Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept


Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now


















Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 10-29-10, 05:43 PM
  #2276  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
Thanks for the 50% hardcover bestsellers coupon. I stopped by the local B&N today to pick up the new Keith Richards book. The woman at the counter asked if I realize it was 50% off the list price. I told her I did, but the coupon took 50% off the already discounted (40% off for members) price. She seemed surprised, but let it go. I was prepared to pay $14.99 plus tax, but walked out with the book for $8.99 plus tax.
That's interesting. Wonder how many stores would honor 50% off the sale price instead of list.

Originally Posted by dino88
I went ahead and signed up for the 2 month trial membership. I bought House (Criterion blu-ray), which was only $23.99 and used the $5 coupon. I know I could have saved a few bucks if I would have waited for the sale, but I needed to buy something to get the membership. $20 for a newly released Criterion and a 2 month membership isn't too bad.

Does anyone know where I would go on the website to cancel the membership when the time comes? I looked around in the My Account section, but I couldn't find anything about the membership.
Here is the information on how cancel your membership with the free 2 month offer I copied below from the fine print.

The Free two-month Membership may be cancelled at any time prior to the expiration date of the Free two-month Membership and your credit card will not be charged. In such case, the Free two-month Membership will expire as of the date of cancellation. You can cancel the Free two-month Membership (i) by notifying Member Services by telephone, at 866-238-READ, or (ii) by electing to cancel your Membership through an authenticated www.bn.com account.
Old 10-29-10, 05:53 PM
  #2277  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 7,071
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I guess I'll have to cancel by phone, because I can't find out where to do it on the website. Thanks Laser

edit: I think I found it. It's at the very bottom under "B&N Serivces-B&N Membership-Manage Your Profile". When I click "Access My Profile" I get a timed out message, so maybe the membership is just too new. At least I know where to go when the time comes.

Last edited by dino88; 10-29-10 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-30-10, 01:57 AM
  #2278  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,459
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
I stopped by the local B&N today to pick up the new Keith Richards book...
Supposed to be a real unexpected treasure, according to some reviews and word of mouth. Not what you'd expect from a seemingly "burnt out" rocker.
Old 10-31-10, 01:34 AM
  #2279  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I just placed a small order last night, and my shipping is via that "Argix Direct" deal they have. I don't know about any of you, but my experience with Argix Direct is that it takes an interminable amount of time to actually receive your package.

If this is the "Free Express Shipping" they instituted to replace the 10% member discount, it is yet another example of how the B&N membership has been further devalued.
I just had an order ship that is using the same service. I'm wondering if B&N has decided to switch exclusively to them over UPS. I had four orders ship in September and they all used UPS. Since I've ordered from B&N well over 90% of my orders have been by UPS, with a few by USPS for mainly smaller items like CDs. This is the only order I had ship in October, and the first with Argix. I have no experience with their shipping to make a comment yet. I guess I will soon find out how they compare to UPS. It looks like they eventually dump your package off at the post office for them to make the actual delivery. This must be a cost saving move by B&N. They may regret it during the holiday rush.
Old 10-31-10, 06:18 PM
  #2280  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I just had an order ship that is using the same service. I'm wondering if B&N has decided to switch exclusively to them over UPS. I had four orders ship in September and they all used UPS. Since I've ordered from B&N well over 90% of my orders have been by UPS, with a few by USPS for mainly smaller items like CDs. This is the only order I had ship in October, and the first with Argix. I have no experience with their shipping to make a comment yet. I guess I will soon find out how they compare to UPS. It looks like they eventually dump your package off at the post office for them to make the actual delivery. This must be a cost saving move by B&N. They may regret it during the holiday rush.
I don't think I've received UPS shipping from them in some time. Yes, Argix Direct is just a Post Office dump. I got my package last week. It took about as long as if they had shipped it standard 1st Class. Free Express Shipping indeed.
Old 10-31-10, 06:21 PM
  #2281  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Just to be clear, it doesn't appear there are any worthwhile online coupons to use on the upcoming Criterion sale....correct?

In other words, for a member holding $5 coupons, almost every title with a list price under $70 would be cheaper in store with the 10% membership discount + $5 coupon.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-10, 06:33 PM
  #2282  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bunkaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago West Suburbs
Posts: 16,391
Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Interesting info on Argix. I just started ordering from BN and didn't know they used to have UPS. I'm not impressed so far with Argix. Two packages that went out early Wednesday still aren't here. Not very "express".
Old 10-31-10, 06:58 PM
  #2283  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^ Oh yes, they used to have free UPS shipping for orders over $25.....used to get my orders the next day!
Old 10-31-10, 07:39 PM
  #2284  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Just to be clear, it doesn't appear there are any worthwhile online coupons to use on the upcoming Criterion sale....correct?

In other words, for a member holding $5 coupons, almost every title with a list price under $70 would be cheaper in store with the 10% membership discount + $5 coupon.

Thanks.
If the Criterion sale starts online tomorrow there might not be many coupons available. Most of the current coupons are set to expire tonight, and by tomorrow only 2 will remain on the list. Hopefully a new batch will show up very soon. I was expecting another $5 coupon but so far it has not shown up. In fact it is a little overdue. I was hoping to find it by the end of last week.
Old 10-31-10, 07:40 PM
  #2285  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
sumdeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,040
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Just to be clear, it doesn't appear there are any worthwhile online coupons to use on the upcoming Criterion sale....correct?

In other words, for a member holding $5 coupons, almost every title with a list price under $70 would be cheaper in store with the 10% membership discount + $5 coupon.

