Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - November '07

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - November '07

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wildcatlh
I got my TMOHS Volume 4 LE from Amazon today. No floaters; both discs are perfect.

(Plus I finally get to watch my favorite ever scene from an anime on a big screen instead of on my computer. People who know this series know what scene it is I'm talking about)
Good news. I really hope the replacement I ordered is floater-free.

Speaking of, is $32.20 really the best deal for Vol. 2 LE (from DD's 20% off sale)?
Old 11-10-07, 11:31 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Originally Posted by shaunbul
Just my 2 cents worth! I have watched this series but I think that the 12 Kingdoms is a far better series!
12 Kingdoms is good, it's just too bad it's incomplete. Just one more Kingdom and they would have been done. I guess it just wasn't in the budget.
Old 11-10-07, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F
12 Kingdoms is good, it's just too bad it's incomplete. Just one more Kingdom and they would have been done. I guess it just wasn't in the budget.
Actually they are waiting on the author of the Books to finish the stories. I think one of the main production people who was working on the animation project died or something so that doesn't help things.
Old 11-10-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow - My Haruhi replacement already arrived from Amazon... and, good news! No Disc 1 floater! Everything is flawless. I'm really pleased!

Edit: Vol. 3 LE arrived today from DD as well.

Last edited by justbarelymovin; 11-10-07 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-10-07, 04:51 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by Eric F
The series also ends nicely as it is... there's room for more, but it's not like it's a cliff hanger or anything. I really enjoyed the show.
Old 11-10-07, 04:53 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Wow - My Haruhi replacement already arrived from Amazon... and, good news! No Disc 1 floater! Everything is flawless. I'm really pleased!

Edit: Vol. 3 LE arrived today from DD as well.
Yep, my V3 and 4 both arrived....now I need a good deal on V2 LE. I'm thinking I might bite the bullet and get it during the DD sale for $32.xx, but I'd rather not pay that much. On the other hand, I don't want to have to track it down after the e-tailers run out. What to do....
Old 11-10-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Sinnott
Yep, my V3 and 4 both arrived....now I need a good deal on V2 LE. I'm thinking I might bite the bullet and get it during the DD sale for $32.xx, but I'd rather not pay that much. On the other hand, I don't want to have to track it down after the e-tailers run out. What to do....
I'm having the same dilemma. I think we're both just going to have to bite the bullet on this one! There may be a deal down the line, but I don't want to end up empty-handed.
Old 11-10-07, 05:27 PM

My Shadow Skill just arrived. To my surprise, this thinpak release isn't trimmed down aka extra less like the rest. All 6 disc includes the features which was on the single releases. Same cover art works as well.

Princess Tutu complete also came in as well. For some odd reason, ADV decided to use the mini brick (the same kind Bandai uses for their re-release EX. Scrapped Princess, Dragon Drive, etc) case for this one. I was hoping it would be a thinpak. This release has all the extras as well and comes with 6 disc total.

Last edited by toogood; 11-10-07 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-10-07, 05:45 PM

I still see about 5 copies left of Vol 2 LE on Amazon market place for $19.97 + $2.98 shipping. The seller is an Amazon.com subsidiary, so there shouldn't be any problems. One copy is even eligible for Amazon prime if you have it. I bought mine from them, when it was $25 and it came in near perfect condition. Just a slight bent corner.
Old 11-10-07, 08:08 PM

I put my DVDP and DDD orders in on Thurs. I ordered

Gundam 08th MS Team Collection
Gundam Stardust Memory Collection
Galaxy Angel Alpha Collection
Galaxy Angel Zeta Collection
Genshiken Economy Box
To Heart vol 3 and vol 4 w/ box
Slayers Box Set
Tenchi Muyo OAV Series 3 Box

I will probably grab Blue Seed Mitama Collection and Kare Kano Collecton when I order Ducktales set 3 next week.

Originally Posted by WTK
Personally I liked all of the Ghost in the Shell movies and the TV series.

