Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

BN.com customer service is the worst of any store. I already decided to cancel my membership after it expires 12/31. But my Dad has a membership, so I can still use his # in-store. I'll just lose the online benefits, unless I make him order something for me...
Old 12-02-09, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by haroldS
There seems to be a problem again with the Bing cashback. I place two seperate B & N orders through Bing over the weekend. Both shipped and neither were recognized or credited by Bing.
Seems like a few people are also having problems with Bing at Walmart. Usually B&N orders get credited after they ship. If you contact Bing they are very quick in responding and looking into the problem. I've had goodluck getting missing cashback with their help.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
BN.com customer service is the worst of any store. I already decided to cancel my membership after it expires 12/31. But my Dad has a membership, so I can still use his # in-store. I'll just lose the online benefits, unless I make him order something for me...
I always thought Buy.com had the worst customer service of any online store I encountered. I refuse to order from them anymore, even if they have the best price. I don't want to risk having an order go bad and having to contact them.

While I never thought B&N customer service is the best, they usually were helpful most of the time for me. They were good at doing exchanges if anything I ordered was damaged, or if the wrong item was sent, which occasionally happened with a few orders. However they are terrible at correcting pricing errors on an order. It is easier to either dispute the charges, or return it for a refund instead of fighting with a CSR. Also it is better to call instead of emailing for help. Emailing takes too long to get a response.

I'm still deciding whether I'm going to renew my membership, which expired at the end of November. I'm mostly unhappy there are fewer online coupons. Seems new coupons are more hit and miss for me now. Several times when I needed a coupon there were none, and times I didn't there were several available. I preferred when there was a constant supply of new coupons around.
Old 12-02-09, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm still deciding whether I'm going to renew my membership, which expired at the end of November.
That'd be too bad for those who really appreciate the effort you've put into maintaining this particular thread; but it's understandable. Personally, I've decided to hold on to my new initial membership because it paid for itself many times over with the Criterions (30+) I just bought.
Old 12-03-09, 02:33 PM

Lasermovies, you are right, Bing is good at correcting their mistakes, though sometimes they are slow and try to find excuses to make a requester wait. Today, I got credited for a B & N purchase I hadn't complained about yet, though only after I complained about another uncredited purchase.

More important, like other people who have commented, regular reader really appreciate Lasermovies time and effert spent updating the coupons. This is one of the most consistantly popular threads in the Bargains Forum. While I can't determine whether a individual should renew a membership, it is probable many memberships were only renewed because of Lasermovies efforts.
Old 12-03-09, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
That's a miracle! I have NEVER gotten through on their support line. By far the worst CS I've ever seen. The fact that it doesn't allow you to continue to wait, but hangs up on you after 3 'attempts' is infuriating.

Clearly the $25 membership fee does not go toward improving CS.
Lol. I think the problem is that your Canadian. That customer service number only works in the United States. I made the same mistake you did (I'm also Canadian) and kept trying to call that number and it would ring a few times then disconnect. I had to google their phone number for international customers, which worked perfectly. The sales agents have always been great. I don't know why they have multiple phone numbers...oh well.
Old 12-04-09, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,196 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by IanUngstad
Lol. I think the problem is that your Canadian. That customer service number only works in the United States. I made the same mistake you did (I'm also Canadian) and kept trying to call that number and it would ring a few times then disconnect. I had to google their phone number for international customers, which worked perfectly. The sales agents have always been great. I don't know why they have multiple phone numbers...oh well.
That would be funny, but I do get through. I get 3 levels of "All of our representatives are busy. Your call is important to us." type messages, and then after the third one it hangs up.

I would expect that it would be possible to get through on the international number, as they wouldn't want people to have to keep calling long distance and having to hold. I just didn't want to have to pay for the call.
Old 12-07-09, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't believe this pops up today and says it is already expired. I'm hoping the expiration date is an error.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...p?promoid=7011

Store Coupon 100551 and Online Coupon E3A4N7F Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once online at bn.com. Your MasterCard(R) card must be used for entire transaction for discount to apply.

This coupon expires December 7, 2009 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The additional 30% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including the standard Member discount, are applied.
Old 12-08-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added a couple of new 25% store coupons I just ran across.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-08-09 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-08-09, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe this pops up today and says it is already expired. I'm hoping the expiration date is an error.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...p?promoid=7011

Store Coupon 100551 and Online Coupon E3A4N7F Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once online at bn.com. Your MasterCard(R) card must be used for entire transaction for discount to apply.

