th.

I'm sure the coupon will work, the only deterrent is the cautious employees who read the fine print and want to confirm the membership began during the specified dates.

Do you think another code for membership coupons will show up soon, say in the next week? Otherwise I'll probably just sign up now to be ready for the sale!
Old 10-27-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

^ FWIW, I have never had an employee check the date of my membership.
Old 10-27-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the response. I tried the coupon code at BN.com for new membership and sure enough it said it's not eligible, since it's past the 26th.

I'm sure the coupon will work, the only deterrent is the cautious employees who read the fine print and want to confirm the membership began during the specified dates.

Do you think another code for membership coupons will show up soon, say in the next week? Otherwise I'll probably just sign up now to be ready for the sale!
I'm expecting the new coupon by next week around Monday or Tuesday.
Old 10-27-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

The code shown under the barcode of your in-store coupon is the same as the online code you are given, so I assume that in-store coupon is the same percentage as your online code.
Old 10-28-11, 01:23 AM

Managed to get a 30% member and a 20% non-member. Might head on over there this weekend and pick up something that I don't quite know yet what.
Old 10-28-11, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If a person gets real lucky and gets a 30 or 50 percent sent to them.
Can the coupon be used multiple times in store(s)? I know it will only
work once online. But I was wondering if you can get multiple use in
the brick and mortar. Thanks in advance for any info.
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Good question. I've never tried one of these one use coupons at store to find out if they can be used multiple times. However I would imagine if B&N went through all the trouble to come up with this system there must be a way they can prevent them from being used over and over at stores.
Hopefully we can get one of our fellow forum members to let us know if they
have tried and what the result was. Maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part.
But I am hoping that the code is more of a head fake to prevent multiple use in store.
Going back to your original question I can now confirm the store coupons are also single use. I tested a coupon that was used at least once at a store and it came up already redeemed when I attempted to use it again.
Old 10-28-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I could use a 30% or 50% code if anyone has one they won't be using. PM me if you do. Thanks.

Last edited by jwstl; 10-28-11 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-28-11, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
I could a 30% or 50% code if anyone has one they won't be using.
I think you accidentally a word.
Old 10-28-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Indeed I did. Thanks.

Anyone found any particularly good deals?
Old 10-28-11, 04:47 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwstl
I could a 30% or 50% code if anyone has one they won't be using.
Old 10-28-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So can the coupon be used once online and once in-store or just once overall?
Old 10-28-11, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

According to the promo terms:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or online at BN.com.
it sounds like it's either/or. Whether that's actually enforced by their system or not, I don't know.
Old 10-28-11, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Todd B.
According to the promo terms:

it sounds like it's either/or. Whether that's actually enforced by their system or not, I don't know.
Yes it is enforced online and at stores. The coupons are basically throw away codes that can be redeemed once in their system.
Old 10-28-11, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks

That's too bad. I wonder if there is any lag at all. Like if you buy something in the store and already have the code in your cart online, but not redeemed, then try to purchase the online item like a minute later if it would work.
Old 10-28-11, 08:48 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

You'd probably have to have a smart phone or tablet and push the button on your order at the right second when you are purchasing in the store.
Old 10-28-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by g
You'd probably have to have a smart phone or tablet and push the button on your order at the right second when you are purchasing in the store.
Yeah.

I am mainly asking because I was able to get a 50% coupon in one of my accounts. But the items I would be more likely to want would be online, so I am not sure I want to risk not getting that item and instead only getting the in-store one if there is no lag.
Old 10-29-11, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got emailed a 30% coupon, used it online on the new 2-disc Zombie DVD (priced at $17.99 before the coupon).
Old 10-30-11, 02:25 PM

If you get a BN Member card in store, do you really need to give them a debit/credit card? Because that's what it says on the brochure.

I was planning on getting one for the criterion sale; to use in store only and pay in cash.
Old 10-30-11, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beer me
If you get a BN Member card in store, do you really need to give them a debit/credit card? Because that's what it says on the brochure.

I was planning on getting one for the criterion sale; to use in store only and pay in cash.
I always purchase my memberships online and don't have a answer. I don't see why cash would be a problem but I'm not setting their rules and policies. You would have to ask the store about your actual payment options.

However maybe they want a credit or debit card on file in case a customer may want to have the membership automatically renewed each year. I know online they like to get you roped in with the automatic renewals with the memberships. I always make sure to uncheck the automatic renewal box since I like having control and making the decision myself.
Old 10-30-11, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So will there be any (non-AmEx) 20% or above coupons to use for the Criterion sale?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.