Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-14, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon
It's not included in the online part of the sale, but 50% in store. This seems to happen with many of the bigger and newer box sets
Thanks for information. Now I have to find a store that has it in stock and have it held.

Update: I was able to find it in one store. It came to $50.28 plus tax using the coupon and membership. Thanks again for the heads up about store price being cheaper than on line price.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-13-14 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-12-14, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I would consider picking up the Matt Smith set for $56 or so even though I already have the three seasons.

Doesn't look like it's in stock anywhere near me, though.
Old 12-12-14, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I have two (2) 20% off one item coupons good through 12/24. Not the best deal this weekend, but I thought I'd offer. Just PM.
Old 12-13-14, 08:21 PM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I would consider picking up the Matt Smith set for $56 or so even though I already have the three seasons.

Doesn't look like it's in stock anywhere near me, though.
That's interesting, I only have seasons 5 + 6, so at that price, it might make more sense to get that then to buy 7 + Day + Time.
Old 12-14-14, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B&N is not letting me do another trial membership. I've used 2 different CC's and 2 different emails. Any recommendations?
Old 12-14-14, 11:27 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I've had countless trial memberships over the years. My best guess is they base it off of credit card numbers, not addresses. So if you've used those cards in the past for signing up for memberships, you're probably out of luck.
Old 12-15-14, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
B&N is not letting me do another trial membership. I've used 2 different CC's and 2 different emails. Any recommendations?
Some credit cards (actually probably most in this day and age) allow you to setup temporary "virtual card numbers" associated with the real card for doing transactions "safely" over the internet (i.e. so that you're not exposing your real card number anywhere). Anyway, I've used those in the past to create new memberships. There is one catch however - if you have to return something you buy online to the store, they're give you a hard time because the number on the card won't match what's printed on the receipt (even thought its valid to do the return b/c the credit card company knows its a valid number for your account). Usually you can request these virtual account numbers from your online credit card account (and they'll be valid for some period of time - i.e. 24 hours).
Old 12-15-14, 12:43 AM

Any thoughts on whether we'll see another large coupon in the next couple of weeks? I'm guessing 30% would be a long shot, but maybe another 25%?
Old 12-15-14, 10:38 AM

Haven't seen anyone mention new 20% off online code for today and tomorrow: HOLIDAY14.
Old 12-15-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel like an idiot. I knew that the British sale was still going today, and I had it in my mind that the 25% off coupon was still valid, but it expired yesterday. I had something being held for me at a store, and I didn't get it this weekend. OOPS! I have a 20% off coupon which I could use, but I forgot it at home. I'm not going to drive 30 minutes home and back to retrieve it. And I don't want to order it online with the new 20% coupon, because then I lose the 10% membership discount in addition to my 5% screw-up. So, I guess I'm not buying it.
Old 12-15-14, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I feel like an idiot. I knew that the British sale was still going today, and I had it in my mind that the 25% off coupon was still valid, but it expired yesterday. I had something being held for me at a store, and I didn't get it this weekend. OOPS! I have a 20% off coupon which I could use, but I forgot it at home. I'm not going to drive 30 minutes home and back to retrieve it. And I don't want to order it online with the new 20% coupon, because then I lose the 10% membership discount in addition to my 5% screw-up. So, I guess I'm not buying it.
I don't know how strict your local store is but if you have access to a printer you could still print out a copy of the coupon from my post above and see if they would still accept it a day late. Might be worth a shot if the store is not out of your way.

Here is the image link.
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pIm..._FF_Coupon.gif

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-15-14 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-15-14, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

These could be the last coupons of the year if it follows last years pattern. There is at least a 25% coupon coming and maybe a 30% later in the week. The only thing troubling me about the 30% coupon is there is no mention it is a member coupon in the fine print. They do appear to be store coupons though.

30% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store.

This coupon is valid from December 18, 2014 to December 24, 2014 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 30% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO(R) items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 12-15-14, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
I don't know how strict your local store is but if you have access to a printer you could still print out a copy of the coupon from my post above and see if they would still accept it a day late. Might be worth a shot if the store is not out of your way.

Here is the image link.
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pIm..._FF_Coupon.gif
You're right, I suppose it's worth a shot... It's not terribly out of the way. The sucky part is it's in a shopping mall, and parking at the mall is a pain in the you know what this time of year...
Old 12-15-14, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I gave up my membership when the B&N with a media section closest to me closed. The next closest doesn't have a bad selection but for the Criterion sales you have to get there early in the sale or wait for a restock. I'd rather lose the 10% and order online where there's a better selection than take the time to drive the 20 miles, deal with the mall traffic and parking, limited selection etc. I miss using multiple coupons but doing so at this location was like pulling teeth. I decided my time was more valuable. I go once in awhile but I'm happier ordering online.
Old 12-15-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added 3 more online coupons to the first page.
Old 12-16-14, 04:27 PM

Is there a chance that the coupons coming Thursday will be in-store only? Meaning that if I want to take advantage of the 40% off blu-ray sale on an item not available at a store near me, I should probably do it now with the 20% off coupons.
Old 12-16-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pathman
Is there a chance that the coupons coming Thursday will be in-store only? Meaning that if I want to take advantage of the 40% off blu-ray sale on an item not available at a store near me, I should probably do it now with the 20% off coupons.
Read post 10722.
Old 12-16-14, 05:25 PM

Thanks, Laser. I didn't read the fine print on that post. So, no more online coupons after tomorrow. I need to figure out what to get online now.
Old 12-16-14, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pathman
Thanks, Laser. I didn't read the fine print on that post. So, no more online coupons after tomorrow. I need to figure out what to get online now.
I have one more 20% off code that might go live tomorrow night, but right now is about as good as it's going to get for the online coupons.
Old 12-16-14, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'd have them order it for you to pick up in store assuming they can get it (or it's not a pre-paid special order item). Then when you pick it up, you can get the extra 10% store discount and used the bigger % coupon. Since the new coupons appear to last through 12/24 and assuming the 40% continues through 12/24 (still haven't heard a confirmed date), there shouldn't be a problem getting item shipped and picked up before the sale and coupon ends.

I did this for several items in teh British sale last week.
Good to know. Thanks, hariseldon!
Old 12-17-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have an update for the upcoming store coupons. Confirmed there is a 30% member coupon and 25% non-member coupon. Coupons are unique codes that can be used once this time around. I should have some extra 25% store coupons for anyone that needs any starting tomorrow.
Old 12-17-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have an update for the upcoming store coupons. Confirmed there is a 30% member coupon and 25% non-member coupon. Coupons are unique codes that can be used once this time around. I should have some extra 25% store coupons for anyone that needs any starting tomorrow.
AWESOME!!! Batman LE shall be mine!
Old 12-17-14, 01:33 PM

Sweet! I may need one of those extra coupons to nab the Doctor Who Matt Smith collection.
Old 12-17-14, 01:53 PM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Pee-Wee's Playhouse shall be mines at about $70 with the non member's coupon.
Old 12-17-14, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Laser,

Because these are unique coupons, chances are favorable that I can pick up two box sets from the same store, one coupon for each, right? I was planning on going to two different stores, but that was when I was thinking the coupon would be generic and likely one per use. I'd like to avoid going to the one store that I know will be super crowded and just make the one stop at the other store.

Oh, and I'll need two 30% membership coupons if at all possible (only one should I get one from B&N). I'll request them tomorrow once you open the floodgates.

Thanks!

Last edited by lumberjack; 12-17-14 at 04:37 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.