DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

General Costco DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-09, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: General Costco DVD Thread

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
No time limit on DVDs. Hell, they'll even give you a refund on opened DVDs if you claim that they're defective.
Thanks. Have a couple DVDs I brought early 2008 or eairlier that I never watched.
Old 03-01-09, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just picked up Young Frankenstein and Walk the Line for $4.99
Old 03-01-09, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For 4.99?? WTL wasn't the two disc EE was it?
Old 03-01-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
For 4.99?? WTL wasn't the two disc EE was it?
No it wasn't, sorry
Old 03-02-09, 06:38 AM

A lot of Paramount Blu-Ray titles were $16.99 at Costco yesterday. I know I saw Iron Man and Transformers. It didn't look like a sale or anything, they were just the regular price stickers. I'm sure there were others

Sorry for this being kind of vague but I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday so I didn't get to look much.

Last edited by CombatCraig; 03-02-09 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-02-09, 12:38 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CombatCraig
A lot of Paramount titles were $16.99 at Costco yesterday. I know I saw Iron Man and Transformers. It didn't look like a sale or anything, they were just the regular price stickers. I'm sure there were others

Sorry for this being kind of vague but I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday so I didn't get to look much.
I believe you're referring to the Blu-ray version of those, correct? I saw the Blu-ray version of those 2 titles yesterday for that price and thought it was pretty good. Another good deal is some concert Blu-rays (Queen, The Who, Sheryl Crow, et al) for $15.99.
Old 03-02-09, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
I believe you're referring to the Blu-ray version of those, correct? I saw the Blu-ray version of those 2 titles yesterday for that price and thought it was pretty good. Another good deal is some concert Blu-rays (Queen, The Who, Sheryl Crow, et al) for $15.99.
Yes Blu-Rays sorry about that
Old 03-12-09, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

All sold out of these titles,new ones in stock now..

New 2 pack DVD for $7

1-The Country Girl/Houseboat
2-Foul Play/ Harold and Maude
3-IQ/Sliding Doors (1998)
4-Twisted/Internal Affairs (1990)
5-Narc/The Score
6-Regarding Henry (1991) /Beyond Borders (2003)

Also had quite a few double movie/DVD packs from $9 and up.

My store still had some $5 DVD's left,4-08-09

$4.99 DVD's
1-Young Frankenstein
2-Walk the Line
3-Dude, Where's My Car?
4-Sideways (2004)
5-Aquamarine (2006)
6-The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
7-Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)
8-Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)
9-My Cousin Vinny (1992)
10-True Lies

Last edited by JoeySeven; 04-09-09 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-12-09, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
They also have Roswell-Complete Series and Dark Angel-Complete Series for the same $39.99. Roswell is a solid deal as is Millennium because they are three seasons series. Dark Angel is nothing special, being only two seasons.
I've recently seen S1+S2 of Dark Angel in a two-pack for $19.99. Some other shows as well like Remington Steele (1st 2 seasons). Same price.
Old 03-15-09, 07:17 PM

"West Side Story" 2-disk red box: $9.99

"West Side Story" 2-disk red box is $9.99 at Costco.

This is the Collector's Edition with the booklet and anamorphic widescreen version of the film. It goes for $24 at Amazon. Sam's Club has the single-disk full-frame version for $8.88, so this is a terrific value in comparison. I could never understand how a film carefully composed for Super Panavision 70 and had an early anamorphic DVD release could be withdrawn in favor of a full-frame version.

I also noticed South Pacific, King and I, and Fiddler on the Roof in their latest 2-disk anamorphic versions for $9.99. However, the Sound of Music being offered at that price is a single-disk anamorphic version with few extras, and is not such a good deal. Sam's has the latest 2-disk version of that for $16+, which is not so great either.
Old 03-16-09, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
Re: "West Side Story" 2-disk red box: $9.99

Originally Posted by Garyrc
I finally broke down and bought this..

Updated my other post ,now includes all $5 movies and $7 double feature dvd movie packs that my costco had in stock.