Thanks.
Last time all online coupons were shut down after a few hours for the Criterion sale, so the only way to use coupons was in-store. Regardless, even if coupons were able to be used online the 10% member discount in-store would make in-store purchases cheaper.
Old 10-31-10, 07:46 PM
  #2286  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If the Criterion sale starts online tomorrow there might not be many coupons available. Most of the current coupons are set to expire tonight, and by tomorrow only 2 will remain on the list. Hopefully a new batch will show up very soon. I was expecting another $5 coupon but so far it has not shown up. In fact it is a little overdue. I was hoping to find it by the end of last week.
Yes, the current $5 coupon expires 11/28, which is good enough for me to hit my three stores over three weeks to get everything I want. I was just curious if there was some combo of online coupon + special discount (e.g. Library Store), which could make online purchases the same or better than in-store.

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Last time all online coupons were shut down after a few hours for the Criterion sale, so the only way to use coupons was in-store. Regardless, even if coupons were able to be used online the 10% member discount in-store would make in-store purchases cheaper.
Yes, I recall that, and I just wanted to be ready in case the same window was open this time as well. For some reason, I seem to remember some coupon/discount combo last time which made $50 titles cheaper online than in-store.
Old 10-31-10, 09:14 PM
  #2287  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Yes, the current $5 coupon expires 11/28, which is good enough for me to hit my three stores over three weeks to get everything I want. I was just curious if there was some combo of online coupon + special discount (e.g. Library Store), which could make online purchases the same or better than in-store.
When the previous sales started there where always 2 different $5 coupons available. There is a short overlap period with the coupons before one will expire. Looks like this time we could only have the one unless the next $5 coupon shows up in the next few days. The current coupon at least doesn't expire until after the sale if over, which is good, but some stores could frown on trying to use multiple copies of the same coupon on one visit. Could mean fewer DVDs per transaction unless there are more store coupons available in the near future.

I doubt any coupons will be available that will stack with the bookstore links, unless there is a special coupon issued for a specific link like the library, AAA, or military. It's possible B&N may do that during the holiday shopping season but not definite. B&N killed off combining regular coupons with the links during the last Criterion sale. I'm not very optimistic on the deals online being nearly as good as the B&N stores for the Criterion sale this time. Probably the best option for online shoppers is to place orders through the Library or AAA links without coupons to save an additional 10% off.
Old 10-31-10, 11:28 PM
  #2288  
Senior Member
 
CardiffGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 755
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Sale is active. I tried the major coupons with DVDs and BDs without any luck.
Old 11-01-10, 02:15 PM
  #2289  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Nice! Just ran across information on the new $5 coupon this afternoon. Have the online code but need to look for the store coupons if they are available yet.

Also found out some more 15% and 10% store coupons are due on November 4. I think I should be able to add them to the list soon.
Old 11-01-10, 04:48 PM
  #2290  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
ProfessorEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Middle, Nowhere
Posts: 2,016
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm not very optimistic on the deals online being nearly as good as the B&N stores for the Criterion sale this time. Probably the best option for online shoppers is to place orders through the Library or AAA links without coupons to save an additional 10% off.
That means I am once again S.O.L. since there are no B&N stores near me that sell DVDs, just books. Looks like I'll sit this sale out yet again. There were only three titles I was interested in anyway. Oh well, have fun everybody!
Old 11-01-10, 06:35 PM
  #2291  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
That means I am once again S.O.L. since there are no B&N stores near me that sell DVDs, just books. Looks like I'll sit this sale out yet again. There were only three titles I was interested in anyway. Oh well, have fun everybody!
You can still get a decent deal online. Obviously not as good as a store with the $5 coupons but no reason to sit it. You can still come out paying about $18 a piece for a $40 list Criterion.
Old 11-01-10, 09:45 PM
  #2292  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 10,863
Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
You can still get a decent deal online. Obviously not as good as a store with the $5 coupons but no reason to sit it. You can still come out paying about $18 a piece for a $40 list Criterion.
Hows that? Visa promo expired and I can't even get the 15% off one item to work for me. (i may have used it for Apocalypse Now).
Old 11-01-10, 09:48 PM
  #2293  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,879
Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Artman
Hows that? Visa promo expired and I can't even get the 15% off one item to work for me. (i may have used it for Apocalypse Now).
As always, the library link deducts an extra 10% off the sale pricing.
Old 11-01-10, 10:02 PM
  #2294  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 10,863
Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Trevor
As always, the library link deducts an extra 10% off the sale pricing.
Ahh, thanks! Ordered Crumb, Darjeeling and Thin Red Line.
Old 11-01-10, 11:42 PM
  #2295  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Artman
Hows that? Visa promo expired and I can't even get the 15% off one item to work for me. (i may have used it for Apocalypse Now).
Thanks for the reminder on the Visa link. Had to update it since the older offer expired today. You may have had problems with the coupon because B&N is not allowing coupons with the Criterion sale online.
Old 11-02-10, 04:18 PM
  #2296  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

sorry, could you clarify this for me? i'm not familiar with what library link is. thanks

Originally Posted by Trevor
As always, the library link deducts an extra 10% off the sale pricing.
Old 11-02-10, 04:22 PM
  #2297  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by darmok
sorry, could you clarify this for me? i'm not familiar with what library link is. thanks
Scroll Down to "The Library Bookstore":

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8745343-post2.html
Old 11-02-10, 04:33 PM
  #2298  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

thank you, Buck
Old 11-03-10, 07:46 AM
  #2299  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lakewood,OH,USA
Posts: 1,927
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I can't get free shipping to work using the AAA discount. Is this something new? I have in the past.
Old 11-03-10, 09:36 AM
  #2300  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by bdots48
I can't get free shipping to work using the AAA discount. Is this something new? I have in the past.
They stopped offering free shipping with the AAA discount a few months ago. You now have to spend $25 like all non BN members.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.