Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '08

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '08

Old 03-30-08, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about you all, but I just store picked up
evangelion
elfen lied
noein
mars daybreak
tokko

and online ordered
robotech
Old 03-30-08, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sandstar
Are the extra disks in the Protoculture collection the same ones that came in the original box sets (the un remastered version)?
Yup and the bonus discs remain un-remastered. But the Robotech: Macross Saga re-master is the same as the one Animeigo did for their Macross release, it looks quiet good although they turned up the brightness some.

Last edited by Drahksenzu; 03-30-08 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-30-08, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
They've shipped my orders for free when it wasn't available in-store when I called to get it sent from another source.
I went with Noein, Elfen Lied, and Robotech. I did in-store pickup at two different stores; I wasn't sure they've ever get Robotech back in stock to ship.
Old 03-30-08, 06:06 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Drahksenzu
Yup and the bonus discs remain un-remastered. But the Robotech: Macross Saga re-master is the same as the one Animeigo did for their Macross release, it looks quiet good although they turned up the brightness some.
Yeah, I have the macross remaster, but I'm not as interested in the other parts, and I got the original box sets (when rightstuf had them for 5 bucks a peice), so I believe I'll skip the protoculture collection. Thanks!
Old 03-30-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

decided to go ahead and place an order for Robotech Proto :-D Too good of a price to pass up on an OOP (almost?) set!
Old 03-30-08, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went ahead and got the Robotech box set. It said it wasn't available for in-store, but I went to my Best Buy, and sure enough, they had two sets. I hate how unreliable the website is with regards to in-store quantities.
Old 03-30-08, 08:01 PM

I got Elfen Lied and Samurai Deeper Kyo through in-store pickup and decided to get Fullmetal Alchemist while I was there. I'm still feeling the sting about just buying the Robotech set for ~$70 during the recent Right Stuf sale since the BB I went to had two of them on the shelf.
Old 03-30-08, 08:12 PM

I went ahead and got the Robotech box set. It said it wasn't available for in-store, but I went to my Best Buy, and sure enough, they had two sets. I hate how unreliable the website is with regards to in-store quantities.
Same thing happened to me with Elfen Lied. The store pick-up on the BB website said that there was none available at any store in my area. I decided to go a see for myself. Sure enough...there was one. I picked up that, Robotech, Samurai Deeper, and added the Glass Fleet Box just for fun. The rest I already had.

Good sale....thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-30-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Anytime stock at the B&M stores drops to 3 or less the item goes unavailable for in-store pickup. I always check the stores when it shows unavailable since the chances are fairly good they'll still have stock.
Old 03-30-08, 10:49 PM
Cool New Member

I ordered Robotech for in-store pickup and it said it was ready to be picked up, but when I went there, they said they couldn't find it. I waited around for an hour and a half, just to be denied. They said this is the first time this has ever happened, blah blah blah, and gave me a $10 gift card. (which they HAD to because their policy was they would have your order within 1 minute for in-store pickup or you get $10 off your item) Another disappointing transaction with Best Buy. Luckily, another Best Buy near there had 2 copies of it.
Old 03-30-08, 11:07 PM

There's also a 10% off movies coupon floating around for BB that expires 3/31. YMMV on getting it combined. I usually don't have a problem but got tag-teamed and denied this time (not "regular" price). Still, 85eps of Robotech for $40- HUGE thumbs up =D
Old 03-31-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Akuma147
I ordered Robotech for in-store pickup and it said it was ready to be picked up, but when I went there, they said they couldn't find it. I waited around for an hour and a half, just to be denied. They said this is the first time this has ever happened, blah blah blah, and gave me a $10 gift card. (which they HAD to because their policy was they would have your order within 1 minute for in-store pickup or you get $10 off your item) Another disappointing transaction with Best Buy. Luckily, another Best Buy near there had 2 copies of it.
I'm sure some attentive employee said, "Oh hey! We do have one more copy of Robotech! It's sitting on that shelf over there when it should be on the floor? And there's a tag stuck to it. Huh."

Removes in-store pickup tag.

"Eh, here you go, sir!"
Old 03-31-08, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by qtwerp
There's also a 10% off movies coupon floating around for BB that expires 3/31. YMMV on getting it combined. I usually don't have a problem but got tag-teamed and denied this time (not "regular" price). Still, 85eps of Robotech for $40- HUGE thumbs up =D
Secondary YMMV for me:
the shelfstrip-type sale tags in the anime section said "NGE: Platinum Collector's Edition"...which I successfully argued was the Perfect Collection. So, 50% off of that, which wasn't terribly shabby.

And wouldn't leave me banging my head against a wall for not getting a version with extras.
Old 03-31-08, 04:15 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I'm sure some attentive employee said, "Oh hey! We do have one more copy of Robotech! It's sitting on that shelf over there when it should be on the floor? And there's a tag stuck to it. Huh."

Removes in-store pickup tag.

"Eh, here you go, sir!"
Yeah that's probably how it went down. I also didn't mention that the other store couldn't find theirs' either. It took like 15 minutes to finally find the two in the back.
Old 03-31-08, 08:52 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 387 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Secondary YMMV for me:
the shelfstrip-type sale tags in the anime section said "NGE: Platinum Collector's Edition"...which I successfully argued was the Perfect Collection. So, 50% off of that, which wasn't terribly shabby.

And wouldn't leave me banging my head against a wall for not getting a version with extras.
That is one huge YMMV. You got very lucky, since you got a manager to override the price of the perfect collection (tin) from $99.99 to $49.99. The ad signage has all of the product SKUs listed. The promo number should be listed as well.
Old 03-31-08, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

where's this 10% off coupon? im gonna try it at my best buy see if it works...
Old 03-31-08, 09:36 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
where's this 10% off coupon? im gonna try it at my best buy see if it works...
It's probably via the mail. It should work if you have one and provided the cashier scans it.
Old 03-31-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well got my mother to order one for in-store pickup (cuz im not near a bestbuy at ALL) and just got a confirmation e-mail that it's ready to pick up :-D
Old 03-31-08, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heads-up-

Amazon is going to have some kind of lightning deal on an anime title at 1 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Retrieving deal data...
Coming Soon! 10:00 AM PDT - Movies & TV Deal
Upcoming Movies & TV Deal
Audio and visual treat for fans of Anime.
Deal starts in: 02:35:44
Old 03-31-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmm...possible pricematch of BB's deal?...POSSIBLY!
Old 03-31-08, 10:29 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Heads-up-

Amazon is going to have some kind of lightning deal on an anime title at 1 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Retrieving deal data...
Coming Soon! 10:00 AM PDT - Movies & TV Deal
Upcoming Movies & TV Deal
Audio and visual treat for fans of Anime.
Deal starts in: 02:35:44
Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 03-31-08, 10:30 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
hmm...possible pricematch of BB's deal?...POSSIBLY!
It could possibly be one of the titles.
Old 03-31-08, 10:56 AM
WTK

High-Flying Savings on Titles From Icarus Publishing! @ RightStuf.com

Get ready for some high-flying (adults-only) savings!

From now until April 2, take 33% OFF the retail price of adult manga from Icarus Publishing! (This includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: icarusfly
Expires: April 2, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF all titles from Icarus Publishing! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Icarus” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Icarus titles we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

(Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items! Quantities on some items may be limited.)

Last edited by WTK; 03-31-08 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-31-08, 11:27 AM
WTK

Yet Another Preorder Misprice via BestBuy.com...

Old 03-31-08, 11:52 AM
WTK

DVDEmpire.com - Misprice
HKFlix.com
Overstock.com - Misprice

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.