Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-17-09, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by diditagain
Is anyone having a problem using the 20% coupon codes that are valid from Dec. 17-19? I was unable to apply any of the 5 codes to any of the DVDs I wanted to buy (Robin Hood: Season 2, the Monty Python: Almost the Truth), and I didn't read anything in the "fine print" for the coupons that would disqualify those purchases. Maybe B&N haven't activated these codes yet?
Are you trying the coupons at the regular B&N web site? For some reason I noticed the 20% codes seem to work only through the bookstore links posted on the first page like military com and Visa, and not the regular B&N.com site. However most of the 15% codes will work at the bookstore links and B&N.com. I didn't see anything in the fine print on the 20% codes indicating there were restrictions of where they could be used. Apparently B&N forgot to add it.

Originally Posted by kraymond67
b7y4b4b was not activated
For some reason that coupon has not been activated and I have not added it to the active coupon list. I keep getting invalid code whenever I check it.
Old 12-17-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Are you trying the coupons at the regular B&N web site? For some reason I noticed the 20% codes seem to work only through the bookstore links posted on the first page like military com and Visa, and not the regular B&N.com site.
When I use Bing, the 20% coupon won't work either.

Last edited by NoirFan; 12-17-09 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-17-09, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NoirFan
When I use Bing, the 20% coupon won't work either.
It does appear you could use most of the 15% coupons through Bing. However I marked all coupons on the first page I confirmed do not work through the regular B&N web site. I would assume it would also apply to all the cashback type of web sites like Bing as well.
Old 12-18-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

E3M9W4K (20%) works with Bing now.
Old 12-19-09, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently everyone can enjoy the members discount...that diminishes the value of mine. They should extend the length of paid memberships to make up for this.
Old 12-19-09, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NoirFan
E3M9W4K (20%) works with Bing now.
It appears today the remaining 20% coupons are working through the regular B&N web site. They should also work at Bing.
Old 12-19-09, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This would be a smoking hot deal if B&N had the correct list price. They currently have The National Parks - America's Best Idea on Blu-ray at 50% off, but they have it listed for $169. It should list for $129. I wonder if they will catch the error before the sale ends. It should be priced at around $65 before any additional discounts. Currently they have it at around $85.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...2128&inframe=y
Old 12-20-09, 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=LASERMOVIES;9898593]This would be a smoking hot deal if B&N had the correct list price. They currently have The National Parks - America's Best Idea on Blu-ray at 50% off, but they have it listed for $169. It should list for $129. I wonder if they will catch the error before the sale ends. It should be priced at around $65 before any additional discounts. Currently they have it at around $85.

It's a little better if you buy it in store. The BN exclusive Blu-Ray is listed at $150 and the regular Blu-Ray is listed at $140 in store. I walked out with the BN BR for $57.38 before tax with member discount and 15% off coupon. I had it in my wishlist so could still search for stores that had it in stock. Good luck!
Old 12-20-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What's different about the BN Exclusive?
Old 12-20-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pathman
It's a little better if you buy it in store. The BN exclusive Blu-Ray is listed at $150 and the regular Blu-Ray is listed at $140 in store. I walked out with the BN BR for $57.38 before tax with member discount and 15% off coupon. I had it in my wishlist so could still search for stores that had it in stock. Good luck!
Even with the inflated list if my estimate is correct you could get online for about $54 before taxes with a members discount, 20% coupon, and 12% Bing cashback. Still the best deal online for the blu but it should be better if B&N used the correct list.

Originally Posted by Kory
My guess is it comes with either a CD or book like this version you can get at the PBS video store.

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index...ductId=3473256

When I searched earlier I didn't see the exclusive edition online but I just accidentally stumbled across it. Looks like it has a CD and a booklet.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...?cds2Pid=30436

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-20-09 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-20-09, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
Includes the CD soundtrack and the book Passport To Your National Parks.
Old 12-20-09, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, that was annoying. The 20% off coupons that our dear LM listed expired not at the odd Sunday 2.59AM EST timeframe, but the less common 11:59pm EST Sunday time. They were working in my cart then minutes ago, but not now.

I assumed when they worked this morning that I would have until 3am EST Monday to order, as has typically been the case with these coupons. Ah well.
Old 12-20-09, 11:58 PM

I'm glad I canceled my membership. It's not worth it.
Old 12-21-09, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by beer me
I'm glad I canceled my membership. It's not worth it.
this year's offers have been comparatively poor - i became a member in 2007 - i don't like paying member fees, but with the 40% coupons they were offering on top of the regular membership discounts, you could make up the $25 in one purchase - still their shipping is fast and they do beat borders and amazon prices, but i don't think i can justify the $25 fee anymore
Old 12-26-09, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Surprisingly few deals available the day after Christmas.....
Old 12-26-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I was hoping for some deals leading up to my final days of being a member. But I don't see that happening anymore... And I can state definitively I will NOT be renewing. I'll still regularly take advantage of their deals (when they actually have some) but I know it isn't worth $25 anymore. It was a big kick in the nuts this last month where non-members got the member price online. It made me feel like my membership wasn't worth anything... I'm more likely to get a AAA membership than a B&N membership....
Old 12-26-09, 08:17 PM

I won't be renewing either, but since my membership doesn't expire until next summer I'm hoping Laser will still keep the coupons on the first page updated regularly. I know if not for his consistency in this thread I'd have missed out on many deals at B&N.

Gary
Old 12-27-09, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, no % off in-store coupons at the moment?
Old 12-27-09, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by flix1
Apparently not. That's not surprising, considering "Christmas shopping season" ends December 24 and "gift card redemption season" starts December 26 (or December 25, for online observers of the season). Because the stores prefer you to redeem those gift cards without getting an additional discount, thankyouverymuch.
Old 12-27-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhovianZorker
Apparently not. That's not surprising, considering "Christmas shopping season" ends December 24 and "gift card redemption season" starts December 26 (or December 25, for online observers of the season). Because the stores prefer you to redeem those gift cards without getting an additional discount, thankyouverymuch.
Good point. I'll be hanging onto my gift cards for awhile. Anyone with a good guess when we can expect some decent sales to heat up again?
Old 12-27-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
I won't be renewing either, but since my membership doesn't expire until next summer I'm hoping Laser will still keep the coupons on the first page updated regularly. I know if not for his consistency in this thread I'd have missed out on many deals at B&N.

Gary
Even though I currently do not have a membership I'll maintain the coupon list as long as there is interest in it by others. I'll probably still make some purchases at B&N since I have several gift certificates available.

Maybe there will be some next week. B&N set most of the coupons to expire before Christmas and didn't issue anything new.
Old 12-28-09, 02:04 PM

R9B9Y3P says you can use for one in-store purchase (15%)

i wasn't able to use this online - tried to order a book on clearance
Old 12-28-09, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though I currently do not have a membership I'll maintain the coupon list as long as there is interest in it by others. I'll probably still make some purchases at B&N since I have several gift certificates available.
Thanks, Laser. I may not be renewing my membership, but I'll still purchase from bn.com when there are coupons to use. Combined with cashback and sales, they can still have some great deals. Just not enough for me to warrant paying $25/year...
Old 12-28-09, 03:12 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts

Thanks Laser! Fwiw, I'll probably always stay a member and be interested.

As long as they have at least one $5/$5/$5 deal per year I'll make much more than $25 back. They always have at least one table/category at 50% off it seems.
Old 12-29-09, 02:28 AM

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes LASERMOVIES, I have loved your constant updates of coupons and sales. Please keep this thread going. You saved me at least $60 the past couple months alone.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.