Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-12, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Yes, just go ahead and print the coupon I have here, or go to the first page to print it. If you use the coupon link on the first page it should make it easy. The 15% coupon is valid for everyone.
Thanks as always LASER...just took your advice and printed it up and now my gal can get her book she wants at a relatively good cost this weekend!
Old 10-18-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that there was a Criterion sale coming on the 30th.

What is the last possible day I can do a 2-month trial membership and assure that my account will be active on Oct. 29? I want to squeeze in as much of the Christmas season as possible in my trial membership.
Old 10-18-12, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 466 Likes on 320 Posts

Your trial membership should be active within a day of when you sign up online. Maybe 2 days to be safe.
Old 10-18-12, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Your trial membership should be active within a day of when you sign up online. Maybe 2 days to be safe.
Correct, probably overnight in fact. The only problem, a small one, will be in doing an-store purchase and trying to use your member discounts. Until the system registers your info you should bring along a copy of the email with your membership account number. It'll take a few days for the info to be linkable with the phone number you provide upon registration and a couple more days before your card arrives in the mail.
Old 10-19-12, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Much thanks to LASERMOVIES for the 15% coupon. I had to place an order with them this week and every little bit of discount helps.
Old 10-19-12, 12:41 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
It's starting to look that way since the last two rounds of member coupons have been unique one use codes. Also the last coupons B&N sent in the mail to members used unique codes. What makes it even worse is if you don't receive B&N emails, or if they decide to stop them like they did with my member account several times before I let it expire.
I just can't wrap my head around B&N's way of thinking here.

What's the harm in having a flood of customers come through your doors, with a 20%, one-item coupon in their hands? Yes. There will always be individuals who will abuse the coupon, print multiple copies and make several trips to the register; hey, let's have a family outing at B&N! But the coupons get the people into the stores. Isn't that what B&N wants, so they can bombard us walk-ins with Nook HD promotions?

I can't understand the 'coupon embargoing' that seems to be going on with B&N Members. I continue to read here how loyal B&N customers (the few that remain) are inexplicably being denied coupons, after receiving them for years. These are customers still willing to shell out $25 a year to be a part of the prestigious membership program. B&N is essentially curling their lip, waving their hands in front of their noses and telling them to get lost. I can't understand why.
Old 10-19-12, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by naughty_bit
I can't understand the 'coupon embargoing' that seems to be going on with B&N Members. I continue to read here how loyal B&N customers (the few that remain) are inexplicably being denied coupons, after receiving them for years. These are customers still willing to shell out $25 a year to be a part of the prestigious membership program. B&N is essentially curling their lip, waving their hands in front of their noses and telling them to get lost. I can't understand why.
This member is done at year's end. Not an idle message board threat or posturing here ~ I am done. Not just the coupon thing, but also the way they pack and send items in the mail now (nearly always damaged). I tried to return a damaged blu ray to the store and it was not a pleasant experience.

Done.
Old 10-19-12, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received several of the 15% coupons via email, but did I receive the 20% coupon on my member account? Nooo, of course not!
Old 10-19-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's a 15% code for anyone that wants it...
Spoiler:
U3D8U7L
Old 10-20-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Here's a 15% code for anyone that wants it...
Spoiler:
U3D8U7L
That is the same code that is in the OP.
Old 10-20-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium
That is the same code that is in the OP.
Oops...I haven't been checking the thread much lately. I just got an email and thought it a unique code.
Old 10-20-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I received several of the 15% coupons via email, but did I receive the 20% coupon on my member account? Nooo, of course not!
Same. I hope things pick up as the holidays approach...
Old 10-20-12, 05:27 PM

Any chance of B&N having another 50% off BBC titles again? I need to pick up a bunch of Doctor Who DVDs.
Old 10-21-12, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BAMJoe
Any chance of B&N having another 50% off BBC titles again? I need to pick up a bunch of Doctor Who DVDs.
I asked about it at a B&N store a while ago and was told that it was likely to happen and if it did it would be in December.
Old 10-22-12, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I asked about it at a B&N store a while ago and was told that it was likely to happen and if it did it would be in December.
Excellent. Thanks.
Old 10-24-12, 10:27 AM

I know a lot of shop at Barnes & Noble, especially during the Criterion Collection sales...but heads up that there was a major data breach.
Old 10-24-12, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kndy
I know a lot of shop at Barnes & Noble, especially during the Criterion Collection sales...but heads up that there was a major data breach.
The article mentions 63 stores were supposedly hit in several states, but they didn't list the stores. If it helps anyone here is a list of stores below. Three stores near me are on the list! However I have not purchased anything at a B&N store since July. I wonder how long this was going on before they found out.

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/pre...er_Notice.html

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-24-12 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-24-12, 07:16 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah I heard about this on tv today. Luckily it wasn't in my state as I have shopped there a month or two ago.
Old 10-24-12, 10:04 PM

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

So with the Criterion Collection sale on the way, what incentive is there to even try to do a trial membership? I know certain sets get an extra 10% off, but are there even any coupons to really sweeten the deal? Seems just using these 15% off ones if they don't expire is the best way to go.
Old 10-24-12, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lipid
So with the Criterion Collection sale on the way, what incentive is there to even try to do a trial membership? I know certain sets get an extra 10% off, but are there even any coupons to really sweeten the deal? Seems just using these 15% off ones if they don't expire is the best way to go.
I'm not sure what you mean by "certain sets get an extra 10% off". With a membership you get 10% off everything in store but no discount at all online. What you do get are a few member coupons that work online and in stores and free shipping online.
Old 10-25-12, 09:12 PM

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I meant in the sense of compared to last sales. You would be able to stack the 10% off with some other coupons, but it seems they really cracked down on how good of a deal you could get. I mean hopefully I'm wrong and some 20% coupons that you can re-use appear in the next week, but skeptical cat is skeptical right now.
Old 10-25-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lipid
I meant in the sense of compared to last sales. You would be able to stack the 10% off with some other coupons, but it seems they really cracked down on how good of a deal you could get. I mean hopefully I'm wrong and some 20% coupons that you can re-use appear in the next week, but skeptical cat is skeptical right now.
The way things are going I'm not very optimistic there is going to be a flood of new coupons during the sale. If you have a membership the only coupon that may work is either the $8 DVD/Blu and $5/$50 coupon on the first page. Otherwise you might have to settle for only 10% off the sale price.
Old 10-27-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any confirmation on the 1/2 off day for Criterion's?

I thought I've seen Oct. 30th start date...

Anyone know?
Old 10-27-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
Any confirmation on the 1/2 off day for Criterion's?

I thought I've seen Oct. 30th start date...

Anyone know?
There have been several posts and even a thread in the blu-ray bargain forum mentioning October 30 as the start date for the Criterion sale. The rumors seem strong that is when it will begin.
Old 10-29-12, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, there are about 6-7 BD's that are keeping me from being complete.

I purchased every film plus some this last sale - I'm about 1/10 of the way through watching the large haul I pulled... Doesn't seem like enough time in the day to watch 'em all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.