DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart

Old 07-29-07, 12:15 PM

Will this be available online or is it strictly an in-store thing? I don't live anywhere near a Wal-Mart.
Old 07-29-07, 12:36 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by jdugger2
Will this be available online or is it strictly an in-store thing? I don't live anywhere near a Wal-Mart.
I imagine you already searched their website. If it is not there now, check on or closer to release day.
Old 07-29-07, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Willh51
I hope that "a new comedy" is a sticker, or else Hot Fuzz will forever be the new movie from the guys who brought you Shaun of the Dead, which annoys me.
It isn't a sticker. It's part of the printed cover.
Old 07-29-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just noticed that DVD is full screen. For one, I can't believe they still make full screen DVDs, and two the words are very, very small. I predict some bitching on this forum come Tuesday afternoon.
Old 07-29-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^I just hope Walmart also offers Widescreen. I don't know if they've changed but there was a time when they only offered Fullscreen versions of certain films.
Old 07-29-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It would actually be appropriate in the parody sort of way if wally only had foolscreen versions of this film.
Old 07-29-07, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Minerwerks
There's nothing new there. All the features on that Wal-Mart bonus disc exist on the UK 2-disc DVD.
well,i must not have been paying attention to the extras then--i haven't had a chance to watch the second disc....i'll prob still pick this up as long as it's available widescreen
Old 07-29-07, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
I imagine you already searched their website. If it is not there now, check on or closer to release day.
Yeah, I checked. I don't have any experience with Wal-Mart, so thanks for the tip.
Old 07-29-07, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
^I just hope Walmart also offers Widescreen. I don't know if they've changed but there was a time when they only offered Fullscreen versions of certain films.
They usually offer both on release week, and for a week (or two, or three depending on sales) after. Then they scale back to fullscreen, because it "sells better" (mostly because they give it prominent placement on top of the shelves and send more copies of it, so people who wouldn't give a crap grab FS regardless, and WS disappears quickly)
Old 07-29-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Aw, that's sad

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
They usually offer both on release week, and for a week (or two, or three depending on sales) after. Then they scale back to fullscreen, because it "sells better" (mostly because they give it prominent placement on top of the shelves and send more copies of it, so people who wouldn't give a crap grab FS regardless, and WS disappears quickly)
I'm glad I don't live where you guys do. Walmart out here always seems to offer a completely even selection of widescreen and fullscreen. On new stock, typically the widescreen sells out first, but they eventually order more in.
Old 07-29-07, 04:10 PM

I'm just going to use one of my spare 2 disc cases and throw out the walmart case i think.
Old 07-29-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I just noticed that DVD is full screen. For one, I can't believe they still make full screen DVDs, and two the words are very, very small. I predict some bitching on this forum come Tuesday afternoon.
That's standard operating procedure for Universal these days. You really have to be careful when buying a Universal disc that has seperate releases that you're picking up the screen format you want.
Old 07-29-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I usually hate going into Walmart for movies but I think I might have to for this release.
Old 07-29-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
I'm glad I don't live where you guys do. Walmart out here always seems to offer a completely even selection of widescreen and fullscreen. On new stock, typically the widescreen sells out first, but they eventually order more in.
Weird; I worked at two walmarts and have visited tons more, I've never seen one that didn't have the procedure mentioned...(and non-new releases were ALWAYS FS unless they didn't come in FS)
Old 07-29-07, 08:09 PM
Cool New Member

If it is fullscreen..

Just rent it at blockbuster and switch it out
Old 07-29-07, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by alongoria
If it is fullscreen..

You won't be a member for long if you continue to suggest that people break the law.
Old 07-29-07, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

With all this complaining about the size of the version font, I'll chime in and say I like not having a huge "widescreen" banner on some dvds, now the quotes and sticker thing...
Old 07-29-07, 10:53 PM

The last time Walmart had an exclusive bonus disc I wanted packaged with the fullscreen version I took it home and separated the two (being careful not to break the seal on the movie disc), held onto the bonus disc, and took the movie back to the store to exchange it for widescreen. This only works if the cases are individually sealed within the 2-pack, but they usually are.

I already have the UK set, though, so I won't have to bother with that dance this time.
Old 07-29-07, 11:49 PM

All 2nd disc features on HD-DVD

Has anyone else noticed that all of he 2nd disc features are on the HD-DVD? Including the other 3 commentaries from the R2 set?

http://www.ropesofsilicon.com/homevi...d=3725&type=hd

I know which one I'm gonna get!
Old 07-30-07, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kind of makes me wish I had an HD DVD player.
Old 07-30-07, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Kind of makes me wish I had an HD DVD player.
So kind of buy one.

In the meantime, the HD-DVD release is supposed to be a combo disc.
Old 07-30-07, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It would have been really nice of Universal to include a special version of the standard DVD on the combo disc with the four commentaries. Then we could get all the bonus features in R1.
Old 07-30-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone know if this two-pack will also be available at Wal*Mart Canada? If so, I'll get it over the Best Buy exclusive.
Old 07-30-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mnementh
In the meantime, the HD-DVD release is supposed to be a combo disc.
With the bulk of the extra features (and the extra commentaries only showing up on the HD side). And what's up with these combo discs anyway? I thought that the DVD side was always just one layer - or have they started making them with two layers yet? A one layer standard DVD side would suck.
Old 07-30-07, 11:32 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Originally Posted by alongoria
If it is fullscreen..

so you are the f***er that switched out the "Die Hard 2" Special Edition for the crappy non-anamorphic which I rented the other week at BBV. thanks a lot!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.