Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I ran across this link that might be useful if you have a Borders Plus membership.
Thanks. I wish I could use it to extend my current membership but it says it doesn't apply if you already have a B&N membership. I think I used a different email address for Borders so I'll just try and get a second membership.
Old 10-12-11, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the code Laser. If I only would have checked the thread sooner
Old 10-12-11, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Thanks for the code Laser. If I only would have checked the thread sooner
It's already expired. Unfortunately didn't get much notice it was coming until this morning. I did see the coupon information Monday and didn't mention it earlier because I thought it might end up like last week with the 50% coupon that never materialized.
Old 10-12-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are we to assume that when B&N has one of these time sensitive coupons that it's always EST? I looked, but didn't see a time zone listed for the coupon today.
Old 10-12-11, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Are we to assume that when B&N has one of these time sensitive coupons that it's always EST? I looked, but didn't see a time zone listed for the coupon today.
I think that's a safe assumption. I seem to remember all their expirations in the past were in Eastern time.

I did get seasons one and 2 of Sanctuary on Blu-ray for 15.74 each plus tax using the code. If I don't like them I'm sure I can get close to that on Amazon Marketplace.
Old 10-12-11, 05:58 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Blu ray forum said it was eastern. Probably always is at they are based in NY. Their regular coupons consider pacific time.
Old 10-12-11, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
If it doesn't say anything specifically on the coupon I would always assume eastern time. It went live around 12 PM ET, so it expired on time since it was a little after 6 PM ET when it came up expired for me.
Old 10-13-11, 03:17 PM
Cool New Member

I ran across this link that might be useful if you have a Borders Plus membership.

I found out from Barnes and Noble Customer Service that if you are even a previous member, they will not give you a free trial membership. I got the two month free trial last December and they told me I'm out of luck because of that. I think that is kind of ridiculous overall and may alienate some people.
Old 10-13-11, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 452 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by EuphoriaSU
I found out from Barnes and Noble Customer Service that if you are even a previous member, they will not give you a free trial membership. I got the two month free trial last December and they told me I'm out of luck because of that. I think that is kind of ridiculous overall and may alienate some people.
Just use a different e-mail address to sign-up. (And possibly a different credit card. Virtual/disposable credit card numbers would come in handy here.)
Old 10-14-11, 02:40 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Just use a different e-mail address to sign-up. (And possibly a different credit card. Virtual/disposable credit card numbers would come in handy here.)
I don't mean for the trial membership you can get for two months. As a Border Rewards member you are entitled to a free membership until 1/31/2012 because BN bought the customer list from Borders. If you are a current or have had a membership with B&N they will not give you a membership for your Borders Rewards Plus membership which I think is ridiculous. I am a little annoyed about that overall as I have considered purchasing the B&N membership but held off. Nowhere in any email does it state you can't even be a previous member of B&N to be eligible. Frustrating overall.
Old 10-15-11, 01:52 PM

Laser any 20% off coming soon?
Old 10-15-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Won't know until next week.
Old 10-17-11, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Laser any 20% off coming soon?
Okay look for some new ones later in the week valid from Oct. 20 through Oct 24. Might be able to find them a day or two earlier.
Old 10-18-11, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EuphoriaSU
I don't mean for the trial membership you can get for two months. As a Border Rewards member you are entitled to a free membership until 1/31/2012 because BN bought the customer list from Borders. If you are a current or have had a membership with B&N they will not give you a membership for your Borders Rewards Plus membership which I think is ridiculous. I am a little annoyed about that overall as I have considered purchasing the B&N membership but held off. Nowhere in any email does it state you can't even be a previous member of B&N to be eligible. Frustrating overall.
Soooo, can't you still just use a different email address to get the "former Borders Rewards member" free membership? Or do you have to use the same email you used with Border Rewards Plus?
Old 10-19-11, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I'll use the next 20% off coupon to get Clone Wars S3 BD. B&N will have the best price on it, with 20% off ($37.09, before cashback)
Old 10-19-11, 12:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Soooo, can't you still just use a different email address to get the "former Borders Rewards member" free membership? Or do you have to use the same email you used with Border Rewards Plus?
My Borders Reward membership was tied to the email that I used the free trial membership for. When I called the first thing they said was yes you have a Borders Reward membership but you also had a free trial membership so no dice. B&N sent out an email for those eligible Border Rewards members. I never got one.
Old 10-19-11, 01:07 PM

Okay look for some new ones later in the week valid from Oct. 20 through Oct 24. Might be able to find them a day or two earlier.
Chance they'll be a 20% membership coupon during the Criterion sale?

It would be nice to stack a few coupons on top of my membership discount and 50% off sale.

$5 off $50 and 20% would make for a nice run. Would make three around $48 after tax.
Old 10-19-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Louisville S
Chance they'll be a 20% membership coupon during the Criterion sale?