...and also if my memory serves me correctly, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Individual Eleven use a different English dub cast than the regular seasons.
I have always considered the series to be grossly overrated. Though, I would slam Naruto worse. GitS is decent, but Naruto is just bad.
Old 11-10-07, 09:46 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by toogood
I still see about 5 copies left of Vol 2 LE on Amazon market place for $19.97 + $2.98 shipping. The seller is an Amazon.com subsidiary, so there shouldn't be any problems. One copy is even eligible for Amazon prime if you have it. I bought mine from them, when it was $25 and it came in near perfect condition. Just a slight bent corner.
Thanks Toogood! I went ahead and ordered one...I think I can live with a "medium bend or wrinkle" on the box as long as the case itself isn't damaged and the DVD is okay. The price is sure right. I like the fact that it's still shrink wrapped too. I'd be leary of buying a used one that was open and not getting all the goodies.

I love the seller who has one for $137.95 and in the description is says "Incredibe Bargain". Yeah, right. Hope ya choke on it.

When it comes in I'll let you know how it looks Holly.
Old 11-10-07, 11:12 PM

All the talk about Twelve Kingdoms has me about convinced to order it. It's out of stock at both DVDPlanet and DD, but I've got a backlog so big it'd probably be a year before I'd watch it anyway. Planet's a buck cheaper for each collection, so I expect I'll order it there.
Old 11-11-07, 02:21 AM
Cool New Member

Speaking of Gits Innocence, Ive been meaning to pick this up, but Ive been reluctant to because of the replacements that Dreamworks was supposedly in charge of. I havent heard anything about it lately, and I understand that particular version is the one with proper subtitles and such, Anyone know any information on which version is the right one?

Edit: And another thing, where did you all get your TMoHS LE 1?

Last edited by ihavenolife123; 11-11-07 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-11-07, 06:43 AM

Thank god for the DVDPlanet sale! Everything I wanted, they had about $1 cheaper than DDD (then 20% off). I love DDD, but thought I'd try DVDP to save the money.

Finally added some things from my wishlist to my animation collection:

Catalog: WBD031896 (new)
Title: Batman the Animated Series - Volume One (2001)
Qty: 1
Price: $27.98

Catalog: ADV014312 (new)
Title: Happy Lesson: Teacher's Pet Collection (2005)
Price: $20.76

Catalog: BAN080124 (new)
Title: Please Teacher! - Complete Collection (2004)
Price: $19.67

Catalog: ADV001279 (new)
Title: Rune Soldier - Complete Collection (2003)
Price: $22.80

Catalog: WBD031625 (new)
Title: Batman the Animated Series - Volume Two (1992-1995)
Price: $27.16

The only blind buy is Please Teacher, and for that price I feel pretty safe in the purchase. Finally adding Batman:TAS to my collection!!!

Probly no more orders from me until the new Midori Days set drops in Dec for around $15 (DDD price). I'm broke now. LOL
Old 11-11-07, 08:41 AM

My Shadow Skill just arrived. To my surprise, this thinpak release isn't trimmed down aka extra less like the rest. All 6 disc includes the features which was on the single releases. Same cover art works as well.

Princess Tutu complete also came in as well. For some odd reason, ADV decided to use the mini brick (the same kind Bandai uses for their re-release EX. Scrapped Princess, Dragon Drive, etc) case for this one. I was hoping it would be a thinpak. This release has all the extras as well and comes with 6 disc total.
Where did you order Shadow Skill and Princess Tutu from? Shadow Skill has a street date of 11/13 and Princess Tutu has a street date of 11/20. So, Shadow Skill is understandable, but I am surprised you already got Princess Tutu. Did you order them from BestBuy (only place I know of that is notorious for releasing stuff early)?
Old 11-11-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Toogood! I went ahead and ordered one...I think I can live with a "medium bend or wrinkle" on the box as long as the case itself isn't damaged and the DVD is okay. The price is sure right. I like the fact that it's still shrink wrapped too. I'd be leary of buying a used one that was open and not getting all the goodies.