This coupon expires December 7, 2009 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.
I just tried it for the hell of it, and it indeed comes up as expired. Yeah, that blows. I would have used it for sure...
Old 12-08-09, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seems like a few people are also having problems with Bing at Walmart. Usually B&N orders get credited after they ship. If you contact Bing they are very quick in responding and looking into the problem. I've had goodluck getting missing cashback with their help.
I've never had a WM Bing problem. All 4 of my recent orders (with 20% cashback!!!) showed up in my account. NONE of my 5 deepdiscount orders were in my account, so I had to submit those manually, but otherwise no issues with Bing for me...
Old 12-08-09, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just tried it for the hell of it, and it indeed comes up as expired. Yeah, that blows. I would have used it for sure...
I find it strange there was no evidence the coupon was coming until the same day it says it was to expire. When I Googled the coupon code I got zero hits of anyone else posting it. If there was a printable store coupon I never saw it. It sucks not getting to use it. It would have been hard to resist a 30% coupon that appears would have been valid for DVDs.
Old 12-08-09, 03:17 PM

LASER, Thanks for the new 25% COUPON!!!
Old 12-08-09, 03:17 PM

I find it strange there was no evidence the coupon was coming until the same day it says it was to expire. When I Googled the coupon code I got zero hits of anyone else posting it. If there was a printable store coupon I never saw it. It sucks not getting to use it. It would have been hard to resist a 30% coupon that appears would have been valid for DVDs.
Indeed it would. My membership expired last month and it might have been the trigger to rejoin.
Old 12-08-09, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by aznboy
LASER, Thanks for the new 25% COUPON!!!
Crap! I just got back from ordering Band of Brothers BD. This would have been a better deal than the $5 off coupon that I used. Appreciate your effort, nonetheless!
Old 12-08-09, 09:42 PM

I tried to cancel my membership over the phone the other day as it has not been 30 days yet, but CS told me she can't do it over the phone because I had used it in the past 30 days...? Also, something about not having a credit card on file so she couldn't cancel it anyway and that I should try by going into a store to cancel it. Has that happened to anybody else?
Old 12-08-09, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AmonTwin
I tried to cancel my membership over the phone the other day as it has not been 30 days yet, but CS told me she can't do it over the phone because I had used it in the past 30 days...? Also, something about not having a credit card on file so she couldn't cancel it anyway and that I should try by going into a store to cancel it. Has that happened to anybody else?
No. I canceled a membership last year without issue. You have to cancel it in-store if you purchased it in-store. But if you purchased it online, you have to call... Nothing in the rules says that you can't get your money back if you have used it. It says cancel anytime in the first 30 days for your money back. I would have forced the issue with her...
Old 12-08-09, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmonTwin
I had a similar problem the woman told me that my card was not on file...even though I had used it multiple times online.
In fact I had to call back 3 days later as I did not see the credit on my credit card.It did finally show up I guess it can take 48-72 hours for the refund to post????.....well that's what they told me.
Old 12-09-09, 07:05 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

This may seem like a silly question, but if I were to just print off the 25% off coupons on regular paper, would that do suffice?
Old 12-09-09, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
This may seem like a silly question, but if I were to just print off the 25% off coupons on regular paper, would that do suffice?
Yes, that's right.
Old 12-09-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Neat, thanks LASERMOVIES. It'll be worth hopping into the store for some Christmas gifts with that coupon.
Old 12-10-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received the following email offer using Paypal. Thought I would mention it here since B&N.com offers Paypal as a payment option.

Edit to add: I guess this isn't transferable after reading through the email. You have to receive the email to qualify. However I almost deleted it since there was no indication there was a $10 off first purchase offer inside. If you receive email solicitations from Paypal you may want to check them before deleting.

Choose Bill Me Later at check out on PayPal and get up to $10 off your first purchase and make no payments until April 2010 when you pay with Bill Me Later. Offer expires 12/31/09.

Bill Me Later is the great new payment choice that lets you shop now, and pay for your purchases later.*

Next time you checkout at eBay or any participating PayPal+ store simply...

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-10-09 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-10-09, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 420 Likes on 319 Posts

used the coupon to get the Sync Up game. Thanks!
Old 12-10-09, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,196 Likes on 830 Posts

Dammit! They keep putting out 25% coupons for in-store use, only. Not a lot of use for those of us that don't live near a B&N store.
Old 12-11-09, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by andicus
Dammit! They keep putting out 25% coupons for in-store use, only. Not a lot of use for those of us that don't live near a B&N store.
I'm surprised with all the 25% in store coupons showing up they have not issued at least a few online coupons. Even though I live fairly close to a store I prefer to order online myself.

If it's any consolation there is an online 20% coupon coming next week for all customers. Looks like that might be as close as it's going to get to a 25% online coupon.
Old 12-11-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Laser, OT here, but would you consider starting a WBSHOP thread similar to this. I have 2 accounts with them and never get codes. I noticed you have posted codes in other threads from them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.