It would be nice to stack a few coupons on top of my membership discount and 50% off sale.

$5 off $50 and 20% would make for a nice run. Would make three around $48 after tax.
I expect there will be at least 20% coupons during the sale, but I'm hoping the 25% coupons might start showing up by then.
Old 10-19-11, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New batch of store coupons are now available. I'll update the first page with all the new coupons.

Old 10-20-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the new coupons, Laser! Clone Wars S3 on BD has been ordered!
Old 10-21-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
My suspicion is they are no longer giving rebates on orders on which a coupon was used. And that's pretty much all of mine.
I finally got around to calling customer service this morning to ask about the missing cashback. My experience seemed to be a lot different than yours. I got a very helpful woman that at least appeared to know what she was doing. I explained what happened and she quickly calculated what I should have received. She put me on hold for a while to check into the matter. When she came back she asked that I wait until the next billing cycle to make sure B&N posts the cashback. She claimed it could take a couple of cycles but was concerned something was wrong since they already gave me 20 cents on the last statement. However she said if nothing posts by the next cycle she would go into my account and manually credit me for the missing amount. Gave me her name and ID, and said to call back next month after the deadline if I don't see the updated credit. Hopefully she keeps her word. Also glad they are not requiring me to send faxes.
Well I have an update on the cashback problems with Discover card. I talked with a supervisor today who confirmed their policy is not to give cashback if you use a coupon on a order at B&N. She said it's written in the terms and disclosure on their web site. Specifically she quoted the offer is not valid in combination with any other offer. Looks like you were correct jwstl. I suppose this is going to be the new trend with the other cashback web sites when it comes to B&N coupons and earning cashback. If one does it all probably will follow soon.

I was also supposed to get about a $12 cashback credit by my next Discover card statement and of course that came and went without receiving it. Now I'm told I have to wait until the next statement in November before it will post. I think if I ever get it I'm going to cash out and cancel my card. I might as well stick with my B&N Mastercard that gives me a 5% rebate directly on my statement with each B&N purchase when I use it.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-21-11 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-21-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well I have an update on the cashback problems with Discover card. I talked with a supervisor today who confirmed their policy is not to give cashback if you use a coupon on a order at B&N. She said it's written in the terms and disclosure on their web site. Specifically she quoted the offer is not valid in combination with any another offer. Looks like you were correct jwstl. I suppose this is going to be the new trend with the other cashback web sites when it comes to B&N coupons and earning cashback. If one does it all probably will follow soon.

I was also supposed to get about a $12 cashback credit by my next Discover card statement and of course that came and went without receiving it. Now I'm told I have to wait until the next statement in November before it will post. I think if I ever get it I'm going to cash out and cancel my card. I might as well stick with my B&N Mastercard that gives me a 5% rebate directly on my statement with each B&N purchase when I use it.
Thanks for the confirmation. I can't say I'm surprised but it still makes me mad. I know in months past I've received the cash back on orders on which coupons were used but in the last few months nothing. I'll still keep my card but I certainly won't be using it as much.
Old 10-21-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for the update. I am going to call about my missing cashback, then cash out and cancel my Discover Card (after having it for about 12 years). I'll post an update here in case they offer to rectify the problem.
Old 10-21-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
Thanks for the confirmation. I can't say I'm surprised but it still makes me mad. I know in months past I've received the cash back on orders on which coupons were used but in the last few months nothing. I'll still keep my card but I certainly won't be using it as much.
I just got my Discover card around the last Criterion sale. The first month I used it I was getting most of my cashback from B&N using coupons, but the following couple of months it stopped. The CSR I spoke with last month promised to credit me for the missing cashback during August, but didn't mention the coupon restriction. I suppose she didn't know. I would assume this is a new policy since it didn't seem to be an issue before with anyone.

When I spoke to the supervisor today she kept inquiring if I had a membership, or had another discount on the purchases. I mentioned I had a membership, but didn't see why that matters since they quit offering member discounts online over a year ago. Then she asked about coupons, which I acknowledged using. That's when she said B&N will not approve cashback on purchases with coupons and pointed out the restriction in the terms. I don't know if that was there all along, but if it was they must not have ever enforced it before.
Old 10-21-11, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I cancelled my Discover card some years back, after being a charter cardholder with them for over 20 years. There was a discrepancy about my applying for a new travel card they were offering and they insisted they could not override their computer to resolve it. When the supervisor told me they can NEVER override their computer for any reason I started to get a little Hal 9000 creeped out and stopped dealing with them entirely. They didn't even try to make me stay after all those years and now I sometimes get a "We Miss You" invitation to sign up, but without any incentives at all! Fuck em. I haven't missed their card in the least.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.