Got the new March coupon book.No DVD deals.A few HD-TV deals though.
Still waiting/hoping the Panny 46" plasma goes on sale.. :-))
The HD-TV selection at my Costco keeps getting smaller and smaller.
Maybe its because of newer models might be comming out soon.
Old 03-16-09, 11:51 PM

There are like 3453495847 million more 2-disc sets also on sale with the ones mentioned above:

$8.99
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Amedues
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Around the World in 80 Days (original)
Singin' in the Rain

$9.99
King and I (original)

I honestly wanted to buy them all....I might still.
Old 03-17-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CombatCraig
A lot of Paramount Blu-Ray titles were $16.99 at Costco yesterday. I know I saw Iron Man and Transformers. It didn't look like a sale or anything, they were just the regular price stickers. I'm sure there were others

I noticed this today. The ones I saw for sure were:

Indiana Jones & TKOTCS
Transformers
Tropic Thunder
Iron Man

And probably a couple others that were in that group.
Old 03-17-09, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I noticed this today. The ones I saw for sure were:

Indiana Jones & TKOTCS
Transformers
Tropic Thunder
Iron Man

And probably a couple others that were in that group.
I noticed this too. I think I'm going to hold off for a Costco coupon for these titles though (like $3-5 off). There were TONS of them. They're going to want to clear them out eventually. Then Iron Man will be mine.
Old 03-17-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I noticed this too. I think I'm going to hold off for a Costco coupon for these titles though (like $3-5 off). There were TONS of them. They're going to want to clear them out eventually. Then Iron Man will be mine.

Yeah, I almost got Tropic Thunder (that being the only one of those 4 I don't already have) but $17 still seemed like too much.
Old 03-18-09, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Odd. I was there tonight picking up the $10 West Side Story mentioned a few posts back, but I didn't see any particularly inexpensive BDs. I wish Wanted was $17 or less. Come on, everyone - there's a Depression brewing; make with the sales, yo!
Old 03-21-09, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

This is the Collector's Edition with the booklet and anamorphic widescreen version of the film. It goes for $24 at Amazon. Sam's Club has the single-disk full-frame version for $8.88, so this is a terrific value in comparison. I could never understand how a film carefully composed for Super Panavision 70 and had an early anamorphic DVD release could be withdrawn in favor of a full-frame version.

I also noticed South Pacific, King and I, and Fiddler on the Roof in their latest 2-disk anamorphic versions for $9.99. However, the Sound of Music being offered at that price is a single-disk anamorphic version with few extras, and is not such a good deal. Sam's has the latest 2-disk version of that for $16+, which is not so great either.
I saw the 2 disc Yentl for $9.99 with this group. The Fiddler On The Roof I saw for $9.99 at my Costco was the single disc like the Sound of Music.
Old 03-21-09, 04:36 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Sweet. Bought this there for $15 a year or two back. Still unopened. I'll get my $5 next time I'm there.
Old 03-23-09, 03:03 AM

Some pretty sweet deals. Is there a similar thread for BJ's Wholesale Club? From what I've seen of the CostCo prices posted here, the BJ's prices are pretty comparable. They will also issue their own coupons on DVD's and Blu-Rays from time to time. For instance, some time back they had a bunch of Pixar films available for $13.99. At the SAME time, they had a $7 coupon off of all those titles. Picked me up Bug's Life, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monster's, Inc. and Finding Nemo for $7 apiece, all 2-Disc Editions. :-) Not bad, though now I want to go Blu on those. Have most of the DVDs still in shrink-wrap. Need to get rid of. I'm at BJ's all the time and could keep an eye out for deals, coupons and instant rebates, though!
Old 03-23-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

The BJ's that I frequent has a much smaller inventory compared to Costco and their prices are a couple dollars higher than Costco.
Old 03-23-09, 01:57 PM

By all rights, Costco should be cheaper because their membership is more expensive. :-P I tried to go in there and price-compare once, but they wouldn't let me in the door without a card. I already knew about their membership and just wanted to browse but I was forced to go to the service desk and listen to them talk about their membership again. Never made it back to the movies! :-( Guess I need to hook up with someone who's a member and will let me shop with, eh? Oh, and I know that this is for DVD bargains, but just as an example: BJ's had Wanted on Blu-Ray for $15.99 a couple of weeks back. Bet Costco couldn't touch that one. ;-)
Old 03-23-09, 03:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I was in my Costco last week and I was disappointed in how small the DVD selection was compared to my previous visit, just a couple of weeks before. No classic movie box sets at all. Hardly any TV box sets. Just a few new releases, some of the cheap two-packs, and a few special editions. What gives?
Old 03-23-09, 04:00 PM

Costco's DVD selection seems to expand and contract based upon the time of year, and gift-buying seasons. It has been a while since I've been blown away by any Costco DVD deals, but I keep checking. I'm sure there will be more before too long.
Old 03-23-09, 04:17 PM

I remember some having this concern a couple of years ago. All it turned out to be was Costco making room for an educational software promotion. The DVD section returned to normal not long afterwards.
Old 03-23-09, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
I've recently seen S1+S2 of Dark Angel in a two-pack for $19.99. Some other shows as well like Remington Steele (1st 2 seasons). Same price.
A few other S1 + S2 series two-paks available for the $19.99 price:
Reba
The Pretender
In Living Color

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.