I love the seller who has one for $137.95 and in the description is says "Incredibe Bargain". Yeah, right. Hope ya choke on it.

When it comes in I'll let you know how it looks Holly.
Thanks! I'd appreciate it. I'm just curious, though... I was looking at this yesterday, and the one I see says, "Manufacturer shrink-wrap missing." So, I hesitated. Are you looking at another seller, or am I just crazy?
Old 11-11-07, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Thanks! I'd appreciate it. I'm just curious, though... I was looking at this yesterday, and the one I see says, "Manufacturer shrink-wrap missing." So, I hesitated. Are you looking at another seller, or am I just crazy?
Just click under the "used" section. Since it's a market place item, I can't link you. The seller should be warehouse_deals. I see only 3 copies left and only one still has "Manufacturer shrink-wrapped". Better hurry if you want to grab it.
Old 11-11-07, 01:53 PM

I have been following the forum for about a year and I finally decided to join.

Talking about Amazon Marketplace, I am not sure how many of you are aware that Shawne (of RightStuf fame) has a storefront there (aptly named "shawnek"). Sometimes the prices are worse than RightStuf.com, sometimes they are better. And a few weeks back I found an item that was a lot better. He is selling "Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy - Complete Box Set" (a Geneon release) for under $30. (It is actually selling today for $27.95 + $2.98 shipping last I checked.) That is a lot cheaper than the $161.99 at RightStuf.com.

And if you are wondering how I know it is Shawne from RightStuf. When the item arrived it was in a RightStuf box, with a RightStuf invoice, packed the RightStuf way.
Old 11-11-07, 05:32 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 537 Likes on 473 Posts
Originally Posted by Erdrick
Where did you order Shadow Skill and Princess Tutu from? Shadow Skill has a street date of 11/13 and Princess Tutu has a street date of 11/20. So, Shadow Skill is understandable, but I am surprised you already got Princess Tutu. Did you order them from BestBuy (only place I know of that is notorious for releasing stuff early)?
Receiving preorders before the street release date is fairly common. I received preorders from TRSI as far ahead as a month before the street release date.
Old 11-11-07, 05:34 PM
WTK

I have been following the forum for about a year and I finally decided to join.

Talking about Amazon Marketplace, I am not sure how many of you are aware that Shawne (of RightStuf fame) has a storefront there (aptly named "shawnek"). Sometimes the prices are worse than RightStuf.com, sometimes they are better. And a few weeks back I found an item that was a lot better. He is selling "Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy - Complete Box Set" (a Geneon release) for under $30. (It is actually selling today for $27.95 + $2.98 shipping last I checked.) That is a lot cheaper than the $161.99 at RightStuf.com.

And if you are wondering how I know it is Shawne from RightStuf. When the item arrived it was in a RightStuf box, with a RightStuf invoice, packed the RightStuf way.
He also has a storefront @ Half.com as well. Both are good places to look for individual single volumes and complete collections.
Old 11-11-07, 05:36 PM
WTK

Yugo the Negotiator: Complete Collection is no longer $15.27 @ DeepDiscount.com. It's up to $26.99!
Old 11-11-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just click under the "used" section. Since it's a market place item, I can't link you. The seller should be warehouse_deals. I see only 3 copies left and only one still has "Manufacturer shrink-wrapped". Better hurry if you want to grab it.
I must've missed it (was out today) - I don't see any new ones, but thanks for letting me know. Someone else must've grabbed it! Rats!
Old 11-11-07, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
He also has a storefront @ Half.com as well. Both are good places to look for individual single volumes and complete collections.
WTK, do you know what sellername Shawne uses on Half.com?
Old 11-11-07, 09:04 PM
WTK

WTK, do you know what sellername Shawne uses on Half.com?
Spoiler:
how about trying...gleckner
Old 11-12-07, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There's more discussion, then actual deals....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.